+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan Watch lite.

Loan Watch lite.

Just a quick run through this week. I'm off to Belfast tomorrow for the Loan Watch AGM. It's usually held in Cardiff but I've got some family stuff to do over there so I thought it'd be a good chance to kill two birds with one stone and hold the AGM where, hopefully, no one else will turn up. It'll make it much easier for me to get my own way and the whole thing will be over quicker. Democracy is good but time consuming, a bit like the Godfather trilogy I suppose.

A quiet week anyway. Adam le Fondre finally got off the mark in his second spell at the club with two goals for Bolton as they won 4-2 at second placed Fleetwood. The first looked like a mishit cross but the second was a good header. Also in League One, Ben Wilson and Stuart O'Keefe both played as Rochdale drew 2-2 at MK Dons. Deji Oshilaja was back for Gillingham as they staged an amazing comeback against Scunthorpe. 2-0 down with 13 minutes to go, they won 3-2 with a hat-trick of penalties from Josh Wright.

Two more defeats for Rotherham this week, today's loss at Wolves was tough for Semi Ajayi. He allowed Andreas Weimann to get the better of him for the only goal of the game then blasted over the bar from a couple of yards out in injury time. Manager Paul Warne said 'he's been excellent so I'm not going to criticise him'. Tom Adeyemi played a couple of good through balls at 0-0 in this game but Danny Ward failed to convert either chance. Emyr Huws was subbed at Barnsley as Ipswich got a late equaliser through Tom Lawrence.

Matty Kennedy was struck by the 'nominated for League 2 player of the month' curse this week as he was subbed at half time in the loss to Blackpool then missed today's win at Mansfield through injury. In the non-leagues there were home defeats for Lloyd Humphries' Weston and Jarrad Welch and Isaac Kelly's Cinderford. Idriss Saadi's Kortrijk play tomorrow.

Apart from Lawrence there were also goals this week for former players Eoin Doyle, Conor McAleny, Cameron Jerome, Danny Johnson, Guido Burgstaller, Tony Watt, Andreas Cornelius and Aaron Ramsey. Players who are linked by Cardiff City but not much else.

Re: Loan Watch lite.

Good luck at the AGM

Re: Loan Watch lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Just a quick run through this week. I'm off to Belfast tomorrow for the Loan Watch AGM. It's usually held in Cardiff but I've got some family stuff to do over there so I thought it'd be a good chance to kill two birds with one stone and hold the AGM where, hopefully, no one else will turn up. It'll make it much easier for me to get my own way and the whole thing will be over quicker. Democracy is good but time consuming, a bit like the Godfather trilogy I suppose.

A quiet week anyway. Adam le Fondre finally got off the mark in his second spell at the club with two goals for Bolton as they won 4-2 at second placed Fleetwood. The first looked like a mishit cross but the second was a good header. Also in League One, Ben Wilson and Stuart O'Keefe both played as Rochdale drew 2-2 at MK Dons. Deji Oshilaja was back for Gillingham as they staged an amazing comeback against Scunthorpe. 2-0 down with 13 minutes to go, they won 3-2 with a hat-trick of penalties from Josh Wright.

Two more defeats for Rotherham this week, today's loss at Wolves was tough for Semi Ajayi. He allowed Andreas Weimann to get the better of him for the only goal of the game then blasted over the bar from a couple of yards out in injury time. Manager Paul Warne said 'he's been excellent so I'm not going to criticise him'. Tom Adeyemi played a couple of good through balls at 0-0 in this game but Danny Ward failed to convert either chance. Emyr Huws was subbed at Barnsley as Ipswich got a late equaliser through Tom Lawrence.

Matty Kennedy was struck by the 'nominated for League 2 player of the month' curse this week as he was subbed at half time in the loss to Blackpool then missed today's win at Mansfield through injury. In the non-leagues there were home defeats for Lloyd Humphries' Weston and Jarrad Welch and Isaac Kelly's Cinderford. Idriss Saadi's Kortrijk play tomorrow.

Apart from Lawrence there were also goals this week for former players Eoin Doyle, Conor McAleny, Cameron Jerome, Danny Johnson, Guido Burgstaller, Tony Watt, Andreas Cornelius and Aaron Ramsey. Players who are linked by Cardiff City but not much else.
    The private jet is having a new elastic band fitted this weekend and as I cannot stand travelling with the plebs on a passenger flight to Belfast, I won't be able to get to the AGM to propose my motion of no confidence in the Loan Watch Board of Directors, so you're safe for another year .

Thanks for another great report which included a mention of someone who I always think of when I'm trying to imagine who Warnock wants to sign in the summer - Rotherham's Danny Ward.