+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Woodburn close to a full call up?

Ben Woodburn close to a full call up?

Liverpool teenager Ben Woodburn could join Wales' World Cup campaign against the Republic of Ireland next week - and end doubts over his international future.*
    Woodburn became the youngest scorer in Liverpool history - at the age of 17 years and 45 days - when he netted in the 2-0 EFL Cup victory over Leeds in November.*
    He is eligible to play for England but has been part of the Wales set up since he was 13. Wales assistant manager Osian Roberts said Woodburn is "knocking on the door".

It would be good to tie him up to the Welsh cause if he has got the potential that many seem to think he has.

Re: Ben Woodburn close to a full call up?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Liverpool teenager Ben Woodburn could join Wales' World Cup campaign against the Republic of Ireland next week - and end doubts over his international future.*
    Woodburn became the youngest scorer in Liverpool history - at the age of 17 years and 45 days - when he netted in the 2-0 EFL Cup victory over Leeds in November.*
    He is eligible to play for England but has been part of the Wales set up since he was 13. Wales assistant manager Osian Roberts said Woodburn is "knocking on the door".

It would be good to tie him up to the Welsh cause if he has got the potential that many seem to think he has.
    I would have him in the squad before church, but behind Robson-Kanu, Vokes and Lawrence for the starting/sub spots. Time in the squad will do him no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I would have him in the squad before church, but behind Robson-Kanu, Vokes and Lawrence for the starting/sub spots. Time in the squad will do him no harm.
    I follow a Liverpool fan on twitter who has been singing his praises for quite a while now.
    Though he doesn't think he has been taking his chances when given due to being played out of his preferred position when he gets on the pitch. He feels he's better than what he has shown so far in his brief career and can see his confidence taking a knock every time Klopp sticks him out wide.

Definitely time to get him in the squad and give him a couple of minutes.

He has got to be selected for this game. If I see David Cotterill in the s1uad before him next week i think I'll put my uead through the tv!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He has got to be selected for this game. If I see David Cotterill in the s1uad before him next week i think I'll put my uead through the tv!

He's better than Church so logic would dictate that Woodburn should be in

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    But neither will be relied on for the starting 11 and then after that you're looking at which helps the squad more by being taken to Ireland and which being in the squad helps more their individual international careers.

Definitely take him out there. He and Lawrence aren't allowed the back of the bus though

BUMP

Would never happen.