+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has anyone mentioned Leicester yet?

Has anyone mentioned Leicester yet?

Fantastic performance from Leicester City. I mean, they'll go no further but this was a fantastic performance.

Re: Has anyone mentioned Leicester yet?

I know the opposition in the quarters is pretty ominous but I really wouldn't bank on them going no further. Their confidence is really coming back now and it's a cup competition at the end of the day.

Great game. Goals, red card, saved penalty, drama, woodwork,

a bit of everything.

Watching them against Liverpool and then again last night. I just thought to myself you bunch of c****. Hung Ranieri out to dry. Look at the difference in performance levels with Vardy and Mahrez in both those games compared to the whole of this season, **** all to do with tactics it was sheer desire and commitment.

And as for the fans... pathetic. Reminded me of the sham that was us getting promoted in red... funny how a bit of success can compromise so many. How long until the wheels fall off and their calling for their new coach's head? I'll give it until Christmas time next year..

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    Watching them against Liverpool and then again last night. I just thought to myself you bunch of c****. Hung Ranieri out to dry. Look at the difference in performance levels with Vardy and Mahrez in both those games compared to the whole of this season, **** all to do with tactics it was sheer desire and commitment.

And as for the fans... pathetic. Reminded me of the sham that was us getting promoted in red... funny how a bit of success can compromise so many. How long until the wheels fall off and their calling for their new coach's head? I'll give it until Christmas time next year..
    Agree with all of that.
    I don't want them to get smashed 5 or 6-0 in the quarters. I much prefer they have 2 tight games and end up going out on penalties.
    That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

a bit of everything.
    And diving but great entertainment. I actually wanted Seville to score for the extra time, rare as i struggle more and more to watch a full game these days when i don't have a dog in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post

What do you want the fans to do? Their first and probably last ever champions league last 16 appearance and they've won to go into the 1/4 finals. Do you want them to not enjoy it? People take football far too seriously.

People are ignoring the fact that Ranieri was tactically terrible all season too, yes the players are also culpable but that happens at every club in the world and the manager is always the one who gets the boot.

It's sad Ranieri was sacked but the mawkish outrage has been unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What do you want the fans to do? Their first and probably last ever champions league last 16 appearance and they've won to go into the 1/4 finals. Do you want them to not enjoy it? People take football far too seriously.

People are ignoring the fact that Ranieri was tactically terrible all season too, yes the players are also culpable but that happens at every club in the world and the manager is always the one who gets the boot.

I suppose to both of your points I'm falling more and more out of love with football as melodramatic as that sounds. And perhaps you're right maybe I am taking it too seriously, but when the fans are there enjoying that night, after the club they support has sacked a manager who first of all got them into the champions league and then into the last 32, even managed the first leg, it doesn't sit right with me.

Same goes to your second point, just because it's indicative to the rest of the footballing world, does that make sacking the manager, due to underperforming players who can't be arsed to run, make it okay to do so? Before it would be the prerogative of the players to turn around a slump, not fancy new formations.

We don't know what happened inside the club.

And no I won't be crying into my cornflakes at the plight of a football manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

a bit of everything.
    Indeed, inferring someone had headed you in the face when you have hardly been touched is indeed drama. Got Nasri a red card, result .
    Thats all that matters in football getting results. No matter how you achieve them.

I hope Leicester and there happy fans with their clackers get relegated.

Claudio who?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    We don't know what happened inside the club.

And no I won't be crying into my cornflakes at the plight of a football manager.
    Apparently it's come out that Ranieri had marginalised the input Shakespeare was having since the start of the season so there seems there was some logic in the under performing and change since the sacking.

Leicester were going to get relegated now they aren't and are playing much better stuff. How long should they have been loyal to Ranieri? Until they were relegated, until they were mid table in the league below?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Indeed, inferring someone had headed you in the face when you have hardly been touched is indeed drama. Got Nasri a red card, result .
    Thats all that matters in football getting results. No matter how you achieve them.

I hope Leicester and there happy fans with their clackers get relegated.

Claudio who?
    Barca dived for 2 pens in their match last week, It doesn't stop it being an entertaining match.

Barca dived for 2 pens in their match last week, It doesn't stop it being an entertaining match.
    Nope but it encourages cheating . When will we say enough cheating is enough?

Probably just after Joe Jordan wins himself a penalty

For me, much as I enjoyed Leicester winning, the experience was soured by the players obviously not playing for Ranieri and Vardy's weasel-like antics - deliberately over-reacting to merely touching heads to get a guy sent off. For the neutral, it tarnished their performance.

Confidence can be king in football and the boost that playing well in the away leg (pundits asked if Leicester were on their way back before ranieri left) then Liverpool copying man city in playing a high line with weak defenders and suddenly Leicester are rocking again.

I would also point to Di Matteo at Chelsea who won the championship league by reverting back to type and making sure the dressing room was a happier place. We don't know the behind the scenes goings on but the stability of last season in team selection had definitely gone.

It's not the same as our time in red as that was a direct attack on the very club itself rather than dismissing a manager.

Unless playing Man City again this is almost definitely as far as they get. You're talking about the 6 best teams in Europe and surely won't make the mistakes a naïve Seville made.

Nasri squared up to Vardy and moved his head towards Vardy's before the Leicester man made the most of it. It wasn't in the same league as Saurez diving for a penalty.

I forgot the game was on ,stunned when I saw the result this morning , they beat quality opposition

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Nasri squared up to Vardy and moved his head towards Vardy's before the Leicester man made the most of it. It wasn't in the same league as Saurez diving for a penalty.
    Perhaps he should get a BAFTA? He looks like a weasly type chap, he IS a weasly type Kuntasauraus.

Had Ranieri finished 14th last season, he would probably still be in a job, he's been a victim of his own success