+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Re: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

VPN mutha fukkerrrrrr.

How can someone justify the cost - e.g a regular football fan watches a couple of games on the weekend and the odd Champions League or cup game when that's on.

Sky Sports - £27.50
    BT Sport - £22.99

= £50.49 per month to watch around 10-12 live football matches. That's £605 per year to watch 120-144 matches. Around a quarter where you will be at the pub or similar anyway.

No thank you. 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    How can someone justify the cost - e.g a regular football fan watches a couple of games on the weekend and the odd Champions League or cup game when that's on.

Sky Sports - £27.50
    BT Sport - £22.99

= £50.49 per month to watch around 10-12 live football matches. That's £605 per year to watch 120-144 matches. Around a quarter where you will be at the pub or similar anyway.

No thank you. ����
    The issue is that people happily pay it, you hear people saying, i could spend £500 on a season ticket to watch 23 matches a season or i could pay £600 and watch 150, and that would be the top matches around Europe.

People in this country consume football on TV, they pay a premium for it, and SKY and BT then pay forever increasing sums, for coverage.

People complain that fans who attend are treated badly, however we created a system where the person at home paying his subscription is more important than the fan that attends. We are getting the treatment that football fans in the UK demand.

You shouldnt worry, the Merthyr games will still be streamed through an Italian satellite.

Sky Sports - £27.50
    BT Sport - £22.99

No thank you. 👍🏻
    How much does it cost to watch Cardiff over 46 games a season? I remember paying a total of £200 to watch the semi final and final of the FA Cup at Wembley. If I had my two kids at the time, it would have cost me about £500 in tickets alone (not to mention being forced to get a season ticket early).

A dad and his two sons getting to watch 2 games every weekend for £7 a week ? Show me a top level club that offers anything better than that deal.

Yes, you can watch it in the pub- that would be fantastic because too many pubs are closing down.
    Last edited by Kris; 15-03-17 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You shouldnt worry, the Merthyr games will still be streamed through an Italian satellite.
    I pay for everything I watch. Stealing is never right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    How much does it cost to watch Cardiff over 46 games a season? I remember paying a total of £200 to watch the semi final and final of the FA Cup at Wembley. If I had my two kids at the time, it would have cost me about £500 in tickets alone (not to mention being forced to get a season ticket early).

A dad and his two sons getting to watch 2 games every weekend for £7 a week ? Show me a top level club that offers anything better than that deal.

Yes, you can watch it in the pub- that would be fantastic because too many pubs are closing down.
    Actually both Liverpool and Hull offer adult tickets for selected games from £9. There is no comparison with watching a football match at the ground and from the sofa. The price of football in this country is wrecked, but to justify £50 a month to watch a few football games on the tele is excessive (if you are the average working man that is).

Actually both Liverpool and Hull offer adult tickets for selected games from £9. There is no comparison with watching a football match at the ground and from the sofa. The price of football in this country is wrecked, but to justify £50 a month to watch a few football games on the tele is excessive (if you are the average working man that is).
    I agree, nothing beats being in the stadium. But, attending is very expensive especially with kids. An average working man can pay 40 quid to watch a Championship game with his kids. One game. Or, for £50 he can access a match most nights from the English leagues, Spanish Leagues, German leagues, World Cup etc.

You're asking how can BT and Sky justify charging £22 and £28 a month. How can Ipswich justify charging £30 for a single ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You're asking how can BT and Sky justify charging £22 and £28 a month. How can Ipswich justify charging £30 for a single ticket?
    They can't really justify it. Probably part of the reasons why they only have a half full stadium every week.

My biggest issue with these Kodi boxes is that if we all did it then there would be nothing to illegally stream. With films for example, if law abiding citizzens didn't pay to watch films on tv or in the cinema then people wouldn't be making films. So it's all well and good for a minority of people using these boxes to say the production companies are still making millions but why should some people get to enjoy these things free of charge while others are funding the prouction of them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    My biggest issue with these Kodi boxes is that if we all did it then there would be nothing to illegally stream. With films for example, if law abiding citizzens didn't pay to watch films on tv or in the cinema then people wouldn't be making films. So it's all well and good for a minority of people using these boxes to say the production companies are still making millions but why should some people get to enjoy these things free of charge while others are funding the prouction of them in the first place?
    Hadn't thought of that. I'm with Kriz now.

