+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Re: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

is that the same blocking that they do with torrents ? ? ?

just checking ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does anyone still religiously watch football on the telly? I binned Sky years ago because I didn't watch every game and couldn't justify it, I don't miss it at all, had the Chelsea/Man U game on the other night but didn't give it my undivided attention. I don't feel I'm missing out at all, perhaps it's an age thing where we were only used to the odd game every now and then. Watch the City home & away is enough for me, more than enough sometimes!
    I think we are around the same age, so maybe it is a factor, but I'm with you on this. I think I'm "footballed out" when it comes to the game on television - there have been three high profile games on over the past three nights and I've not watched more than twenty minutes of any of them because none of them kept my attention. It's the same with any evening game shown live on TV unless City or Wales are playing - I'll watch more of some than others, but I never watch the full ninety minutes of any of them.

I still love football, but not the way it's televised, there's far too much of it for me. Hopefully, packing in Sky will see me enjoying what televised football I get to watch as much as I used to in the days before Murdoch turned it into the routine event that it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Another way I look at it, if you were in a shop would you walk out with some items without paying for them? If not, but you saw some other people doing it, would you then do it? If not, why do you do it with TV? Is it because you're at home, and you've somehow justified theft because there isn't a physical product, or that the product is being stolen from the comfort of your armchair.

If that is the reason, would you fiddle your gas/electric meters? Why is it ok to steal TV, but not ok to steal electric, gas, or water?
    ^^^This.

Another way I look at it, if you were in a shop would you walk out with some items without paying for them? If not, but you saw some other people doing it, would you then do it? If not, why do you do it with TV? Is it because you're at home, and you've somehow justified theft because there isn't a physical product, or that the product is being stolen from the comfort of your armchair.

If that is the reason, would you fiddle your gas/electric meters? Why is it ok to steal TV, but not ok to steal electric, gas, or water?
    shit analogy! It's not stealing, if i take something from a shop it isn't there anymore. However sharing a movie its still available, nobody is missing out. And if revenue streams start to dry up as people stop going to the cinema then these chancers might start thinking about making something good rather than the continuous garbage they put out just for the sake of it to rip people off and make vast amounts of money in the process!
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 16-03-17 at 08:41.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    shit analogy! It's not stealing, if i take something from a shop it isn't there anymore. However sharing a movie its still available, nobody is missing out. And if revenue streams start to dry up as people stop going to the cinema then these chancers might start thinking about making something good rather than the continuous garbage they put out just for the sake of it to rip people off and make vast amounts of money in the process!
    You're deluded mate. It's stealing, end off.

Do people still climb over walls to watch a football match?
    (not us in Cardiff, obviously )

The analogy stands in my opinion. The ability for the producers, distributors and vendors to make a profit is still damaged with each illegal download or stream. The propensity to sell that product to a third party is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    The analogy stands in my opinion. The ability for the producers, distributors and vendors to make a profit is still damaged with each illegal download or stream. The propensity to sell that product to a third party is gone.
    Not really as those that watch football or movies would not buy the product, so there was no market originally. Plus that arguments doesn't stand up as movie, music and football are turning record profits year on year despite the ease in which you can watch, and cinema visiting figures have been on the rise since the 80's.

Richyrich

I give sky £850 (was £1200 till discount) a year and that isn't even with sports or movies so I lose no sleep about streaming.

What does this revenue do anyhow? Seems like it makes mediocre footballers and actors multi-millionaires as far as I can see.

It IS stealing.

Stealing - a person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

Property includes intangible property. In the eyes of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    I give sky £850 (was £1200 till discount) a year .

I give sky £850 (was £1200 till discount) a year and that isn't even with sports or movies so I lose no sleep about streaming.

What does this revenue do anyhow? Seems like it makes mediocre footballers and actors multi-millionaires as far as I can see.
    Why does the effect of the revenue justify streaming? Do you try to watch Cardiff for nothing because Noone is earning too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I pay £600 a year with movies and sport and HD. He must be paying for broadband too?

I spend £80 a week at Tesco, using his logic I should steal a loaf of bread every week and lose no sleep because they are getting £4K a year from me!

Not really as those that watch football or movies would not buy the product, so there was no market originally. Plus that arguments doesn't stand up as movie, music and football are turning record profits year on year despite the ease in which you can watch, and cinema visiting figures have been on the rise since the 80's.
    Nonsense. I have no intention of buying a bottle of rum when I go shopping. I like rum, I can steal it because I like it and it's not theft because I would not buy the product?

Richyrich

That is for unlimited broadband and multiroom as well.

Richyrich

It IS stealing.

Stealing - a person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

Streaming deprives no one of anything.

If everyone streamed, Sky would have to lower their prices, then they would pay less to the Premier league and shite footballers would not be raking it in.

Really. Like people who make a claim on their car insurance for whiplash injury has no effect on me? You can justify it to yourself maybe but it's still stealing my friend. Just like taking a few envelopes or a pen from your place of work. But everybody does it.... so what?

It IS stealing.

But you're not permanently depriving anyone else of it??

**** sky and BT. They're the robbing bastards. Your not making them poor by streaming a few games, it more like lending

Richyrich

Look at this story to see how far removed those in the game are getting from the normal fan.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39284369

Mourinho's a ****.

Richyrich

Really. Like people who make a claim on their car insurance for whiplash injury has no effect on me? You can justify it to yourself maybe but it's still stealing my friend. Just like taking a few envelopes or a pen from your place of work. But everybody does it.... so what?
    Do you honestly believe Sky would lower their prices if everyone who streamed suddenly joined Sky and got sports?

It would just justify what they are charging and they would probably hike their prices to see how far they could milk it. The Premier League would then want more money and garbage footballers would get another couple of mill on their already obscene wages.

Look at this story to see how far removed those in the game are getting from the normal fan.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39284369

Mourinho's a ****.
    Incredible isn't it - has there ever been a worse most expensive player in the world than Pogba? I doubt it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Incredible isn't it - has there ever been a worse most expensive player in the world than Pogba? I doubt it very much.
    Stick him in a midfield with some "heavy lifters" like kante and you'd see a different player.

Again, another shit analogy, not relevant! You think it's theft, but many US courts will disagree (Dowling v. United States), theft is a pejorative. I am not hear to change your mind, just correct your assumption and analogy that it is theft.

Slightly off topic.
    I haven't got Sky Sports or BT Sport, but my daughter does subscribe to both. I pay my daughter £10 a month towards her bill and in return I get her password to Sky Go and BT Sport.
    My question is, are we breaking the law???