+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

the tv companies have dictated what is happening in football and have done for years , there stranglehold as just got tighter as the years have gone by , but while ever people pay into it and subscribe nothing will change . i along with many others long for the days when everybody kicked off at 3,oclock on a saturday afternoon, when the fa cup was not treated like meaningless second rate competition .

when fans could afford to go every week , without having to take out a second mortgage to buy a season ticket , when grounds had proper atmostpheres and not like funeral parlours like most have become , when players did not earn monopoly money before they could shave properly and can retire well before there career is finished . when a managers aim with a club was to try and win a trophy instead of trying to survive in the premier league because of the money lost if they dropped down a division the list is endless.

but of course this is never going to happen , because sky tv and the rest have turned the game around to suit themselves , and if you do not like it you can always switch off , the problem is the country as too many fans who will put up with anything providing they can watch their team live at the game and pay through the nose for the priveledge, or sit at home or in the pub and line the television companies pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the tv companies have dictated what is happening in football and have done for years , there stranglehold as just got tighter as the years have gone by , but while ever people pay into it and subscribe nothing will change . i along with many others long for the days when Leeds were famous and actually won matches, when the fa cup was not treated like meaningless second rate competition .
    Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Bless.
    you dont even go to games most of the time ya muppet

i bet you long for the days when you were not chained to the kitchen sink.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the tv companies have dictated what is happening in football and have done for years , there stranglehold as just got tighter as the years have gone by , but while ever people pay into it and subscribe nothing will change . i along with many others long for the days when everybody kicked off at 3,oclock on a saturday afternoon, when the fa cup was not treated like meaningless second rate competition .

when fans could afford to go every week , without having to take out a second mortgage to buy a season ticket , when grounds had proper atmostpheres and not like funeral parlours like most have become , when players did not earn monopoly money before they could shave properly and can retire well before there career is finished . when a managers aim with a club was to try and win a trophy instead of trying to survive in the premier league because of the money lost if they dropped down a division the list is endless.

but of course this is never going to happen , because sky tv and the rest have turned the game around to suit themselves , and if you do not like it you can always switch off , the problem is the country as too many fans who will put up with anything providing they can watch their team live at the game and pay through the nose for the priveledge, or sit at home or in the pub and line the television companies pockets.
    Why is this imbecile still allowed to post on our board?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Care in the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    why are you allowed to post on this board eh , apart from calling for people to be banned your like lecter a sad case . if people dont agree with walling tossers like you up in scotland . then dont get upset ok .

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does anyone still religiously watch football on the telly? I binned Sky years ago because I didn't watch every game and couldn't justify it, I don't miss it at all, had the Chelsea/Man U game on the other night but didn't give it my undivided attention. I don't feel I'm missing out at all, perhaps it's an age thing where we were only used to the odd game every now and then. Watch the City home & away is enough for me, more than enough sometimes!
    Perhaps rugby is more your thing?

I'm partial to a bit of 'Yoggy, Yoggy, Yoggy, oi, oi, oi!!!', very therapeutic!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Does anyone still religiously watch football on the telly? I binned Sky years ago because I didn't watch every game and couldn't justify it, I don't miss it at all, had the Chelsea/Man U game on the other night but didn't give it my undivided attention. I don't feel I'm missing out at all, perhaps it's an age thing where we were only used to the odd game every now and then. Watch the City home & away is enough for me, more than enough sometimes!
    I think we are around the same age, so maybe it is a factor, but I'm with you on this. I think I'm "footballed out" when it comes to the game on television - there have been three high profile games on over the past three nights and I've not watched more than twenty minutes of any of them because none of them kept my attention. It's the same with any evening game shown live on TV unless City or Wales are playing - I'll watch more of some than others, but I never watch the full ninety minutes of any of them.

I still love football, but not the way it's televised, there's far too much of it for me. Hopefully, packing in Sky will see me enjoying what televised football I get to watch as much as I used to in the days before Murdoch turned it into the routine event that it is now.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs, there'll always be those one step ahead and will circumvent any blocks.

is that the same blocking that they do with torrents ? ? ?

just checking ? ? ?