Some games that you would otherwise have to pay for are shown free on German free-to-air satellite channels.
    Just wang up a satellite dish, buy a cheap receiver and Bob's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some games that you would otherwise have to pay for are shown free on German free-to-air satellite channels.
    Just wang up a satellite dish, buy a cheap receiver and Bob's your uncle.
    Subhuman scum.

Does anyone still religiously watch football on the telly? I binned Sky years ago because I didn't watch every game and couldn't justify it, I don't miss it at all, had the Chelsea/Man U game on the other night but didn't give it my undivided attention. I don't feel I'm missing out at all, perhaps it's an age thing where we were only used to the odd game every now and then. Watch the City home & away is enough for me, more than enough sometimes!

the tv companies have dictated what is happening in football and have done for years , there stranglehold as just got tighter as the years have gone by , but while ever people pay into it and subscribe nothing will change . i along with many others long for the days when everybody kicked off at 3,oclock on a saturday afternoon, when the fa cup was not treated like meaningless second rate competition .

when fans could afford to go every week , without having to take out a second mortgage to buy a season ticket , when grounds had proper atmostpheres and not like funeral parlours like most have become , when players did not earn monopoly money before they could shave properly and can retire well before there career is finished . when a managers aim with a club was to try and win a trophy instead of trying to survive in the premier league because of the money lost if they dropped down a division the list is endless.

but of course this is never going to happen , because sky tv and the rest have turned the game around to suit themselves , and if you do not like it you can always switch off , the problem is the country as too many fans who will put up with anything providing they can watch their team live at the game and pay through the nose for the priveledge, or sit at home or in the pub and line the television companies pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the tv companies have dictated what is happening in football and have done for years , there stranglehold as just got tighter as the years have gone by , but while ever people pay into it and subscribe nothing will change . i along with many others long for the days when Leeds were famous and actually won matches, when the fa cup was not treated like meaningless second rate competition .
    Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Subhuman scum.
    You are too kind.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, there'll always be those one step ahead and will circumvent any blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does anyone still religiously watch football on the telly? I binned Sky years ago because I didn't watch every game and couldn't justify it, I don't miss it at all, had the Chelsea/Man U game on the other night but didn't give it my undivided attention. I don't feel I'm missing out at all, perhaps it's an age thing where we were only used to the odd game every now and then. Watch the City home & away is enough for me, more than enough sometimes!
    Perhaps rugby is more your thing?

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the tv companies have dictated what is happening in football and have done for years , there stranglehold as just got tighter as the years have gone by , but while ever people pay into it and subscribe nothing will change . i along with many others long for the days when everybody kicked off at 3,oclock on a saturday afternoon, when the fa cup was not treated like meaningless second rate competition .

when fans could afford to go every week , without having to take out a second mortgage to buy a season ticket , when grounds had proper atmostpheres and not like funeral parlours like most have become , when players did not earn monopoly money before they could shave properly and can retire well before there career is finished . when a managers aim with a club was to try and win a trophy instead of trying to survive in the premier league because of the money lost if they dropped down a division the list is endless.

but of course this is never going to happen , because sky tv and the rest have turned the game around to suit themselves , and if you do not like it you can always switch off , the problem is the country as too many fans who will put up with anything providing they can watch their team live at the game and pay through the nose for the priveledge, or sit at home or in the pub and line the television companies pockets.
    Why is this imbecile still allowed to post on our board?

Care in the community?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Another way I look at it, if you were in a shop would you walk out with some items without paying for them? If not, but you saw some other people doing it, would you then do it? If not, why do you do it with TV? Is it because you're at home, and you've somehow justified theft because there isn't a physical product, or that the product is being stolen from the comfort of your armchair.

If that is the reason, would you fiddle your gas/electric meters? Why is it ok to steal TV, but not ok to steal electric, gas, or water?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Bless.
    you dont even go to games most of the time ya muppet

i bet you long for the days when you were not chained to the kitchen sink.

why are you allowed to post on this board eh , apart from calling for people to be banned your like lecter a sad case . if people dont agree with walling tossers like you up in scotland . then dont get upset ok .