+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Independent Wales?

An Independent Wales?

Yes please and it cant come soon enough after Scotland do the right thing It's only the royal worshipping 'we won't manage' brigade standing in its way. ASAP please!!!!

It's time for change and for Wales to release itself from Westminster for good

Re: An Independent Wales?

no

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    no
    It'll happen and sooner than you dinosaurs think Newer generations won't put up with it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    It'll happen and sooner than you dinosaurs think Newer generations won't put up with it anymore
    Youngsters of today like england more and more. That is a fact.

I've spent more time in england than north, west or east wales.

The only time I hear real anti english hatred is those sad old people that sit at the bar all day every day.

+ Wales would be bankrupt within a month of independence. But I doubt you'd care about that.

If we do become independent, the first thing we should do is drain the Tryweryn Valley and resurrect the town, firstly as a symbolic gesture of independence and secondly as a reminder for future generations of the sort of liberties that were taken against the people of our nation, the original, true Britons.

Cymru am byth!

The only time I hear real anti english hatred is those sad old people that sit at the bar all day every day.
    Why is it a prerequisite to "hate" England to want independence from them?

Newer generations couldn't give a shit.

Too busy with facebook and Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Newer generations couldn't give a shit.

Too busy with facebook and Xbox.
    You're not wrong there. I feel like smashing all my lads gadgets to a trillion ****ing bits

It is telling that supposedly we are being ruled by complete tyrants, then that flooded town is always dragged up.

Of travesties against the human race in the past 60-70 years that'll be around the bottom.

Presumably, England will be wealthier if Scotland and Wales become independent. Not that the latter will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You're not wrong there. I feel like smashing all my lads gadgets to a trillion ****ing bits
    It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Probably because mine have both moved out.

Genuine question (I've googled this but can't find anything) - how is Iceland independent and seemingly managing okay? Is it just about fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Genuine question (I've googled this but can't find anything) - how is Iceland independent and seemingly managing okay? Is it just about fish?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Iceland

Yes please and it cant come soon enough after Scotland do the right thing It's only the royal worshipping 'we won't manage' brigade standing in its way. ASAP please!!!!

It's time for change and for Wales to release itself from Westminster for good
    We haven't got one decent politician in Wales so who would govern us if we did have independence, not that we would ever vote in favour of it.
    I hope Scotland go as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Thanks.

+ Wales would be bankrupt within a month of independence. But I doubt you'd care about that.
    As one of the sad old people you pontificate about NO to Independence.I suppose I should ignore generalisations like yours which are so often devoid of any credibility.

Here's Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    As one of the sad old people you pontificate about NO to Independence.I suppose I should ignore generalisations like yours which are so often devoid of any credibility.
    When did I said all old people have that opinion?.

It is a fact older generations carry the myth than England are against Wales more than any.

Maybe when they stop ingraining it in their childrens heads we can move on and improve.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Good question. Think their government took back control of their central banking system? I might be wrong. Sometimes the public narrative on who controls the banks is contrary to the real situation. If you wiki the Bank of England, apparently the UK government took back control in the 50's from private ownership (total bollox). The BoE as well as the Federal Reserve in the US is in private hands.

Unfortunately Wales doesn't have the resources to go solo as Scotland has. We've been kept very dependant on the Barnett formula which is why I never give stories of massive renewable energy projects much credence. Even if infrastructure projects like that happened, the investment would be from outside Wales so the only we could hope for would be lots of jobs, not the beginnings of a self sufficient economic systems.

No its not, younger people today are more nationalist than the older generations

The idea of money has always been used as a tool for enslavement, and after all it is only an idea.

When did I said all old people have that opinion?.

It is a fact older generations carry the myth than England are against Wales more than any.

Maybe when they stop ingraining it in their childrens heads we can move on and improve.
    Another claim that you cannot substantiate-fact? Who says? Your opinion maybe and maybe it is!! Fact it is not.

The English will never allow it. They need Wales and its industrial might, not to mention our water. Also, the capital should be moved to somewhere like Carmarthen, or Blaenau Ffestiniog. Cardiff is way too cosmopolitan..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The English will never allow it. They need Wales and its industrial might, not to mention our water. Also, the capital should be moved to somewhere like Carmarthen, or Blaenau Ffestiniog. Cardiff is way too cosmopolitan..
    Industrial might ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The benefit of the 'industrial might' is probably outweighed by the overall subsidy received by Wales.