+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McLaren sacked at Derby

McLaren sacked at Derby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39251254

Still, gives another opportunity to revisit this beauty!

Re: McLaren sacked at Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

He doesn't deserve that.

I have a soft spot for Derby, but the fans still believe they are the club of the late 60's/early 70's.

Again?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    He doesn't deserve that.

I have a soft spot for Derby, but the fans still believe they are the club of the late 60's/early 70's.
    He deserves the sack just for that hair.

Shave it off Steve mate, the only person you're fooling is yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Shteve shacked.

He doesn't deserve that.

Don't know about the fans, but that Morris guy in charge of them comes across as a right clown - with a record like his, you cannot just keep in blaming managers all of the time.

From the outside, they also have a set of players who fold like a pack of cards under the slightest pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't know about the fans, but that Morris guy in charge of them comes across as a right clown - with a record like his, you cannot just keep in blaming managers all of the time.

From the outside, they also have a set of players who fold like a pack of cards under the slightest pressure.
    Any new manager brought in now to be ready for the summer window will want to spend another shed-load on his own players. I imagine that would be true for Gary Rowett as much as for any other 'name'. That means more dicing with FFP (I doubt they will be able to sell big again as they did with Jeff Hendrick last summer). A recipe for trouble. There is something wrong at Derby - in the boardroom and in the squad.

Television GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Television GOLD
    That clip never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Any new manager brought in now to be ready for the summer window will want to spend another shed-load on his own players. I imagine that would be true for Gary Rowett as much as for any other 'name'. That means more dicing with FFP (I doubt they will be able to sell big again as they did with Jeff Hendrick last summer). A recipe for trouble. There is something wrong at Derby - in the boardroom and in the squad.
    They have loads of talent in the squad. But a dearth of leaders. Practically all the first 11 would walk into our team. Their problem IMO is simple, chemistry between the players isn't working. Paul Ince as an example, as talented as he is, seems a poor team player and a bit of a sulk when the chips are down. They should have persevered with Pearson.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Pat Murphy at the BBC, who seems to be quite knowledgeable re midlands football (he called Shakespeare getting the Leicester job before anyone else) claims that a few of the players were complaining to Mel Morris constantly and McClaren wanted a squad overhaul in the summer.

Whilst I don't think he's all that as a manager, he's turned them around from an awful start and from the outside there seems to be a distinct lack of character in that team. He wasn't the one that went on the spending sprees of the last two summers (despite spending a fair bit last time he was in the job) and he deserved a chance to have a summer and a pre-season. Personally I think it's an absolute joke and their owner is constantly looking for quick fixes which aren't there.

Perhaps their spending has bought a collection of prima donna's - not a team.

No doubt McClaren will find another job soon. And be relieved of it again.
    Wayhay, it's the money merry-go-round.

Rams chairman Mel Morris said: "We need a manager who shares our values and who is prepared to develop the team."
    Seems odd that you could say that when dismissing a manager who you had already employed. What was it about McClaren that made you feel his ideas had changed 5 months ago or what is it about McClaren that his ideas changed within the past 5 months?

It adds another layer to the Chris Martin story mind; he signed a new contract with Derby in order to work with McClaren next year but now might want to stay with Fulham (potentially in the premier league) despite being adamant he didn't even want to complete this season with them.

He doesn't deserve that.

they have spent millions and were expected to be up there challenging for promotion , the fact he as been sacked twice from the same club beggars belief in itself , mclaren will be laughing all the way to the bank he will probably replace warnock when he walks in the summer.

Has he got the job back yet ,third time lucky, and all ?