+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indyref 2

Indyref 2

Revenge of the Sturgeon.
    Coming soon to a country near you.

Out of interest, if Scotland left and then teamed up with Ireland to form a Celtic nation, and extended the invitation to Wales, would you stay as part of England or join the new nation, let's call it Albion.

Re: Indyref 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Revenge of the Sturgeon.

Out of interest, if Scotland left and then teamed up with Ireland to form a Celtic nation, and extended the invitation to Wales, would you stay as part of England or join the new nation, let's call it Albion.
    I think we should stick with England and France and Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think we should stick with England and France and Holland
    Stay in the EU you mean? Quite agree.

Stay in the EU you mean? Quite agree.
    No, they will be out like us, so we can form a common market together

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No, they will be out like us, so we can form a common market together
    Wouldn't it be simpler if everyone just stayed in in the first place? Less money​going to lawyers too.

Wouldn't it be simpler if everyone just stayed in in the first place? Less money​going to lawyers too.
    No, we don't want political union and all the rest of it. A little bit of trade will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Are you aware how much Scotland exports to the UK (it's a lot more than exports to the EU).
    They would have to join the Euro and would have to wait to join the 'club' - as well as meet the joining criteria.

This wouldnt happen for a while - so if you wanted to hedge your bets - stick with the New UK and see how that goes - before jumping back into bed with the EU.

My own personal opinion - post Brexit it will be bad (but not for the reasons you may think) - I think there will be an uncontrollable boom - which will be as bad as a recession.
    What would be driving this uncontrollable boom you have imagined?

buzzing!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Are you aware how much Scotland exports to the UK (it's a lot more than exports to the EU).
    They would have to join the Euro and would have to wait to join the 'club' - as well as meet the joining criteria.

This wouldnt happen for a while - so if you wanted to hedge your bets - stick with the New UK and see how that goes - before jumping back into bed with the EU.

My own personal opinion - post Brexit it will be bad (but not for the reasons you may think) - I think there will be an uncontrollable boom - which will be as bad as a recession.
    Simple solution, May says we'll impose tariffs on trade with scotland in the event of independence. As the EU are doing to the UK.

That is Sturgeons entire argument about free trade down the shitter.

It is hilarious, the hypocrisy.

Their economic argument is an oil field that will inevitably die.

+ Refuse to allow them to keep the pound. They'll have to fund their own health service. Etc, etc, etc. Blah, blah, blah.

If this quickens her removal from public then by all means, give them the ref.

If SNP lose this referendum then you have to believe that their founding aim and potentially party as a whole is dead for two decades or more.

The uncertainty of Brexit, the suggestion that May will push for a hard brexit against the views of the Scottish people and perhaps the lack of input from outside of Westminster into negotiations all are good reasons for there to be a second referendum. However, if Brexit was a result of Cameron listening to the loudest voices in his party and ultimately the signal of his demise then this may very well be the same for Sturgeon.

And if this is the demise of the SNP what next? The second best placed party is currently the conservative's who care so greatly about the Scottish viewpoint that it was a major weapon against labour in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If SNP lose this referendum then you have to believe that their founding aim and potentially party as a whole is dead for two decades or more.

And if this is the demise of the SNP what next? The second best placed party is currently the conservative's who care so greatly about the Scottish viewpoint that it was a major weapon against labour in 2015.
    If they were to lose, the aim might be dead but they'd still be the strongest party in Scotland, so their demise would be questionable.

Fair play for going for it, rather than our half arsed effort at being a 'nation'.

It's time to call their bluff, otherwise there will be Indyref 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ....

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Maybe they'd take the revenue and invest it more wisely, like the Norwegians do, rather than use it to give tax breaks to the rich like the UK did.

All this mess because the Conservatives were scared of a party who couldn't even muster more than 1 seat

For what its worth I think Scotland should leave and just go for it, it could finally trigger some self-respect in Wales...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    All this mess because the Conservatives were scared of a party who couldn't even muster more than 1 seat

For what its worth I think Scotland should leave and just go for it, it could finally trigger some self-respect in Wales...
    Hopefully!

That made me smile

Revenge of the Sturgeon.

Wales voted the same way as England.....

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Simple solution, May says we'll impose tariffs on trade with scotland in the event of independence. As the EU are doing to the UK.

That is Sturgeons entire argument about free trade down the shitter.

It is hilarious, the hypocrisy.

+ Refuse to allow them to keep the pound. They'll have to fund their own health service. Etc, etc, etc. Blah, blah, blah.

If this quickens her removal from public then by all means, give them the ref.
    Good post this, nail on the head.

Although you didn't mention what I think is the most important factor in indyref2, the difference between May and Cameron. Dave spent much of the last campaign making impassioned pleas to Scotland to vote remain and he really shat in the last few days of the election, he wanted to avoid being the PM who broke up the UK. Theresa May on the other hand really couldn't give two shits if Scotland goes or not, she won't be going all out to keep them on the board.

The fact of the matter is the economic argument for leaving the union is far weaker than it was last time. My stance on Scottish independence is that I am happy with whatever they decided, it's their choice but I do genuinely believe they'd really struggle and that the EU may not be as accommodating for them as they hoped.

Revenge of the Sturgeon.

When you say Ireland I presume you mean Ulster not a united Ireland??

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When you say Ireland I presume you mean Ulster not a united Ireland??
    Nah, the whole lot.

Nah, the whole lot.
    Can't foresee any problems there ..!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Can't foresee any problems there ..!
    This is my hypothetical scenario, I make the rules.

Actually, thinking about it - the unionists in the north get to remain in a nation with 2 other "Protestant" countries, the republicans get a unified Ireland of sorts and don't have to be involved with Westminster.
    Everyone is a winner​.

That's that sorted, now for Israel/Palestine.

OK ;) But I'd politely suggest that - at this time - a completely united Ireland - complicit in 'joining' the remainder of the UK - without Scotland - is one hell of an hypothesis!