+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 2902

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

  1. #61
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    As it stands, there doesn't seem any way that this can work out particularly smoothly.

  2. #62

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    As it stands, there doesn't seem any way that this can work out particularly smoothly.
    It's probably the first time in history that things have been played out so publically. There is a constant stream of leaks from all quarters if you know where to look. I don't even think we are 1% into it yet, maybe they will end it before the real damage is done?

  3. #63

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post


    Yeah, reverse everything. Good is bad, war is peace, bondage is freedom. All Winston Smith-ish. This video's speaker has oodles of credibility but we'd never see it on terrestrial TV. In it she says what 'loons' have maintained for years: there is no civil war going on in Syria today nor at any time during the past five years. It's always been Syrians of all faiths versus foreign mercenaries.
    Apparently that vid has only had 1800 views. Something quite dodgy going on with the yootoobs these days

  4. #64

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    So why is Trump, who some on here maintain is at the head of a populist movement against the "ruling elite", now authorising bombing of Syrian targets?

    Must say though that if the UN really were behind that video, it does make you wonder what's going on.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 07-04-17 at 04:11.

  5. #65

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So why is Trump, who some on here maintain is at the head of a populist movement against the "ruling elite", now authorising bombing of Syrian targets?

    Must say though that if the UN really were behind that video, it does make you wonder what's going on.
    You mean the ex-head of a populist movement against the "ruling elite"

    Who know's what is really going on, but it's interesting that the attack took place as he was having dinner with the Chinese president, just before they are due to have talks about North Korea and those disputed islands.

  6. #66

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    A few interesting views in the comments section .. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/327138...ration-trolls/

  7. #67

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Take it for what you will but Sputnik were reporting ISIS attacked Syrian army positions almost simultaneously.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 07-04-17 at 07:21.

  8. #68

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Something not quite right here and plenty of flexing of muscles going on. Propaganda has always existed bit it's getting harder in these days of social media and fake news to keep track of right from wrong.
    The killing of innocents and increase in migrants showing no signs of abating.

  9. #69

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    The US strike was gentlemanly; the US informed Russia beforehand to minimise casualties. Russia relayed the message to Syria. But Syria reports six people died at the airfield. What the US did was an illegal act of war. The UK government supports their criminality.

  10. #70
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,773
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Donald Trump thread


  11. #71
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Team Donald's latest Tweetyweety:

    "North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A."

    Apparently written by a 10 year old and chosen as the winning entry by Team Donald.

    Don't worry folks, it's only WW3 we are playing with on Twitter today. roll.gif

    U.K.

    BLUEBIRDS!
    TREVOR!
    SO THERE.

  12. #72

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Team Donald's latest Tweetyweety:

    "North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A."

    Apparently written by a 10 year old and chosen as the winning entry by Team Donald.

    Don't worry folks, it's only WW3 we are playing with on Twitter today. roll.gif

    U.K.

    BLUEBIRDS!
    TREVOR!
    SO THERE.
    But if the USA "solve" the North Korea "problem" what excuse will they then have to patrol the south China sea with them nooks?

    Punch n Judy innit

  13. #73
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Indeed it is.

    Lets hope that Kim Jong-un is not too unfamiliar with the ol' routine and stops himself getting a tad jittery.

    I get that its all a game of brinkmanship, smoke and mirrors.
    It is this childish, lowest-common-denominator Jingo-ism that makes me cringe.

  14. #74

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Today's been quite a day. First off North Korea threatened to nuke the Yanks' military bases in South Korea, Pacific Ocean and in the USA itself (implying they have the capability) should they detect the US is about to launch a pre-emptive strike on them, then hours later China threatened to bomb North Korea's nuclear facilities if they (China) deduce that North Korea has crossed their "bottom line."

  15. #75

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Everyone's sabre rattling. Yanks against Syria and North Korea. Russia and Iran against USA by telling them not to do similar in Syria again. North Korea versus USA and China getting arsey with North Korea. Meanwhile on the main board speculation is rife over who might be Tiger Woods' new girlfriend, and why is Simon Cowell limping - is it because of a painful verruca or ingrown toenail?


  16. #76
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,773
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Everyone's sabre rattling. Yanks against Syria and North Korea. Russia and Iran against USA by telling them not to do similar in Syria again. North Korea versus USA and China getting arsey with North Korea. Meanwhile on the main board speculation is rife over who might be Tiger Woods' new girlfriend, and why is Simon Cowell limping - is it because of a painful verruca or ingrown toenail?

    I've heard they can be quite sore.

  17. #77
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Everyone's sabre rattling. Yanks against Syria and North Korea. Russia and Iran against USA by telling them not to do similar in Syria again. North Korea versus USA and China getting arsey with North Korea. Meanwhile on the main board speculation is rife over who might be Tiger Woods' new girlfriend, and why is Simon Cowell limping - is it because of a painful verruca or ingrown toenail?

    Or rather too much of some other physical activity that he pretends to not enjoy?

  18. #78

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Or rather too much of some other physical activity that he pretends to not enjoy?
    Are you suggestion he's been sticking his toe up somebody's arse? Whose arse is it anyway?

  19. #79

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Team Donald's latest Tweetyweety:

    "North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A."

    Apparently written by a 10 year old and chosen as the winning entry by Team Donald.

    Don't worry folks, it's only WW3 we are playing with on Twitter today. roll.gif

    U.K.

    BLUEBIRDS!
    TREVOR!
    SO THERE.
    Three months ago I would have said that Tweet was a piss take - there was no way on earth that a President of the United States would say something like that for public consumption, I know better now we've got Trump's team of none of the talents in charge.

