+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Re: Streams for the game??? Errrrr, no

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Slightly off topic.
    I haven't got Sky Sports or BT Sport, but my daughter does subscribe to both. I pay my daughter £10 a month towards her bill and in return I get her password to Sky Go and BT Sport.
    My question is, are we breaking the law???
    I highly doubt you're breaking the law. Though your daughter may be breaking the terms of her contract with Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Not really as those that watch football or movies would not buy the product, so there was no market originally. Plus that arguments doesn't stand up as movie, music and football are turning record profits year on year despite the ease in which you can watch, and cinema visiting figures have been on the rise since the 80's.
    if you were not going to go to the cinema to watch the film in the first place, then nothing lost

If you really want to see a film, then you make the effort and see it on the big screen, thus money to the studio's

Slightly off topic.
    I haven't got Sky Sports or BT Sport, but my daughter does subscribe to both. I pay my daughter £10 a month towards her bill and in return I get her password to Sky Go and BT Sport.
    I know of a few people who do this and it's a pretty good arrangement.
    I've not looked into the rights and wrongs but Sky must realise that this is going on and I would have thought they are not that bothered.
    Perhaps they agree that the charges are astronomical and this is somehow giving something back as a sweetener? (🤔 not really!)

I'm partial to a bit of 'Yoggy, Yoggy, Yoggy, oi, oi, oi!!!', very therapeutic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I pay £600 a year with movies and sport and HD. He must be paying for broadband too?

I spend £80 a week at Tesco, using his logic I should steal a loaf of bread every week and lose no sleep because they are getting £4K a year from me!
    I pay £600 a year for sport, movies, phone line and broadband.

Looks like sky are stealing from you mate.

Pretty poor way to treat one of their old employees.

You should get yourself one of those boxes.

how can you be stealing something which you havent got the option to buy anyway? 3pm games.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    how can you be stealing something which you havent got the option to buy anyway? 3pm games.
    That's a pretty good point.

Incidentally my son went to Berlin a few years back. Sat in a bar on a Saturday afternoon and they had a choice of all the 3pm premier league kick offs on the big screen.

Apparently some nerdy little Cardiff fan was sat in the corner trying to lecture everyone about stealing but they just ignored him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

he might be including his purchasing of clipboards in that sum though ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Streaming deprives no one of anything.

If everyone streamed, Sky would have to lower their prices, then they would pay less to the Premier league and shite footballers would not be raking it in.
    So, you reckon that if Sky lowered their prices then everybody would stop streaming and start subscribing?

There are people out there streaming stuff from Netflix, and Netflix costs £5.99 a month.

Sky Sports is currently costing me £12 a month. £3 a week.

Further, you claim it deprives no-one of anything. It's depriving Sky of money. Now, you may think of Sky and their shareholders as thieving so-and-sos. I happen to agree. But, to claim it deprives no-one of anything is daft. You could even argue the prices are so high because so many people are streaming illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    But you're not permanently depriving anyone else of it??

**** sky and BT. They're the robbing bastards. Your not making them poor by streaming a few games, it more like lending
    Tesco are robbing bastards too. As are the Government forcing us to pay over the odds for our petrol.

You are permanently depriving the company, Sky, of money. If you stream movies, you are permanently depriving the movie makers of money. If you are downloading music for free, you are depriving artists of money.

Whether you are depriving Sky, Tesco, or Mrs Muggins' local shop of money - it matters not.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Do you honestly believe Sky would lower their prices if everyone who streamed suddenly joined Sky and got sports?

It would just justify what they are charging and they would probably hike their prices to see how far they could milk it. The Premier League would then want more money and garbage footballers would get another couple of mill on their already obscene wages.
    Do you think Sky would lower their prices if people stopped subscribing? More likely, they would pay less for the next lot of TV rights (this is what is scaring the PL and FL). Then you start seeing clubs go into admin (remember the ITV failure all those years ago?).

Again, another shit analogy, not relevant! You think it's theft, but many US courts will disagree (Dowling v. United States), theft is a pejorative. I am not hear to change your mind, just correct your assumption and analogy that it is theft.
    You live in the UK.

You say it's not theft - why isn't it theft? You are taking something without paying for it. It doesn't matter that you had no intention of paying for it, you are taking a service that other people pay for, but you choose not to. Yes, you can say the people paying are "mugs", but let's be honest, they're legal mugs. If Sky becomes too expensive for me, I'll simply stop watching. I have no divine right to watch their stuff without paying (unless it's on a licensed premise).

