+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lots of bitter England fans peeved about Woodburn's call up

Re: Lots of bitter England fans peeved about Woodburn's call up

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Yes i accept that there might be a discrepancy in the border towns where people may be living as Welsh, but may have to be born in English hospitals.
    This is exactly what happened with Michael Owen whose family were living (and still live) in Wales (Hawarden), yet the nearest maternity hospital was Chester.

Woodburn clearly feels Welsh up to this point, including his shirt number as another poster has written, but he may still yet withdraw if he's had his head turned by his agent etc.

I trust him to make the right decision (Wales!!) and give something back to the international system which has brought him through to this stage. He clearly has enjoyed being in the Welsh set up, and the Euros could have been a big nudge for him, and others yet to become apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This is exactly what happened with Michael Owen whose family were living (and still live) in Wales (Hawarden), yet the nearest maternity hospital was Chester.

Woodburn clearly feels Welsh up to this point, including his shirt number as another poster has written, but he may still yet withdraw if he's had his head turned by his agent etc.

I trust him to make the right decision (Wales!!) and give something back to the international system which has brought him through to this stage. He clearly has enjoyed being in the Welsh set up, and the Euros could have been a big nudge for him, and others yet to become apparent.
    I think it's important to note how playing alongside Bale (arguably the greatest welsh player of all time) will be a factor in the decision. He makes it a very attractive proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This suggests calling him up may not be sufficient to commit him to Wales. We'll need to get him on to seal it.

FIFA Eligibility Criteria. Article 5. Principle

With the exception of the conditions specified in article 8 below, any Player who has already participated in a match (either in full or in part) in an Official Competition of any category or any type of football for one Association may not play an international match for a representative team of another Association.

He has to be on the pitch if only for ten seconds to become ineligible to play for anyone else.Coleman just needs to bring him at the death.

Essentially Woodburn has decided to become a national hero rather than someone who's hated and abused by his own fans and press *cough* England *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Essentially Woodburn has decided to become a national hero rather than someone who's hated and abused by his own fans and press *cough* England *cough*
    Spot on.

Look at the difference last summer.

One team who were united with no egos (despite having the worlds most expensive player) and looked like they were having the time of their lives, roared on by fantastic support and a nation back home savouring every minute which ultimately resulted in exceeding all expectations.

The other team full of overrated selfish shithouses littered with players that only got in the team on reputation (despite that reputation being built on achieving feck all) looking like they didn't really want to be there, jeered by their arrogant fans who think they have a divine right to walk over 'lesser' teams, ultimately resulting in yet another humiliating early exit - this time by a team of fishermen with beards.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Wales is the logical choice for a young man who wants to enjoy playing for his country.

Wasn't born in Wales, Welshmen for Wales., he would be denying a place of a true Welshman. NO THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Wasn't born in Wales, Welshmen for Wales., he would be denying a place of a true Welshman. NO THANKS
    I doubt you'll be saying this if he scores us the winner against Ireland....

I'll be delighted if he plays and scores

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Maybe he watched England in the last 4 or 5 tournaments they made it too, total humiliation and shambles. Look at the Iceland game last June!!! 11 nervous breakdowns wasn't it? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's getting to the point now, where the song will go:-----

Who put the ball in the Ingurlish net

Arfur, Arfur

Who put the ball in the Ingurlish net

Arfur f ucking Ingurlund

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I think it's important to note how playing alongside Bale (arguably the greatest welsh player of all time) will be a factor in the decision. He makes it a very attractive proposition.
    Greatest British export ever probably

If Woodburn feels closer to Wales than he does to England, who are we to say he can't play for Wales? (and vice versa)

I, for one, am delighted that he's picked Wales and I hope he can go on to fulfil his potential

gareth bale do me a favour , he aint in the same bracket or league as john charles was and he was doing it sixty years ago , before footballers were wrapped in cotton wool and paid millions like they are today .

Funny that, cos Ashley Williams would walk into the England side, but chose us

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Funny that, cos Ashley Williams would walk into the England side, but chose us
    It would have seemed a distant dream when he was playing at Stockport though.

