+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More late frustration for limping over line City.

More late frustration for limping over line City.

Re: More late frustration for limping over line City.

Mention of the 'lesser spotted' Fred and the fact that NW never even refers to him in his press conferences - I've been waiting (and waiting) for a reporter to ask NW both about Fred AND what he thinks of Saadi's potential for next season.

Very pragmatic and objective assessment of yesterday Bob
    A reflection of not only where we are but how far we have come under Warnock, I believe he knows what will be here come August and what he needs. I think barring a few things to try out once we hit that magic 50 points the writing is on the wall for a few.
    Ready for next season now although a couple of nothing to play for games in the early spring sunshine are enticing !

Having read that you sound like you were as frustrated as i was innthe ground yesterday Bob (though you put it far more eloquently than i did)

I just found it odd that we set up like that when i had 5 people sitting by me who i was trying to convince that a season ticket was a good option for them next season!

Pilkington is an odd footballer. He seems to offer 5 minutes in a game where he can look decent then does nothing after that. He also seems to offer a pretense that he is busting a gut for the team by throwing is arms about etc but never ever does anything in defensive chasing that comes to anything.

Add to this that he very rarely seems to be on the same wavelength as the other attacking players in the team and he ends up looking like a player playing by himself for himself!

What struck me yesterday was how much worse we were once Whittingham came on, he did one nice flick out on the left wing but that was about it, his corners weren't great either. Had he come on for an adventurous player I could understand but he replaced Halford. I think his time at Cardiff should come to an end and we should use his wage to improve the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Difficult to disagree anything there Bob. There was some talk that Fred had a fall out so perhaps that is why he has been sidelined.
    It was sad to see how far Peter has fallen from grace. He is a shadow of the player he was and clearly his time at the City is nearly up.
    We should have beaten a poor Brum side out of sight and i will he glad when we get another win as i can see the way things,are shaping at the bottom that 50 may very well be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Difficult to disagree anything there Bob. There was some talk that Fred had a fall out so perhaps that is why he has been sidelined.
    It was sad to see how far Peter has fallen from grace. He is a shadow of the player he was and clearly his time at the City is nearly up.
    We should have beaten a poor Brum side out of sight and i will he glad when we get another win as i can see the way things,are shaping at the bottom that 50 may very well be needed.
    I believe PW epitomises us as a club tbh? Blows hot and cold and unpredictable.

A very good summary, with my only other game being the Fulham game it was a bit of a let down compared to that game, understand NW wanting to experiment it just didn't work, may be it settled a few thought's of who he needs to release for next season, no one really stood out for me with the Cardiff No.3 being quite poor.

I don't see the logic of putting players on the bench if there is a reluctance to play them when needed.
    Against Blackburn Noone and John were brought on and castigated for the goal that followed.
    Yesterday NW decided not to make substitutions on the basis that he didn't want us to concede a late goal, but we did.
    We needed subs on yesterday.
    I'm a big Warnock fan but I would like to hear him say that yesterday he got it wrong.