+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey would he have been better off ....

Ramsey would he have been better off ....

going to Man Utd than Arsenal ?

Wenger never seems to give him a fair crack of the whip despite Aaron
    scoring in FA Cup finals to earn him his only recent trophies.

Could he have done better signing up for Fergie back in the day ?

Re: Ramsey would he have been better off ....

Yes I think so. The Arsenal fans are a disgrace. He needs to leave this summer and join a club where the supporters will appreciate him.

I reckon united could have done with him too. They've missed a decent centre mid since your keanes and scholes retired

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I reckon united could have done with him too. They've missed a decent centre mid since your keanes and scholes retired
    Utd had central midfielders Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher & Park Ji-Sung for at least 4 years after Ramsey's move to Arsenal. He would've spent years on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Utd had central midfielders Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher & Park Ji-Sung for at least 4 years after Ramsey's move to Arsenal. He would've spent years on the bench.
    Whereas at Arsenal he has spent years on the bench.

Wouldn't have been given as many opportunities at United, plus he would have been either shipped out or would have had to go through the Moyes-Van Gaal-Mourinho years

A move to Spain/Germany/Italy hopefully on the cards in the summer

a move to rangers would garantee him first team football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    He would have surpassed those players. Are people forgetting how he broke into the arsenal team at 18? With players like Cesc, Nasri, Rosicky and Song. Imagine he never had that injury. Look at how he bossed the Euros for us. For Wales ffs

Can't believe you rolled off fletcher, Ramsey bossed him when we beat Scotland 3-0 at CCS. Park was effective, but not the orchestrating midfielder Ramsey is. Carrick I'll give you..but I think Ramsey alongside carrick would've brought united great success.

Bollocks to FFP, come on Vincent, you know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Whereas at Arsenal he has spent years on the bench.
    Not true.
    Before this injury hit season Wenger picked him virtually as an ever present.
    With Arsenal's form dropping, fans hostile to Wenger (and the team), together with Ramsey's injuries, I would like to see him manager be on in the summer.

Finally, I note Wenger plays him more as the defensive midfielder, which is not his best position (in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not true.
    Before this injury hit season Wenger picked him virtually as an ever present.
    With Arsenal's form dropping, fans hostile to Wenger (and the team), together with Ramsey's injuries, I would like to see him manager be on in the summer.

Finally, I note Wenger plays him more as the defensive midfielder, which is not his best position (in my opinion)
    Move on in the summer - sorry predictive text.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes I think so. The Arsenal fans are a disgrace. He needs to leave this summer and join a club where the supporters will appreciate him.
    I can't stand arsenal fans, I know a few in Cardiff. One has even stopped following them completely coz they haven't won anything....hope Rambo goes to Spain to be honest....quality

probably the reason your Arsenal 'friend' has stopped following The Arsenal is because like many others, has become disillusioned with the useless triumvirate in charge. the club is seen by the yank as a cash cow, lining his, the board & the managers pockets. from the outside all may look rosy, but the total lack of ambition to challenge for trophies is disheartening. 4th place is not a trophy neither is falling at 1st knock out stage of european cup. where does consistency become mediocrity become failure. le fraud is a stubborn myopic dinosaur who will not / cannot adapt to modern tactics, he chooses a team of snowflakes who won't challenge him and appear content with their obscene wage packet...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I can't stand arsenal fans, I know a few in Cardiff. One has even stopped following them completely coz they haven't won anything....hope Rambo goes to Spain to be honest....quality
    I think your mate posts on here too.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    a move to rangers would garantee him first team football.
    He could beat Rangers on his own, even when his leg was broken.

Ramsey has made nearly 200 premier league appearances for Arsenal, and has made it as a top Premier League player, who when fit is selected by Wenger. He has clearly been given a chance at Arsenal and he has clearly taken it. We are at a time where players signed from outside the Top division in this country do not really get a chance in a top 6 side (the only other player i can think of currently doing this is Delle Ali).

Lets say Ramsey's Arsenal career re-started in 2011 (after his leg break and after his loan to us). At this point Manchester United were a sign and sell club. The fans wanted the big names in and developing players had to go elsewhere. Paul Pogba had to leave in 2012 only to return to the club for next to £90m, to reinforce the point that developing was not top of their agenda.

Maybe there is a case that Ramsey should move on soon, however its difficult to make a case that he hasnt been given opportunities. I think Arsenal has been a fine fit for him, and have helped shape him in to the player he is today.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Ramsey has made nearly 200 premier league appearances for Arsenal, and has made it as a top Premier League player, who when fit is selected by Wenger. He has clearly been given a chance at Arsenal and he has clearly taken it. We are at a time where players signed from outside the Top division in this country do not really get a chance in a top 6 side (the only other player i can think of currently doing this is Delle Ali).

Lets say Ramsey's Arsenal career re-started in 2011 (after his leg break and after his loan to us). At this point Manchester United were a sign and sell club. The fans wanted the big names in and developing players had to go elsewhere. Paul Pogba had to leave in 2012 only to return to the club for next to £90m, to reinforce the point that developing was not top of their agenda.

Maybe there is a case that Ramsey should move on soon, however its difficult to make a case that he hasnt been given opportunities. I think Arsenal has been a fine fit for him, and have helped shape him in to the player he is today.
    You are right to the extent that if you compiled a chart of the players who've made the most midfield appearances in Arsenal starting elevens since he signed for them, Ramsey would be at, or close to, the top of it. However, Wenger has never been sure of his best position or, if he is, he switches him about too much to get the best out of him. Ramsey was the best player in the Premier League for much of the 13/14 season when he was confident and injury free and playing in the position in which he was selected for the select team of Euro 16.