They are a funny lot them foreigners in England, must be very difficult realising that Wales now have a superior football team to theirs. No wonder players are choosing us over that Iceland fodder

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    gareth bale do me a favour , he aint in the same bracket or league as john charles was and he was doing it sixty years ago , before footballers were wrapped in cotton wool and paid millions like they are today .
    We shall see if bale will surpass the great gentle giant, another Welshman. Can't really think of an Englishman doing well abroad??
    Bit like the national team....useless

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Raheem Sterling - born in Jamaica , both parents Jamaican
    and a completely self centered cyunt.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We shall see if bale will surpass the great gentle giant, another Welshman. Can't really think of an Englishman doing well abroad??
    Bit like the national team....useless
    Bale already has with the trophies he has won at Real and Wales getting further in 2016 than 1958.

Chris you are only going on about John Charles because he played for Weeds which Bale never will so
    just go and do one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Bale already has with the trophies he has won at Real and Wales getting further in 2016 than 1958.

Chris you are only going on about John Charles because he played for Weeds which Bale never will so
    just go and do one.
    john charles was world class in two positions , centre half and centre forward , its nothing to do with playing for leeds , its different eras altogether , real madrid have always bought the best from all over the world and bale would not get near an all time real madrid eleven , john charles at his peak would have walked into any team in the world.. he is easily the greatest welshman that as ever played in europe by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    john charles was world class in two positions , centre half and centre forward , its nothing to do with playing for leeds , its different eras altogether , real madrid have always bought the best from all over the world and bale would not get near an all time real madrid eleven , john charles at his peak would have walked into any team in the world.. he is easily the greatest welshman that as ever played in europe by a country mile.
    "Bale would not get near an all time real madrid eleven".
    Bale is still playing and of course it all depends who is voting.
    People will be biased to players for a number of reasons and nostalgia I would think is right up there.
    I am assuming that you never saw the great JC play as your posts don't seem to be from a pensioner, therefore one would have to surmise that you would choose him from his Leeds connections and based on others' opinions.

By the way, I would say that Bale is world class in AT LEAST 2 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Bale would not get near an all time real madrid eleven".
    Bale is still playing and of course it all depends who is voting.
    People will be biased to players for a number of reasons and nostalgia I would think is right up there.
    I am assuming that you never saw the great JC play as your posts don't seem to be from a pensioner, therefore one would have to surmise that you would choose him from his Leeds connections and based on others' opinions.

By the way, I would say that Bale is world class in AT LEAST 2 positions.
    its not hard to be supposedly world class in this day and age , there is nowhere near the amount of players around of world class ability that was about in the era john charles played in , when real madrid were playing in that era they won the european cup five times on the bounce , puskas , di stefano , gento ,and that was just one team, etc gareth bale is the best wales have produced for a long time but he is not up there with the true greats that real madrid have had play for them by a long way and that is only 50 - 60 ,s.
    Last edited by chris; 17-03-17 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Spot on.

Look at the difference last summer.

One team who were united with no egos (despite having the worlds most expensive player) and looked like they were having the time of their lives, roared on by fantastic support and a nation back home savouring every minute which ultimately resulted in exceeding all expectations.

The other team full of overrated selfish shithouses littered with players that only got in the team on reputation (despite that reputation being built on achieving feck all) looking like they didn't really want to be there, jeered by their arrogant fans who think they have a divine right to walk over 'lesser' teams, ultimately resulting in yet another humiliating early exit - this time by a team of fishermen with beards.

Anyone with half a brain can see that Wales is the logical choice for a young man who wants to enjoy playing for his country.
    I think that enjoyment will soon come to an end where expectancy will kill our support yet again

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I think that enjoyment will soon come to an end where expectancy will kill our support yet again

"Don't take me home" has only been out a week, let's enjoy the moment eh!
    You could well be right but there are a few who haven't given up hopes of WC qualification yet.
    A must win in Dublin is a tough one but we seem to thrive on the improbable of late.