+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Thanks for the explanation Jon, so if the FSA are now the baddies after we trained and armed them, then how about the White Helmets who were embedded alongside them? Am I correct in thinking that Trump has opened up a huge can of worms here, and what about the previous leaders who seem to have contributed greatly towards the current problem? I think the EU also need to take some of the blame, as besides most member countries failing to meet their NATO contributions, they also haven't intervened or sent any sent peacekeeping troops. I believe there were only 50 non-combatent US personnel in the buffer zone, so it wasn't difficult to replace them. Also how about Turkey themselves? They are a NATO member too, so they should be taking the most blame, and also facing sanctions and expulsion from NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Jon, so if the FSA are now the baddies after we trained and armed them, then how about the White Helmets who were embedded alongside them? Am I correct in thinking that Trump has opened up a huge can of worms here, and what about the previous leaders who seem to have contributed greatly towards the current problem? I think the EU also need to take some of the blame, as besides most member countries failing to meet their NATO contributions, they also haven't intervened or sent any sent peacekeeping troops. I believe there were only 50 non-combatent US personnel in the buffer zone, so it wasn't difficult to replace them. Also how about Turkey themselves? They are a NATO member too, so they should be taking the most blame, and also facing sanctions and expulsion from NATO.
    its interesting to read the Russian have taken up the residency in the vacated american bases promising to keep Syrian and Turkish fighters apart , I dont blame the USA pulling out , I'm sure the Israelis have eyes on it anyway ,

Anyway where's that European army when you need them ,Europe is full rhetoric about these war zones , and lacking purpose or real peaceful support in these areas .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    its interesting to read the Russian have taken up the residency in the vacated american bases promising to keep Syrian and Turkish fighters apart , I dont blame the USA pulling out , I'm sure the Israelis have eyes on it anyway ,

Anyway where's that European army when you need them ,Europe is full rhetoric about these war zones , and lacking purpose or real peaceful support in these areas .
    If Turkey get booted out of NATO they are in the crap. I don't think anybody comes out of this smelling of roses, as there has been a lot of meddling going on behind the scenes. If the US stayed, they would have to committ for at least the next 100 years.