I watch Ramsey playing for Arsenal now and think he is playing to about 40 per cent of his potential. Some of that is his own fault, but a manager who would have been regarded as one of the greats if he had retired a decade ago has been a hindrance to him as well with the ridiculous decision to select Ramsey in the season opener with Liverpool when every other Arsenal player who was in action in the latter stages of the Euros was rested being typical of how Wenger has mismanaged him in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You are right to the extent that if you compiled a chart of the players who've made the most midfield appearances in Arsenal starting elevens since he signed for them, Ramsey would be at, or close to, the top of it. However, Wenger has never been sure of his best position or, if he is, he switches him about too much to get the best out of him. Ramsey was the best player in the Premier League for much of the 13/14 season when he was confident and injury free and playing in the position in which he was selected for the select team of Euro 16.

I watch Ramsey playing for Arsenal now and think he is playing to about 40 per cent of his potential. Some of that is his own fault, but a manager who would have been regarded as one of the greats if he had retired a decade ago has been a hindrance to him as well with the ridiculous decision to select Ramsey in the season opener with Liverpool when every other Arsenal player who was in action in the latter stages of the Euros was rested being typical of how Wenger has mismanaged him in recent seasons.
    The issue comes from the fact that Wenger wants him to grow into his problematic central midfield area, whereas he is at his best when he plays in the central attacking midfield area where his late runs into the box and his passes and flicks work the best for him.

This is an issue because Arsenal have Sanchez and Ozil, big name players who have came into that position and pushed him either out wide or further back.

This would have been more of an issue at the other top six clubs who are constantly signing attacking players (with the exception of Tottenham, who are currently the only side that develops in the top 6). It will also be an issue if he moves to a top club in Spain.

There is a clear case that now is maybe the time for him to leave Arsenal, however given how rare it is for a player to join a top six side from outside the top flight in this country, and to make it as a top player. I think Arsenal have done well to develop him to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The issue comes from the fact that Wenger wants him to grow into his problematic central midfield area, whereas he is at his best when he plays in the central attacking midfield area where his late runs into the box and his passes and flicks work the best for him.

This is an issue because Arsenal have Sanchez and Ozil, big name players who have came into that position and pushed him either out wide or further back.

This would have been more of an issue at the other top six clubs who are constantly signing attacking players (with the exception of Tottenham, who are currently the only side that develops in the top 6). It will also be an issue if he moves to a top club in Spain.

There is a clear case that now is maybe the time for him to leave Arsenal, however given how rare it is for a player to join a top six side from outside the top flight in this country, and to make it as a top player. I think Arsenal have done well to develop him to this point.
    I agree with you.The truth of the matter is that Wenger took the time to welcome Ramsey and his family to Arsenal personally showing him all the facilities and giving assurances as to how he would be looked after.Ferguson at United did nothing of the sort delegating that responsibility to a senior player,one Gary Neville.The family were less than impressed and it made it an easy decision on where he future would be.
    I also agree it is time for him to move on and a top club in Spain or Germany would be ideal for his style of play.

For some reason Arsenal persist with Ozil in the attacking midfield position despite him constantly disappearing in big games, surely its time to give Ramsey a run in that position?

Quote Originally Posted by spadey View Post
    probably the reason your Arsenal 'friend' has stopped following The Arsenal is because like many others, has become disillusioned with the useless triumvirate in charge. the club is seen by the yank as a cash cow, lining his, the board & the managers pockets. from the outside all may look rosy, but the total lack of ambition to challenge for trophies is disheartening. 4th place is not a trophy neither is falling at 1st knock out stage of european cup. where does consistency become mediocrity become failure. le fraud is a stubborn myopic dinosaur who will not / cannot adapt to modern tactics, he chooses a team of snowflakes who won't challenge him and appear content with their obscene wage packet...
    They
    Ike to make a profit hey? Weird as the people who own arsenal are so wealthy I'm sure a few more drops of water in their vast oceans make little difference. Still, it's hardly sufferation is it?? There are 6 big clubs in England these days arsenal are just one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    I agree with you.The truth of the matter is that Wenger took the time to welcome Ramsey and his family to Arsenal personally showing him all the facilities and giving assurances as to how he would be looked after.Ferguson at United did nothing of the sort delegating that responsibility to a senior player,one Gary Neville.The family were less than impressed and it made it an easy decision on where he future would be.
    I also agree it is time for him to move on and a top club in Spain or Germany would be ideal for his style of play.
    Fergie worked a different way, no bollocks, just come and play and win stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Fergie worked a different way, no bollocks, just come and play and win stuff.....
    Yep !

Think he would have been far better off at united. He's completely wasted at Arsenal, played out of position depsite the fact that he showed how good he can be when given an attacking role during the season he was top scorer in the league up until an spell out injured.

Worse than that though, leg break aside, I'm pretty sure Wenger and Arsenal's training reigeme is to blame for most of his injuries. They have a terrible reputation for it. I remeber Arsene once openly admitted to playing him knowing he was carrying a knock and Aaron spent another lengthy spell on the sidelines following that game.

Added to that, they surely have the most fickle fans in the country? Ready to turn on thier own players after one misplaced pass, unless of course it's golden boy Ozil, who has been dog sh!te for sometime now but still seems to be held as the best player of all time by Arsenal fans?!