Do people still climb over walls to watch a football match?
    (not us in Cardiff, obviously )

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    shit analogy! It's not stealing, if i take something from a shop it isn't there anymore. However sharing a movie its still available, nobody is missing out. And if revenue streams start to dry up as people stop going to the cinema then these chancers might start thinking about making something good rather than the continuous garbage they put out just for the sake of it to rip people off and make vast amounts of money in the process!
    It IS stealing.

Stealing - a person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

Property includes intangible property. In the eyes of the law.

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It IS stealing.

Stealing - a person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

Property includes intangible property. In the eyes of the law.
    Streaming deprives no one of anything.

If everyone streamed, Sky would have to lower their prices, then they would pay less to the Premier league and shite footballers would not be raking it in.

Richyrich

Look at this story to see how far removed those in the game are getting from the normal fan.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39284369

Mourinho's a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Look at this story to see how far removed those in the game are getting from the normal fan.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39284369

Mourinho's a ****.
    Incredible isn't it - has there ever been a worse most expensive player in the world than Pogba? I doubt it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Incredible isn't it - has there ever been a worse most expensive player in the world than Pogba? I doubt it very much.
    Stick him in a midfield with some "heavy lifters" like kante and you'd see a different player.

Streaming deprives no one of anything.

If everyone streamed, Sky would have to lower their prices, then they would pay less to the Premier league and shite footballers would not be raking it in.
    So, you reckon that if Sky lowered their prices then everybody would stop streaming and start subscribing?

There are people out there streaming stuff from Netflix, and Netflix costs £5.99 a month.

Sky Sports is currently costing me £12 a month. £3 a week.

Further, you claim it deprives no-one of anything. It's depriving Sky of money. Now, you may think of Sky and their shareholders as thieving so-and-sos. I happen to agree. But, to claim it deprives no-one of anything is daft. You could even argue the prices are so high because so many people are streaming illegally.

So, you reckon that if Sky lowered their prices then everybody would stop streaming and start subscribing?

There are people out there streaming stuff from Netflix, and Netflix costs £5.99 a month.

Further, you claim it deprives no-one of anything. It's depriving Sky of money. Now, you may think of Sky and their shareholders as thieving so-and-sos. I happen to agree. But, to claim it deprives no-one of anything is daft. You could even argue the prices are so high because so many people are streaming illegally.
    Sorry, Sky Sports is costing £6 a month. And no buffering, malware, spyware.

Really? How?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really? How?
    Actually, it is £6 a month. A combination of cancelling, asking for a better deal, speaking to managers, etc etc.

I got a very good deal. Then they were offering Sky Q at the same price for existing subscribers for a week or two. I took that deal, so now I get to watch in UHD. When that offer ends, I'll go back to HD but I suspect Sky will offer me something on top to keep me on their flagging Sky Q service (take up is still very poor).

I give sky £850 (was £1200 till discount) a year and that isn't even with sports or movies so I lose no sleep about streaming.

What does this revenue do anyhow? Seems like it makes mediocre footballers and actors multi-millionaires as far as I can see.
    Why does the effect of the revenue justify streaming? Do you try to watch Cardiff for nothing because Noone is earning too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I pay £600 a year with movies and sport and HD. He must be paying for broadband too?

I spend £80 a week at Tesco, using his logic I should steal a loaf of bread every week and lose no sleep because they are getting £4K a year from me!

I pay £600 a year with movies and sport and HD. He must be paying for broadband too?

I spend £80 a week at Tesco, using his logic I should steal a loaf of bread every week and lose no sleep because they are getting £4K a year from me!
    I pay £600 a year for sport, movies, phone line and broadband.

Looks like sky are stealing from you mate.

Pretty poor way to treat one of their old employees.

You should get yourself one of those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I pay £600 a year for sport, movies, phone line and broadband.

Looks like sky are stealing from you mate.

Pretty poor way to treat one of their old employees.

You should get yourself one of those boxes.
    he might be including his purchasing of clipboards in that sum though ? ? ?