+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Indyref 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Indyref 2

Revenge of the Sturgeon.
    Coming soon to a country near you.

Out of interest, if Scotland left and then teamed up with Ireland to form a Celtic nation, and extended the invitation to Wales, would you stay as part of England or join the new nation, let's call it Albion.

Re: Indyref 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Revenge of the Sturgeon.

Out of interest, if Scotland left and then teamed up with Ireland to form a Celtic nation, and extended the invitation to Wales, would you stay as part of England or join the new nation, let's call it Albion.
    I think we should stick with England and France and Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think we should stick with England and France and Holland
    Stay in the EU you mean? Quite agree.

Stay in the EU you mean? Quite agree.
    No, they will be out like us, so we can form a common market together

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No, they will be out like us, so we can form a common market together
    Wouldn't it be simpler if everyone just stayed in in the first place? Less money​going to lawyers too.

Wouldn't it be simpler if everyone just stayed in in the first place? Less money​going to lawyers too.
    No, we don't want political union and all the rest of it. A little bit of trade will be fine

buzzing!!!!!!

If SNP lose this referendum then you have to believe that their founding aim and potentially party as a whole is dead for two decades or more.

The uncertainty of Brexit, the suggestion that May will push for a hard brexit against the views of the Scottish people and perhaps the lack of input from outside of Westminster into negotiations all are good reasons for there to be a second referendum. However, if Brexit was a result of Cameron listening to the loudest voices in his party and ultimately the signal of his demise then this may very well be the same for Sturgeon.

And if this is the demise of the SNP what next? The second best placed party is currently the conservative's who care so greatly about the Scottish viewpoint that it was a major weapon against labour in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If SNP lose this referendum then you have to believe that their founding aim and potentially party as a whole is dead for two decades or more.

And if this is the demise of the SNP what next? The second best placed party is currently the conservative's who care so greatly about the Scottish viewpoint that it was a major weapon against labour in 2015.
    If they were to lose, the aim might be dead but they'd still be the strongest party in Scotland, so their demise would be questionable.

Fair play for going for it, rather than our half arsed effort at being a 'nation'.

It's time to call their bluff, otherwise there will be Indyref 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ....

All this mess because the Conservatives were scared of a party who couldn't even muster more than 1 seat

For what its worth I think Scotland should leave and just go for it, it could finally trigger some self-respect in Wales...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    All this mess because the Conservatives were scared of a party who couldn't even muster more than 1 seat

For what its worth I think Scotland should leave and just go for it, it could finally trigger some self-respect in Wales...
    Hopefully!

That made me smile

Revenge of the Sturgeon.

Wales voted the same way as England.....

Revenge of the Sturgeon.

When you say Ireland I presume you mean Ulster not a united Ireland??

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When you say Ireland I presume you mean Ulster not a united Ireland??
    Nah, the whole lot.

Nah, the whole lot.
    Can't foresee any problems there ..!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Can't foresee any problems there ..!
    This is my hypothetical scenario, I make the rules.

Actually, thinking about it - the unionists in the north get to remain in a nation with 2 other "Protestant" countries, the republicans get a unified Ireland of sorts and don't have to be involved with Westminster.
    Everyone is a winner​.

That's that sorted, now for Israel/Palestine.

OK ;) But I'd politely suggest that - at this time - a completely united Ireland - complicit in 'joining' the remainder of the UK - without Scotland - is one hell of an hypothesis!

Nah, the whole lot.
    Erm..... I don't think so 😃

Revenge of the Sturgeon.

God no, I'm a proud British person and wish to remain so, in or out of Europe.

There is no finer island, and the Scots should be grateful to be part of that institution which is so admired , trusted and respected around the world.

If the SNP gets independence it would a very sad moment for the UK and a very dangerous risk for the Scottish people, the SNP is using emotional blackmail to extend its power base, it almost like a dictatorship is being formed to ensure there is no future opposition or choice ,very worrying ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    God no, I'm a proud British person and wish to remain so, in or out of Europe.

There is no finer island, and the Scots should be grateful to be part of that institution which is so admired , trusted and respected around the world.

If the SNP gets independence it would a very sad moment for the UK and a very dangerous risk for the Scottish people, the SNP is using emotional blackmail to extend its power base, it almost like a dictatorship is being formed to ensure there is no future opposition or choice ,very worrying ??
    What a load of rubbish