+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forgiveness. Is there too much of it nowadays?

Forgiveness. Is there too much of it nowadays?

It seems that no matter what you do nowadays you will always be forgiven. A Brazilian goalie has been signed by a club despite him being sent to prison for the murder of a surplus girlfriend who was fed to his dogs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-football.html

Perhaps I'm unusually heartless but I can't understand why we should forgive anyone guilty of murder. I agree with the film character who said this : "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Re: Forgiveness. Is there too much of it nowadays?

s
    Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    It seems that no matter what you do nowadays you will always be forgiven. A Brazilian goalie has been signed by a club despite him being sent to prison for the murder of a surplus girlfriend who was fed to his dogs.

Perhaps I'm unusually heartless but I can't understand why we should forgive anyone guilty of murder. I agree with the film character who said this : "God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."
    Your invocation of God at the end there leads me to assume that you possibly identify as Christian. If so, there is no limit to forgiveness.

My wife won't forgive me for eating a left over bit of cheese from when I gave the dog her tablet two and a half hours ago.

I pointed out she had just gobbled down the left over sherry trifle from yesterday.

Somehow my crime was the greater. Quiet night ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    s

Your invocation of God at the end there leads me to assume that you possibly identify as Christian. If so, there is no limit to forgiveness.
    I am not religious at all. I think there are limits to forgiveness and killers transgress that limit. The quote is from "Dead Man's Shoes".

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    My wife won't forgive me for eating a left over bit of cheese from when I gave the dog her tablet two and a half hours ago.

I pointed out she had just gobbled down the left over sherry trifle from yesterday.

Somehow my crime was the greater. Quiet night ahead.
    How does the dog use the tablet with his paws?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why do you think they have a "paws" button? lol, just kidding pal, god that's what I love about this place, the banter.

I am not religious at all. I think there are limits to forgiveness and killers transgress that limit. The quote is from "Dead Man's Shoes".
    In that case the answer is even easier, the limit to forgiveness is what the individual wants to grant. So again...no limit.

Wouldn't say this is down to forgiveness. They simply don't care what he's done as they want a good keeper.

That article is dated 2014

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That article is dated 2014
    You're right, but he has only recently been released from prison and signed with a club yesterday. That article was a 'could' story.

You're right, but he has only recently been released from prison and signed with a club yesterday. That article was a 'could' story.
    It would have been easier with a pen.

It's a " she " actually so uses the same mental powers that all women use to make things work
    the way they want them to.