+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Real Madrid vs Betis

Real Madrid vs Betis

Did anyone just see that????
    Betis through 1v1 and Navas completely cleans him out and the ****ing ref waves play on!
    I have never seen anything like that

Re: Real Madrid vs Betis

One of the most blatant red cards I've ever seen.

The ref had a clear view (as did the linesman) and was relatively close too.

It reminded me of Schumacher vs Tigana

There are always a number of very strange decisions in Real Madrid and Barcelona games. One I felt the ref got spot on was watching Vasquez be pulled back but stay upright and then, 5 seconds later when clear it wasn't coming to anything, pull it back and award free-kick and a yellow card. Rugby referees seem to play advantage forever but it seems football referees very rarely pull the game back if a foul has been committed: you either fall over or give the ref a reason not to make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There are always a number of very strange decisions in Real Madrid and Barcelona games. One I felt the ref got spot on was watching Vasquez be pulled back but stay upright and then, 5 seconds later when clear it wasn't coming to anything, pull it back and award free-kick and a yellow card. Rugby referees seem to play advantage forever but it seems football referees very rarely pull the game back if a foul has been committed: you either fall over or give the ref a reason not to make the decision.
    And the decisions often seem to go Barca or Real's way for some reason....

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And the decisions often seem to go Barca or Real's way for some reason....
    See also our season in the premier league.

Ramos to the rescue again. What a captain. Cracking save from Navas at the death as well to stop it being 2-2. Should he have been on?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Probably an effect of the amount of time in games spent attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Look at Mings and Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Probably an effect of the amount of time in games spent attacking.
    I don't think so. If you look at refereeing decisions they generally give the bigger side the benefit of the doubt. Rooney should have been sent off for that kick on Mutch, it's about as textbook a red card as you can get and the ref had a perfect view.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't think so. If you look at refereeing decisions they generally give the bigger side the benefit of the doubt. Rooney should have been sent off for that kick on Mutch, it's about as textbook a red card as you can get and the ref had a perfect view.
    I think the Steven Gerrard 2nd foul was even more blatant. Gerrard himself was waiting for at very least a final warning but the ref just walked straight past him. That was within the first 10 minutes of the match too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I still feel bad about that one. We were cheated, he should have gone off.

Mentioned this in work today, still annoys me too.