Bradshaw
    Robson-Kanu
    Vokes
    Woodburn

No Paul Dummett, Emyr Huws, Dave Cotterill, Jonny Williams or Simon Church

Glad to see Woodburn there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39283420

Re: Wales Squad Announcement

Think there should definitely be a place for Barnsley's Welsh qualified keeper (unless he's turned us down?).

Dummett must be injured and Huws and Williams both have injury issues currently, but I'm not sure that would explain the former's absence - Huws' omission reflects poorly on him and the City I'd say, given how he's played since he's gone to Ipswich.

Good to see Woodburn included (think he's good enough to justify him getting some game time without the need to get him capped so he can't play for England a la Harry Wilson) and it's nice to see a City player in there again - I wouldn't rule out Jazz Richards starting in place of Taylor either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think there should definitely be a place for Barnsley's Welsh qualified keeper (unless he's turned us down?).

Dummett must be injured and Huws and Williams both have injury issues currently, but I'm not sure that would explain the former's absence - Huws' omission reflects poorly on him and the City I'd say, given how he's played since he's gone to Ipswich.

Good to see Woodburn included (think he's good enough to justify him getting some game time without the need to get him capped so he can't play for England a la Harry Wilson) and it's nice to see a City player in there again - I wouldn't rule out Jazz Richards starting in place of Taylor either.
    I think so too and Maxwell who is doing very well at Preston.

Dummett is playing with a heel injury and having injections to get through games according to Coleman so he will be resting over the break. Huws is injured as well, it was announced yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I think so too and Maxwell who is doing very well at Preston.

Dummett is playing with a heel injury and having injections to get through games according to Coleman so he will be resting over the break. Huws is injured as well, it was announced yesterday.
    Yes, I think Maxwell is very unlucky as well - fair enough with Dummett and Huws.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I agree re Woodburn that this is on merit as opposed to just wanting to cap him. You mention Harry Wilson & I would not have been surprised to have seen him included although admittedly he needs to see more first team action. I was fully expecting to see Adam Davies selected (or even Karl Darlow if he wants to play for us) so a bit surprised to see Fon Williams in the squad.

I am guessing that Dummett is injured noting that Joe Walsh has been included.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I agree re Woodburn that this is on merit as opposed to just wanting to cap him. You mention Harry Wilson & I would not have been surprised to have seen him included although admittedly he needs to see more first team action. I was fully expecting to see Adam Davies selected (or even Karl Darlow if he wants to play for us) so a bit surprised to see Fon Williams in the squad.

I am guessing that Dummett is injured noting that Joe Walsh has been included.
    Fon Williams is getting there for sentimental reasons because the past couple of months he's been shocking at Inverness. Davies and Maxwell can count themselves very unlucky and Karl Darlow does not want to play for us end of.

Fon Williams is getting there for sentimental reasons because the past couple of months he's been shocking at Inverness. Davies and Maxwell can count themselves very unlucky and Karl Darlow does not want to play for us end of.

Darlow turned us down in 2013 as he felt it was too early to make a decision on his international future but he never said that he would never play for Wales. The indications are that he is now ready to make a decision & he has certainly not ruled out Wales.

Good to see Woodburn selected. Hope he gets game time too.
    Spedger

Has Collins dropped out yet.

Darlow turned us down in 2013 as he felt it was too early to make a decision on his international future but he never said that he would never play for Wales. The indications are that he is now ready to make a decision & he has certainly not ruled out Wales.
    You turn down a country because you think you have better hopes with another one. Then that one doesn't work out so you come crawling back to the easier option. No thank you, if he didn't want it in the first place he doesn't deserve it now.

Besides we have a decent choice of keepers to choose from and he's not better than Hennessey or Ward.

You turn down a country because you think you have better hopes with another one. Then that one doesn't work out so you come crawling back to the easier option. No thank you, if he didn't want it in the first place he doesn't deserve it now.

Besides we have a decent choice of keepers to choose from and he's not better than Hennessey or Ward.

ANGRY MAN in:----

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo

Great to see Tom Bradshaw and Ben Woodburn in the squad, hopefully they get some game time

Blue in the Face

Great squad from Cookie.

Good looking to the future on Woodburn, Walsh and Lawrence. Hopefuly Bradshaw proves his worth. Edwards more than deserves to hold his place. MacDonald has his critics but is a fair tactical inclusion amidst the balance of that squad. Fon Williams obviously must have a great presence in terms of character in that nominal 3rd spot . Good enough reason for me and I support the manager on that choice (worked so far).

Marley Watkins and Maxwell again unlucky, though both are knocking on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Great squad from Cookie.

Good looking to the future on Woodburn, Walsh and Lawrence. Hopefuly Bradshaw proves his worth. Edwards more than deserves to hold his place. MacDonald has his critics but is a fair tactical inclusion amidst the balance of that squad. Fon Williams obviously must have a great presence in terms of character in that nominal 3rd spot . Good enough reason for me and I support the manager on that choice (worked so far).

Good shout re Watkins. He is out of contract in the Summer & I am sure will not be short of offers. I would be very happy to see him come here & in my mind is a better option than Jonny Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Great squad from Cookie.

There are a few players unlucky and in certain positions you can be sure it's about building a squad to travel and compete (think the 3rd choice keeper selection when there are keepers whose talent may suggest they're a lot closer to 2nd choice or 1st choice) but there are also a few selection where one might wonder why they aren't picking the player in better form, for example I would pick Dummett this time round.

It's an exciting but time for Welsh football with lots of players pushing up the standard of quality. This qualification group feels a lot more like Ireland and Scotland's one for the Euros than any of our recent ones so we all know it will likely go to the final game.

We need the weekend to be kind. If we can get our best starting 11 ready for Dublin we have a chance

Marley Watkins is on the stand-by list

In terms of third choice goalkeepers its probably best to keep Fon Williams if he's as good for the group as some say he is seeing as the 3rd choice is unlikely to get any game time ever (Fon Williams himself is proof of that)