Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.wal...t-12702000.amp

If you get to the platform, the train arrives as you get there, you have no time to use the ticket machine (or as is so often the case it's out of order anyway), you get on the train, intending to pay the conductor, there's no conductor so you intend to pay as you get off. This happens to me all the time and I have never had a problem. They just seem to randomly target people now and again to make examples of them.
I went to London in the week by Train, booked on tinternet with ticket collection at a station, machine not working at Heath High level platform for ticket collection but working for a ticket into Cardiff central, ticket collections not working at Cardiff Central was told to show my email confirmation with my collection number, no one on the Train to London asked for my ticket, they messed up my tickets at Paddington, the 19.15 train was rammed coming back had to stand to Bristol Parkway. whilst the stress of not driving in London was fine, not being able to have a seat for the return journey was piss poor, the staff just didn't seem to know procedure, with different instructions given. Overall it was poor.