  20. #80
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    yadda yadda !
    TREVOR!
    yadda .
    Trevor?! - FWIW, I meant to type 'VICTOR!' roll.gif

  21. #81
    International Vimana.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    way out west
    Posts
    12,198

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Three months ago I would have said that Tweet was a piss take - there was no way on earth that a President of the United States would say something like that for public consumption, I know better now we've got Trump's team of none of the talents in charge.
    It is quite feasible that they really are meant to be a kind of deliberate p1ss-take. Not necessarily toward N. Korea, nor China etc but possibly to create further division and confusion on 'home turf' between his followers who like this kind of approach, and his detractors who do not.
    There are theories as to why that divisiveness might be considered useful to Team Trump, but I'm not sure that it is quite panning out as they expect so far.

  22. #82

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Better post this now as I might forget upon hearing the two-minute warning siren.


  23. #83
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,773
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Better post this now as I might forget upon hearing the two-minute warning siren.

    Bring on the DOOM porn.

  24. #84

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Unsure if it has been said on here but in an interview Trump said they sent 59 missiles to Iraq to send a message...

    How much of an influence will trump have over the armed forces? I doubt that much. I always imagined the military being quite ring fenced. Is that correct?.

    It is not like Trump will being sitting around a world map drawing up plans. He may just ok just of the more stupid ideas given to him.

    He has been in charge for 3 months now, learning on the job. He probably had no idea where idlib or wherever was prior to his win.

    So it gives me the idea there is a underlying set of instructions that would have been carried out regardless of who was in power. Different faces, same plan.

    Am I being paranoid?. Maybe. Or maybe Trump sat down with some murky characters post election win and they said, "Look, this is how it is going to go in regard our foreign policy".

    Did George Bush draw up the idea to invade Iraq?. No chance. There are some advisers somewhere calling all the shots. Their advisory roles cemented even when power is passed from one person to another in the main job.

    I could well be babbling a load of rubbish here.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-04-17 at 08:34.

  25. #85

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Unsure if it has been said on here but in an interview Trump said they sent 59 missiles to Iraq to send a message...

    How much of an influence will trump have over the armed forces? I doubt that much. I always imagined the military being quite ring fenced. Is that correct?.

    It is not like Trump will being sitting around a world map drawing up plans. He may just ok just of the more stupid ideas given to him.

    He has been in charge for 3 months now, learning on the job. He probably had no idea where idlib or wherever was prior to his win.

    So it gives me the idea there is a underlying set of instructions that would have been carried out regardless of who was in power. Different faces, same plan.

    Am I being paranoid?. Maybe. Or maybe Trump sat down with some murky characters post election win and they said, "Look, this is how it is going to go in regard our foreign policy".

    Did George Bush draw up the idea to invade Iraq?. No chance. There are some advisers somewhere calling all the shots. Their advisory roles cemented even when power is passed from one person to another in the main job.

    I could well be babbling a load of rubbish here.
    Still more sense then a Donald Trump tweet don't be harsh on yourself 😃

  26. #86

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Unsure if it has been said on here but in an interview Trump said they sent 59 missiles to Iraq to send a message...

    How much of an influence will trump have over the armed forces? I doubt that much. I always imagined the military being quite ring fenced. Is that correct?.

    It is not like Trump will being sitting around a world map drawing up plans. He may just ok just of the more stupid ideas given to him.

    He has been in charge for 3 months now, learning on the job. He probably had no idea where idlib or wherever was prior to his win.

    So it gives me the idea there is a underlying set of instructions that would have been carried out regardless of who was in power. Different faces, same plan.

    Am I being paranoid?. Maybe. Or maybe Trump sat down with some murky characters post election win and they said, "Look, this is how it is going to go in regard our foreign policy".

    Did George Bush draw up the idea to invade Iraq?. No chance. There are some advisers somewhere calling all the shots. Their advisory roles cemented even when power is passed from one person to another in the main job.

    I could well be babbling a load of rubbish here.
    Are you referring to the CFR?

  27. #87

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Another good one. Described the long dead Pavarotti as a great friend of his.

  28. #88

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you referring to the CFR?
    I've been reading their website for a while and I just thought they were a think tank/they collated articles from around the world.

  29. #89

  30. #90

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    It doesn't mention in the article below but there's much speculation that Korea might test a nuke on April 25th.

    Japanese destroyers join US strike group amid tensions on Korean Peninsula
    Published time: 21 Apr, 2017 14:52

    Two Japanese Navy destroyers have joined the carrier strike group ‘USS Carl Vinson’ heading towards the Korean Peninsula for a massive show of force as North Korea prepares to mark the 85th anniversary of the foundation of its military.
    The Japanese warships, destroyers ‘Ashigara’ and ‘Samidare’, left the navy’s Sasebo base early on Friday for a rendezvous with the ‘USS Carl Vinson’ group off North Korean shores, NHK reports.

    Defense Ministry officials said the details of the joint US-Japan naval exercise are yet to be determined. The drill comes as an apparent show of force aimed at deterring North Korea, which will mark the 85th anniversary of the foundation of its military next week.

    Though little is known about the naval exercise, the event was announced by the Japanese Navy earlier last week.

    “Japan wants to dispatch several destroyers as the ‘Carl Vinson’ enters the East China Sea,” said one of the Japanese military sources, as cited by Reuters.

    The source added that the drills would involve helicopter landings on both American and Japanese ships as well as communications training.

    The American strike group includes Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ‘USS Carl Vinson’ with her air wing, Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers ‘USS Wayne E. Meyer’ and ‘USS Michael Murphy’, as well as Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser ‘USS Lake Champlain’.

    More: https://www.rt.com/news/385600-us-ja...ampaign=chrome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •