+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most Stunning place You Have Been To ?

Re: Most Stunning place You Have Been To ?

One of my favourite places I visited was Colorado Rockies the rivers and mountains were just magical I drove up to S.Dakota
    Mt Rushmore and into Deadwood where I went to the Rodeo and that was Brilliant.

Closer to home last summer I travelled to Puglia southern Italy no Starbucks or any of that bollox (maybe because of the mafia) just old traditional bars and restaurants.

Hilo in Hawaii standing on warm lava
    Whitsundays truly beautiful
    But flying into the Scillies takes my breath away on a sunny day

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Did you go there to see Ed Sheeran?

The top of my wife's legs...

Or, outdoors, the Canadian Rockies.

A boxing ring. (Thwack!) I was stunned

I've been to Krabi, stopped overnight before hopping over to the island of Phi Phi. My favourite island in Thailand is easily Koh Tao. Loved it there.

But my single favourite place is Gili T (Trawangan) off Lombok in Indonesia. Simply paradise.. and across the water you can see mount Rinjani poking out of the clouds. Me and a friend made a mistake of climbing this hungover with no gear (when we bought the package we were assured they would provide footwear and a stick etc) not realising this was an active volcano whose elevation is 3 times higher than Ben Nevis! You start climbing from a point higher than Ben Nevis. Quite an experience but wasn't sure we would make it at the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    The top of my wife's legs...

Or, outdoors, the Canadian Rockies.
    Quite a few people I know have been there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Fiji - awesomely beautiful and the friendliest people I've ever known
    Second to Llandudno

I'd have to say Kenya, not 1 particular part of the country but while we were there we climbed Mount Kenya, from the top of which you could see the sunrise over the Serengeti from 1 side and Kilimanjaro in the distance on the other side. Best dark skies I've ever seen to during the nights on the mountain, perfect view of the milky way.
    Safari on the Massai Mara also pretty special too.

West coast of Japan, Toyama, amazing view back over the mountains in winter.
    Kyushu island, also in Japan. Kagoshima volcano smoking away high over the city. Great hot springs.
    Whitsunday islands (Australia)
    Niagara Falls, if the tourists weren't there

Closer to home, Porto Santo (island off Madeira). The beach is absolutely stunning and relatively deserted.
    Rome + Pompeii for the history

Oh yeah. And Lille on a wet Saturday night in June 2016..

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Zanzibar.
    Don't know if I'd agree with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    West coast of Japan, Toyama, amazing view back over the mountains in winter.
    Kyushu island, also in Japan. Kagoshima volcano smoking away high over the city. Great hot springs.
    Whitsunday islands (Australia)
    Niagara Falls, if the tourists weren't there

Closer to home, Porto Santo (island off Madeira). The beach is absolutely stunning and relatively deserted.
    Rome + Pompeii for the history

Oh yeah. And Lille on a wet Saturday night in June 2016..
    All secondary to Llandudno

35 years as a seaman and 27 years of spending leave in South East Asia, I have been fortunate to have seen many places. South Georgia for pure Wow and wildness, Koh Samet (Thailand) and Grande Anse beach (Grenada) for beaches. New Zealand for partying and scenery. koh Samet in the 1980s was seriously laid back and unspoilt.
    Spedger

A slaughter house

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    No need to boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Moorea, French Polynesia
    To expand on this, the island is stunning, the beaches perfect. The cuisine a mixture of local and French, with wine imported from France. The coral reefs are as clear and teeming with fish as any I've been to. And the local women were absolutely stunning.
    I've been to Thailand, the Whitsundays and the Maldives and none of those come close for me, but then everyone's opinion is going to be different.

Guilin/Yangshou in southern China.

The karst mountains make it look like you're on another planet. Took a bamboo raft slowly down the Lijiang river which winds around the mountains. It's only an hour away from where I live, however, I've chosen this as the most stunning place I have visited purely on merit and not any bias because of its close proximity.

guilin_01_big.jpg

For me, the Pyrenees, south east of St. Sebastian, up in the middle of nowhere. Also, on the same road trip done in '93, I'd for go some of magnificent sights traveling through Aragon. Everyone should do a road trip through Spain from one coast to the other, at least once in their lives

Cook Islands.

Grand Canyon,
    Pacific Coast Highway,
    Barafundle Bay, Pendine Sands, Saundersfoot, Tenby,
    Hayle, Cornwall,
    Parts of Ibiza,
    Kenya

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    I'd have to say Kenya, not 1 particular part of the country but while we were there we climbed Mount Kenya, from the top of which you could see the sunrise over the Serengeti from 1 side and Kilimanjaro in the distance on the other side. Best dark skies I've ever seen to during the nights on the mountain, perfect view of the milky way.
    Safari on the Massai Mara also pretty special too.
    Just wondering have you ever had a dig from Rodney Trotter