+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rabbi Matondo.

Rabbi Matondo.

Seems Man City paid an "initial" fee of £500,000 when his agent decided he had to move which is more than I was expecting. However as the article below is full of the sort of loadsamoney bollox that fans of the Man City's of this world like to spout, I'll need more convincing than that about how much we got/are getting for him - he truly will have to be a "wonderkid" if he is to ever play any first team football for his new club.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/03/12/...nchester-city/

Re: Rabbi Matondo.

Hell of a lot of pressure being labelled a 'wonderkid'. Anyway best of luck to the lad, hope he makes it.

Thanks for posting Paul. Must admit I have never heard about this lad. Have you seen him play?
    Spedger

I see they've got the old Giggs chestnut that he switched allegiance from England to Wales he never, he played for England schools they're also saying the same about Rabbi

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Thanks for posting Paul. Must admit I have never heard about this lad. Have you seen him play?
    Spedger
    Yes, I saw him a few times last season - very quick and he was a decent finisher as well, I think he would have been featuring pretty regularly for the Under 23s now if he was still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I see they've got the old Giggs chestnut that he switched allegiance from England to Wales he never, he played for England schools they're also saying the same about Rabbi
    Matondo was born in Liverpool (I think) though, and we signed him from elsewhere. He's not a local lad so there's a real chance he will want to play for England when he's older.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    If Ryan Giggs played football today, he would be eligible to play for England under the 5 year compulsory schooling rule. However at the time this avenue wasn't open to him and he had no parentage options for him to qualify for England.

man city seem to be buying them youngsters

I was speaking to another dad at rugby yesterday, his lad has just turned them down, they wanted him to stop playing rugby, but he didnt want to, so he told them " thanks for the offer, but no thanks " looking at Bristol city now ( as the dad says they have a good youth setup )

Hopefully he sticks with Wales and progresses well, gutting that we've lost out on such a big talent, but that's the system, I guess

In my opinion we kept the better of the two stars from Rabbi's age group.
    He too was courted by Man City (and others) but his main ambition is to be the youngest player to play for us and beat Ramsey's record.
    A true bluebird... who says there isn't any loyalty in football.
    Hopefully Neil will give him a run out when it's mathematically impossible for us to reach the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    He too was courted by Man City (and others) but his main ambition is to be the youngest player to play for us and beat Ramsey's record.
    Hopefully Neil will give him a run out when it's mathematically impossible for us to reach the play offs.
    Who is that then?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems Man City paid an "initial" fee of £500,000 when his agent decided he had to move which is more than I was expecting. However as the article below is full of the sort of loadsamoney bollox that fans of the Man City's of this world like to spout, I'll need more convincing than that about how much we got/are getting for him - he truly will have to be a "wonderkid" if he is to ever play any first team football for his new club.

Thing is they could sign many more at this price ,and never feel the financial impact .

If world football really cared about these youngsters they would ban these rich club money grabs ,rule that up to 20 years of age the player has top play and live within 30 miles radius of his home and family . That would enable the lad to mature near his home, educated locally and the local not so well of clubs then enjoy the outputs of their own academy, the big clubs grab all the top end established talent now they want the bottom end .

Where's the social outpouring and angst from the members of our politics board ,surly its Blair's and /or the Tories fault .

Reminds me of the celebrity adoptions,got yer money so i'm doing it .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thing is they could sign many more at this price ,and never feel the financial impact .

If world football really cared about these youngsters they would ban these rich club money grabs ,rule that up to 20 years of age the player has top play and live within 30 miles radius of his home and family . That would enable the lad to mature near his home, educated locally and the local not so well of clubs then enjoy the outputs of their own academy, the big clubs grab all the top end established talent now they want the bottom end .

Where's the social outpouring and angst from the members of our politics board ,surly its Blair's and /or the Tories fault .

Your 20 year old age limit makes perfect sense, and is therefore the reason why it would never be implemented.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I can go to University or join the army (without parental consent) at 18.

I completely agree that young players would benefit from greater ties to their local area, and as TOBW suggested this youth player would already be playing at a reasonably high level if it wasn't for his potential and a wealthy academy, but would also like them to be able to receive the best education: Man City now offer enviable academic education as well as football education for young men.

My thoughts were along the lines of returning to play youth football at home while being educated at the top level during the week. Akin to the season long loans these youth prodigies go on, seemingly forever, a few years later but limited to their local club and with financial package that makes it worthwhile for home club to help develop a player who would eventually leave permanently.

I've been told of one player who turned Man City down to stay with us, he is slightly too old to beat Ramsey's record now though, but if he is the one I'm thinking of, I'd say there was a possibility that he could have played for the first team before the season ends.

On the subject of youngest City players, when I looked in the latest Rothmans (they'll always be Rothmans Football Yearbooks to me!), they say that it's not Aaron Ramsey, but a Bob Adams who was 15 years and 325 days old on his debut against Southend in February 1933 - here's what a City website I use has to say about him;-

"A goalkeeper who is thought to have been City's youngest ever debutant, he was signed as a reserve to Tom Farquharson. He went on to play 2 League games for Bristol Rovers and ended his League career at Millwall after 6 League games there. He did join Bristol City for the 1936-37 season but was not selected for the first team. Bob Adams died at Blakeney on 1st September 1970."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

What's Splott David's take on this?

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    What's Splott David's take on this?
    He reckons he's no Islam Slimani.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hef reckons he's no Islam Slimani.
    Hoy Vey!