+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Stunning place You Have Been To ?

Re: Most Stunning place You Have Been To ?

Belize, The arctic circle, Alaska. Yellowtsone Park.
    Last edited by Mad as a fish; 14-03-17 at 18:36.

I love Mwnt . The little church on the cliffs is magical.

Mwnt is lovely.
    Nearly always a bit too busy though.

This thread is dangerous! - a few new places I want to see now.

Llandudnobeats anywhere else in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Have to agree with Krabi, I was there about ten years ago, lovely place. In the same neck of the woods, Ha Long Bay in North Vietnam is breathtaking, atmospheric and when it's misty even a bit eerie.
    We did 'nam three years ago. Loved it for the history especially with the Americans. Thought Hanoi was fab and proper Vietnam, Da Nang great beach, bars etc, Hoi An .......Wow !! Saigon not overly impressed, although good to see the historical side and all the scooters. Didn't do Halong but will do one day. I want to do Nha Trang and Hue, but not before I go back to Krabi (The sea is warmer than the water I get left to shower with in the morning)

People we met raved about Bali, so that maybe a maybe !

Fiji - awesomely beautiful and the friendliest people I've ever known

Zanzibar.

Da Lat, Vietnam. Absolutely stunning place.
    The waterfalls were the most stunning thing I have ever seen.
    We only got to spend two nights there in January.
    It's a 40 minute flight from Saigon and an hell of a lot cooler than Saigon. The temperature was around 22C compared to 32C in Saigon.
    On the subject of Thailand it's a beautiful country. Been there 3 times in the past 3 years and loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I've just (today) returned from Krabi in Southern Thailand, not only my first visit to Krabi, but to Thailand as well. I consider myself quite well traveled and can say without doubt Krabi is the most jaw dropping place I have ever been. Anyone else been ?

Any places to rival it ? (apart from the obvious Grangetown, Barry, Newport etc)
    I've been to some nice places, but i'm most happy sitting on Charles Bridge in Prague watching the street (bridge musicians) in the sun.

I've just (today) returned from Krabi in Southern Thailand, not only my first visit to Krabi, but to Thailand as well. I consider myself quite well traveled and can say without doubt Krabi is the most jaw dropping place I have ever been. Anyone else been ?

Any places to rival it ? (apart from the obvious Grangetown, Barry, Newport etc)
    Whitsundays, Yosemite, Puerto Escondido Mexico, Cuba, Norway, South Island NZ, Hampi India, lake Toba Sumatra.....
    Wasn't so fussed in the islands in Thailand, only went east though, bit sleezey.....

We did 'nam three years ago. Loved it for the history especially with the Americans. Thought Hanoi was fab and proper Vietnam, Da Nang great beach, bars etc, Hoi An .......Wow !! Saigon not overly impressed, although good to see the historical side and all the scooters. Didn't do Halong but will do one day. I want to do Nha Trang and Hue, but not before I go back to Krabi (The sea is warmer than the water I get left to shower with in the morning)

People we met raved about Bali, so that maybe a maybe !
    Vietnam is a great country to explore isn't it. I did it South to North and I also preferred Hanoi to Saigon, albeit it was a bit of a shock as it was considerably colder after an overnight bus from Hue.

Another place I really enjoyed is Luang Prabang in Laos, lovely town to visit and a two or three day boat up the Mekong to the Thai border is a great experience. Plus I was there during Songkran so it was a bit nuts.

Kotor, is right up there on my bucket list, I have thought about flying to Dubrovnik and driving over ? As for Oz it is at the very top.
    The Balkans are spectacular, driven from Dubrovnik to Kotor several times, the drive round the inlet is rather good. Better still is the drive around Lake Skadar in Monenegro and Albania. And the spectacular drive up the coast north from Dubrovnik.

Ha Giang, northern Vietnam

Alternatively, sunset from the old french cannon fort on Cat Ba, in Lan Ha Bay is one of the best sunsets ive ever seen.

Or sunrise from Mount. Kinabulu
    Last edited by Namaste; 14-03-17 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    The Balkans are spectacular, driven from Dubrovnik to Kotor several times, the drive round the inlet is rather good. Better still is the drive around Lake Skadar in Monenegro and Albania. And the spectacular drive up the coast north from Dubrovnik.
    I've been planning to visit Dubrovnik for a while but not sure whether to take the kids or just me and er indoors. What's it like for young kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I've been planning to visit Dubrovnik for a while but not sure whether to take the kids or just me and er indoors. What's it like for young kids?
    not much in Dubrovnik for kids.

nice a few miles down the coast for a beach based holiday but Dubrovnik itself is a picturesque walled City with plenty of bars, shops and alleyways.

you tend to visit the city for a day or two, maybe on a boat trip from your resort (which is what we did). Beautiful place.

i'll dig out some pics

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    not much in Dubrovnik for kids.

nice a few miles down the coast for a beach based holiday but Dubrovnik itself is a picturesque walled City with plenty of bars, shops and alleyways.

you tend to visit the city for a day or two, maybe on a boat trip from your resort (which is what we did). Beautiful place.

i'll dig out some pics
    Sounds like a good plan

Travelled a fair bit but think the 'country' i've settled in, Catalunya does it for me. Costa Brava, Pirineus, Ebre. After that either The Gower and west wales coast as mentioned or Gwynedd (Tremadog Bay and the Snowdonia National Park). Nothing like home

Great Wall of China for me too. There is nothing that prepares you for the sheer size of it and seeing a wall of that size disappearing over the horizon in both directions. Literally jaw dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Great Wall of China for me too. There is nothing that prepares you for the sheer size of it and seeing a wall of that size disappearing over the horizon in both directions. Literally jaw dropping.
    The Don will build a bigger wall !!!!

As stated by a few others, the geological wonders of Arizona, New Mexico and Utah are mind-blowing.

Kotor, is right up there on my bucket list, I have thought about flying to Dubrovnik and driving over ? As for Oz it is at the very top.
    Has the centre of Kotor been rebuilt? It was cordoned off for many years after an earthquake in 1979.
    I got a terrific ear infection from swimming in the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As stated by a few others, the geological wonders of Arizona, New Mexico and Utah are mind-blowing.
    Would you be able to contribute to a "Places You Haven't Been To" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Would you be able to contribute to a "Places You Haven't Been To" thread?
    Much of Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Has the centre of Kotor been rebuilt? It was cordoned off for many years after an earthquake in 1979.
    I got a terrific ear infection from swimming in the bay.
    No need to boast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

I don't know what my answer would be, possibly Pelion region, Greece.
    Did you go there to see Ed Sheeran?