+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: An Independent Wales?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: An Independent Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yes. Or leave the union.
    In a nutshell. Continue to be England's shit stain or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In a nutshell. Continue to be England's shit stain or not.
    Do you think that the SW part of England (i.e. west of Bath) with a similar size population has any greater say?
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 15-03-17 at 21:54.

The argument of "Wales would fail if it become independent" never ceases to amaze me seeing as its been failing for years and has been continually let down by UK governments

The fact that the poorest parts of Wales qualify for EU funding is a damning indictment on Westminster's inability to govern anywhere outside the south of England, we deserve better than this and I can't think of anyone better placed to do what's best for the Welsh than the Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The argument of "Wales would fail if it become independent" never ceases to amaze me seeing as its been failing for years and has been continually let down by UK governments

The fact that the poorest parts of Wales qualify for EU funding is a damning indictment on Westminster's inability to govern anywhere outside the south of England, we deserve better than this and I can't think of anyone better placed to do what's best for the Welsh than the Welsh
    Nicely said.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

This.

Do you think that the SW part of England (i.e. west of Bath) with a similar size population has any greater say?
    This argument only applies if you believe the outh West to be a potential country in its own right and not part of England.

They are represented by ENGLAND with which they identify.

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    This argument only applies if you believe the outh West to be a potential country in its own right and not part of England.

They are represented by ENGLAND with which they identify.
    Wales is not an independent state though, is it? Politically, it is just a region of the UK and probably doesn't have any more autonomy that than parts of Spain or Germany. It could be argued that Wales is only a country in sporting terms (Olympics excepted).

Wales is not an independent state though, is it? Politically, it is just a region of the UK and probably doesn't have any more autonomy that than parts of Spain or Germany. It could be argued that Wales is only a country in sporting terms (Olympics excepted).
    Lol part of Spain and Germany have way more autonomy than Wales. We arguably have the worse devolution settlement in the world

Independence as soon as possible please for Wales

The clue to my answer is that you're comparing a part of England with a different country. You're happy with the idea that England rules the roost and if other countries don't like it, they can fck themselves. I don't agree with that.