+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramsey would he have been better off ....

Re: Ramsey would he have been better off ....

BBC 'experts' laid right into him after the WBA game in their analysis and it seems that Arsenal's loss was largely down to him

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    BBC 'experts' laid right into him after the WBA game in their analysis and it seems that Arsenal's loss was largely down to him
    In all fairness he's massively over rated on here.
    A good player no doubt but when he does leave Arsenal it won't be for a bigger club imo

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    A good player no doubt but when he does leave Arsenal it won't be for a bigger club imo
    His form has certainly dipped and this could be down to a number of factors but his pedigree is not in question.
    Whether he leaves or Wenger leaves, a change is definitely needed for the lad.

My post though was more the fact that he didn't challenge for the headers. Okay it did not look great but should he really be picking up the big guys from corners?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Agree, I've not read a reply that addresses his short comings. He's a wonderful player when others are playing well around him, take that luxury away, he blends into the background. I've always thought that he takes a touch too many, and is slow on the ball, in my opinion he lacks a certain urgency that great players possess. Four of the greatest midfield players produced in this country over the last 20 years or so-Keane, Lampard, Scholes and Gerrard, possessed a will to win, a nasty edge that contributed to them either winning games with ability, character and hard work, If Ramsey is to be considered as good as them, then he needs the mental streak that they possess, he doesn't have that, maybe more natural ability, but not that ability to drag a team with him.