+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looks like City are off to Cornwall for pre season..............................

Looks like City are off to Cornwall for pre season..............................

according to a typically plain speaking Neil Warnock in this piece;-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ws6rp

Re: Looks like City are off to Cornwall for pre season..............................

"yeah .. you wait 'til next season pal .. I'll be shaking your hand and smiling"

Can't help but enjoy hearing Warnock spouting forth.

Re: Looks like City are off to Cornwall for pre season..............................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    according to a typically plain speaking Neil Warnock in this piece;-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ws6rp
    Hope it's during the first week of the school holidays. #thinlyveiledgotacornishholidayinlatejulypost

I was thinking and hoping we would be doing Cornwall in pre season. Warnock seems to have done this with many of his teams, and of course he lives there. Looking forward to it.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I was thinking and hoping we would be doing Cornwall in pre season. Warnock seems to have done this with many of his teams, and of course he lives there. Looking forward to it.
    Spedger
    He suggests that he wants a City fans to book their hols, caravans tents and get the season started in Cornwall.
    Imagine, if this snowballed, and the weather was fine - what a start to the season. I fancy it in the campervan

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    He suggests that he wants a City fans to book their hols, caravans tents and get the season started in Cornwall.
    Imagine, if this snowballed, and the weather was fine - what a start to the season. I fancy it in the campervan
    I'll be in Cornwall first week of August. I imagine my wife will be thrilled at the idea of going to watch a pre-season friendly whilst down there.

Great interview. What honesty. Hope he gets the lads to do some work on his farm. About time they earned their corn!

Yippe what dates, I'm doing my own 9 day Cornwall /Devon tour ,wonderful place .

we have 3 weekends and one midweek trip to cornwall planned for the surfing

The In-laws live in Cornwall. It's been far too long.

Going on previous years we're likely to play Tavistock and Bodmin, and one other from Torquay, Plymouth and Truro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Going on previous years we're likely to play Tavistock and Bodmin, and one other from Torquay, Plymouth and Truro.
    Surly they can play the mighty Falmouth Town AFC , love that town and its beers , pasties and sea air

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Surly they can play the mighty Falmouth Town AFC , love that town and its beers , pasties and sea air
    Yes, seriously thought of moving there a few years ago. Falmouth is definitely a place on the up. Has its own Uni now as well. Road/ rail links still poor though.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yes, seriously thought of moving there a few years ago. Falmouth is definitely a place on the up. Has its own Uni now as well. Road/ rail links still poor though.
    I holiday there every year, its like going back in time , micro climate , the community its tied into local jobs.

We stay on Gyllyngvase Beach on the other side of headland which is a 10 minute walk into town , the other way is glorious coastal walks and beaches .

https://www.falmouth.co.uk/see-and-d...yngvase-beach/

I holiday there every year, its like going back in time , micro climate , the community its tied into local jobs.

We stay on Gyllyngvase Beach on the other side of headland which is a 10 minute walk into town , the other way is glorious coastal walks and beaches .

we ( and I mean just me ) need a surf report on any review

We decided to stay in lovely Pembs instead. Don't think we made a bad decision. Just got back from Whitesands St Davids.Life is so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    We decided to stay in lovely Pembs instead. Don't think we made a bad decision. Just got back from Whitesands St Davids.Life is so hard!
    Shoulda popped in for a cup of tea ;)
    Went out for a walk to Whitesands myself earlier. Never get tired of it ;) Did you catch that sunny spell this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Shoulda popped in for a cup of tea ;)
    Went out for a walk to Whitesands myself earlier. Never get tired of it ;) Did you catch that sunny spell this afternoon?
    Yep, its a small world. Got caught in the shower then. Nothing changes!

Hear Hear! Love Falmouth. Spent a lot of time there whilst my ships were I refit and maintenance periods. Had all summer there in 2009.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The In-laws live in Cornwall. It's been far too long.
    Cornwall, you mean? Perhaps part of it could be assigned to Devon.