+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is relegation still a threat?

Is relegation still a threat?

I will be glad when we get over the 50point mark, as I think this season it will be needed. We have 3home games which have to give us 4/5 points, Brentford, Ipswich and Forest as we have some tricky always, including Wigan and Huddersfield as our last two.
    The bottom two are probably decided, but the 3rd to go down is anyone's guess, as most of the 5/6 still vulnerable are picking up points here and there.
    Still rather nervous. As Warnock says we are down to the bare bones and the best we can hope for is that we limp over the line. Saturday's performance showed we are definitely not in a good place at the moment.

Re: Is relegation still a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I will be glad when we get over the 50point mark, as I think this season it will be needed. We have 3home games which have to give us 4/5 points, Brentford, Ipswich and Forest as we have some tricky always, including Wigan and Huddersfield as our last two.
    The bottom two are probably decided, but the 3rd to go down is anyone's guess, as most of the 5/6 still vulnerable are picking up points here and there.
    Still rather nervous. As Warnock says we are down to the bare bones and the best we can hope for is that we limp over the line. Saturday's performance showed we are definitely not in a good place at the moment.
    in a word no . warnock came in at the right time otherwise you were going down faster than a prossies knickers.

I thought we were getting promoted via the playoffs, according to some of the posters on on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought we were getting promoted via the playoffs, according to some of the posters on on here?
    Hilarious !!!

Our season is over.

If we won 9 out of 9 there is less than 50% chance we would be in the playoffs and if we lost 9 out of 9 there is less than a 50% chance we would be relegated.

Might as well play some youngsters into the team in my opinion. Marco Weymans?

Quote Originally Posted by pagraham View Post
    Our season is over.

If we won 9 out of 9 there is less than 50% chance we would be in the playoffs and if we lost 9 out of 9 there is less than a 50% chance we would be relegated.

Might as well play some youngsters into the team in my opinion. Marco Weymans?
    I was saying the same the other day, seems like too good an opportunity to miss.

Some were saying that we still need to be fielding the best team we can and trying to win games because we're looking to sell season tickets and the entertainment is needed for that.

I think in the long run, if we can blood some new talent now, it should pay off in the future and the season ticket sales will deal with itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I was saying the same the other day, seems like too good an opportunity to miss.

Some were saying that we still need to be fielding the best team we can and trying to win games because we're looking to sell season tickets and the entertainment is needed for that.

I think in the long run, if we can blood some new talent now, it should pay off in the future and the season ticket sales will deal with itself.
    Ideally yes, Warnock does need to bring in one or two but I am not convinced that we are totally out of the woods yet. Rotherham are adrift with a very low points total, Wigan are probably gone as well, but the 3rd spot is wide open with 10pts separating us. I can easily see Blackburn, Wolves and one or two others down there picking up a decent number of points so I expect 50pts to be the cut off. Of the other clubs towards the bottom only Forest are really struggling.

I can't see any of them catching us, even though we're not very good.

Only one win in last four homes games and that was against Rotherham. The squad looks a little thin at the moment with injuries to Connolly, Manga and Lambert and the bug that hit some of the players last week. The fact we have John, Mark harris and Meite on the bench says it all. Therefore I think out was a bit stupid of Warnock to send O'Keefe, Huws and Ajayi out on loan, they would at least be on the bench now. Warnock seems to make his mind up on players very quickly...and then change his mind.

It's a shame Healy got injured when he did , he would be having a good run of games now.

As for o'keefe he's worked with him before and doesn't rate him. He's hardly pulling up trees for MK dons.

Huw's was shocking here. I really don't think he will be here in the summer. Far to fragile for the championship with his injury record.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I can't see any of them catching us, even though we're not very good.

Only one win in last four homes games and that was against Rotherham. The squad looks a little thin at the moment with injuries to Connolly, Manga and Lambert and the bug that hit some of the players last week. The fact we have John, Mark harris and Meite on the bench says it all. Therefore I think out was a bit stupid of Warnock to send O'Keefe, Huws and Ajayi out on loan, they would at least be on the bench now. Warnock seems to make his mind up on players very quickly...and then change his mind.
    Yep, hopefully after the international break we will have a couple back for the run in. Having Manga and Lambert will be like having 2 new signings(ish).
    Shame about Healey. Think Warnock had marked him out as a,possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Ideally yes, Warnock does need to bring in one or two but I am not convinced that we are totally out of the woods yet. Rotherham are adrift with a very low points total, Wigan are probably gone as well, but the 3rd spot is wide open with 10pts separating us. I can easily see Blackburn, Wolves and one or two others down there picking up a decent number of points so I expect 50pts to be the cut off. Of the other clubs towards the bottom only Forest are really struggling.
    We may only be 10 points clear, but that is with 9 games to go and there are 8 teams between us and 22nd. Two or three wins would probably be enough to guarantee survival and I'm sure we'd managed that even if we did bring in the likes of Weymans, Mark Harris etc

You certainly don't need two or three wins to guarantee safety. Three more points will be enough and you might not even need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You certainly don't need two or three wins to guarantee safety. Three more points will be enough and you might not even need them.
    Yes. One more win, Ideally Saturday and I can start thinking about my summer holidays.��

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Hilarious !!!
    I must have imagined the thread about us making the playoffs !!!