Slightly off topic.
    Your daughter is breaking her Terms and Conditions. This type of action, though, is a much lower priority for Sky than the streamers. Sky could simply cancel her subscription if they found out and wanted to take it further. You're not breaking the law, as far as I am concerned, because there is a grey area. Netflix, for example, are relaxed about subscribers sharing their user ids and passwords at the moment.

Are you getting UHD too?

Apparently some nerdy little Cardiff fan was sat in the corner trying to lecture everyone about stealing but they just ignored him.
    Talk about coincidences.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    You are aware of the reasons that 3pm Saturday games are not broadcast in the UK? And you do understand the intricacies of broadcast rights?

So, you reckon that if Sky lowered their prices then everybody would stop streaming and start subscribing?

There are people out there streaming stuff from Netflix, and Netflix costs £5.99 a month.

Further, you claim it deprives no-one of anything. It's depriving Sky of money. Now, you may think of Sky and their shareholders as thieving so-and-sos. I happen to agree. But, to claim it deprives no-one of anything is daft. You could even argue the prices are so high because so many people are streaming illegally.
    Sorry, Sky Sports is costing £6 a month. And no buffering, malware, spyware.

Are you getting UHD too?
    No point.

I only watch it on an old black and white portable telly that I stole from a guy down the road who works for sky.

Really? How?

Again, another shit analogy, not relevant! You think it's theft, but many US courts will disagree (Dowling v. United States), theft is a pejorative. I am not hear to change your mind, just correct your assumption and analogy that it is theft.
    So false whiplash injury claims by dishonest people have no effect on my insurance premiums? Who has caused my insurance cost to go up then - the insurance company or the people making false claims?

As an aside, I can't believe the sums of money folk appear to pay to watch SKY TV and at the same time grumble about SKY ripping off people. You have a choice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    So false whiplash injury claims by dishonest people have no effect on my insurance premiums? Who has caused my insurance cost to go up then - the insurance company or the people making false claims?

As an aside, I can't believe the sums of money folk appear to pay to watch SKY TV and at the same time grumble about SKY ripping off people. You have a choice people.
    No, we live in an age where people are ENTITLED to luxuries.

They MUST have the latest iphone - even though the one released 3/4 years ago is good enough
    They MUST have holidays abroad, and they are entitled to take their kids out of school just to have them. Sod their education and that of their peers as the teachers play catch up.
    They MUST have all the latest football and movies, and further they MUST have it for free.

If Sky is too expensive, don't watch it. What's so difficult about that? If you elect to stop paying for Sky and then continue watching it for free, how exactly is that not stealing? Sky would have been getting monthly subs from you to watch. Now you watch and Sky get nothing.

And yes, any idiot can research that whiplash claims led to an increase to EVERYBODY's car insurance premiums. It's a known fact. Again, because it was the major insurance companies being the victims, people had a perverse sense that fraudulently claiming money from them was something that they were entitled to.

We live in an age of spoilt brats and zero responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Really? How?
    Actually, it is £6 a month. A combination of cancelling, asking for a better deal, speaking to managers, etc etc.

I got a very good deal. Then they were offering Sky Q at the same price for existing subscribers for a week or two. I took that deal, so now I get to watch in UHD. When that offer ends, I'll go back to HD but I suspect Sky will offer me something on top to keep me on their flagging Sky Q service (take up is still very poor).

No point.

I only watch it on an old black and white portable telly that I stole from a guy down the road who works for sky.
    Was he the same guy that was in the pub in Berlin, Dickens?

No, we live in an age where people are ENTITLED to luxuries.

They MUST have the latest iphone - even though the one released 3/4 years ago is good enough
    They MUST have holidays abroad, and they are entitled to take their kids out of school just to have them. Sod their education and that of their peers as the teachers play catch up.
    They MUST have all the latest football and movies, and further they MUST have it for free.

If Sky is too expensive, don't watch it. What's so difficult about that? If you elect to stop paying for Sky and then continue watching it for free, how exactly is that not stealing? Sky would have been getting monthly subs from you to watch. Now you watch and Sky get nothing.

And yes, any idiot can research that whiplash claims led to an increase to EVERYBODY's car insurance premiums. It's a known fact. Again, because it was the major insurance companies being the victims, people had a perverse sense that fraudulently claiming money from them was something that they were entitled to.

We live in an age of spoilt brats and zero responsibility.
    You failed to mention TVs with curved screens in your list of must-haves. I was called a peasant on this MB for having the temerity to question why anyone would want to have a TV which cost £1000+ and can only be viewed when sitting directly in front of it.