Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
I would love to wholly agree. But I cant see how we would prosper. Our geography is virtually impossible, our transport infrastructure is dreadful - like Scotland perhaps, but unlike Scotland we have very little by way of 21st Century natural resources.
Energy is the 21st century resource, we have the capacity to create so much renewable energy it's mad. An independence wales could, for example, have built the swansea lagoon years ago. Our coastline is so long, there are almost endless possibilities for tidal energy.
We also export hundreds of millions of litres of water. There's serious money to be made from that too.
Transport infrastructure is awful I agree, it needs to be bettered. Currently, the UK government are taking their time to electrify the western line (without even thinking about the valleys line). Birmingham had electric rail lines 100 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
Sadly, I don't think that Wales have any identity anywhere near as strong as Scotland and Ireland on the world stage. Not that things can't ever change, of course.
That's correct. So bad is our image, the film about Gareth Thomas has made him out to be irish! I'd recommend listening to this podcast, it's about the Welsh image in film across the world.