+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Re: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    You failed to mention TVs with curved screens in your list of must-haves. I was called a peasant on this MB for having the temerity to question why anyone would want to have a TV which cost £1000+ and can only be viewed when sitting directly in front of it.
    They looked great (from one angle), and an obvious fad. When people buy this stuff, do they check it out from all angles, or just quickly buy it to show-off? What a mistaka to maka

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You are aware of the reasons that 3pm Saturday games are not broadcast in the UK? And you do understand the intricacies of broadcast rights?
    yes what of it? nobody loses out by watching 3pm games because the option to pay for thm is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    yes what of it? nobody loses out by watching 3pm games because the option to pay for thm is not there.
    Well, I lose out. I am a season ticket holder but I can't make any home games that aren't played at 3.00pm on a Saturday afternoon. Not always down to SKY whilst we are in the Championship of course, but if we ever get back to the Premiership then the "SKY effect" would be massive.

Well, I lose out. I am a season ticket holder but I can't make any home games that aren't played at 3.00pm on a Saturday afternoon. Not always down to SKY whilst we are in the Championship of course, but if we ever get back to the Premiership then the "SKY effect" would be massive.
    you dont lose out one bit by me watching 3pm games on a foreign channel. how exacly are you out of pocket? explain that one to me.

You'll have to wait for a reply mate, Kris is currently at church, feeding the homeless or helping little old ladies across the road.

you dont lose out one bit by me watching 3pm games on a foreign channel. how exacly are you out of pocket? explain that one to me.
    You've missed my point - my "rant" is about SKY TV. I lose out because I have paid £400 for a season ticket to watch 20+ games a season. If there was no SKY Sports channel there'd be nothing for you to stream in the first place and I'd effectively not lose a proportion of the money I've paid out for my ST because I would be able to get to go to all City's home games.

You've missed my point - my "rant" is about SKY TV. I lose out because I have paid £400 for a season ticket to watch 20+ games a season. If there was no SKY Sports channel there'd be nothing for you to stream in the first place and I'd effectively not lose a proportion of the money I've paid out for my ST because I would be able to get to go to all City's home games.
    wow. i'm a guy who shoots above his weight in the intelligent departmnt but you sir have lost me. put the glue down bro.

wow. i'm a guy who shoots above his weight in the intelligent departmnt but you sir have lost me. put the glue down bro.
    Sorry you can't follow my meaning. Intelligence? Uhm, at least I can spell and punctuate correctly.

Sorry you can't follow my meaning. Intelligence? Uhm, at least I can spell and punctuate correctly.
    you should try and be sensable. i will ask again - how does my watching 3pm games on foregn stations leave you out of pocket?

you say that if there was no sky sports then there would be nothing for me to stream? well the whole point is that sky sports dont show any 3pm games big man. so it is nothing to do with sky sports and i dont stream sky for that reason.

They MUST have holidays abroad, and they are entitled to take their kids out of school just to have them. Sod their education and that of their peers as the teachers play catch up.
    nice to have you back, wondered what name you were posting under

So, a game between Aberdeen and Rangers that can be viewed via a stream won't result in at least one person deciding to sit at home to watch the stream for free instead of paying £20 for a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    You'll have to wait for a reply mate, Kris is currently at church, feeding the homeless or helping little old ladies across the road.

My sincerest apologies. My sister suffered a suspected mini-stroke this morning so I had other priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    nice to have you back, wondered what name you were posting under
    A few people think I am a jugger. It's news to me.

You failed to mention TVs with curved screens in your list of must-haves. I was called a peasant on this MB for having the temerity to question why anyone would want to have a TV which cost £1000+ and can only be viewed when sitting directly in front of it.
    ^^^ This.

But I believe they are being phased out

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    ^^^ This.

Not before they've fleeced some mugs, er, technophobes, er, fashionistas, er sorry, customers.

Nonsense. I have no intention of buying a bottle of rum when I go shopping. I like rum, I can steal it because I like it and it's not theft because I would not buy the product?
    Copyright infringement is sometimes referred to as 'theft' but it's not really the best terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    ^^^ This.

The people who have curved screens, you mean?

If anyone is bored here is a stream for brentford bristol city: http://www.nbatv.ml/2017/04/brentfor...stol-city.html