+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 367 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

The Donald Trump thread

I felt he needed a thread as news comes out daily.

To get the ball rolling :

Donald Trump is going to cut Meals on Wheels to pay for Mexican border wall

The president appears to be prioritising his promised wall along the US-Mexico border which will receive an immediate $1.5bn (£1.2bn) cash injection

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a7632551.html?

Comments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co..._on_wheels_to/

Re: The Donald Trump thread

This is an insightful old interview from Feb '96, that somehow seems quite relevant, with all the various fake news, hacking and trade deals stuff going on.

Last edited by Wales-Bales; 22-03-17 at 14:32.

Donald Trump will never be taken seriously in the UK so long as he's named after a fart. And I'm afraid Vince Cable is sailing close to the wind too.

His Obamacare repeal has just failed....will he actually get anything done in the next 4 years?

Too many members on both sides of the house are compromised, so he'd be better off focussing all of his energy on draining the swamp.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 24-03-17 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    His Obamacare repeal has just failed....will he actually get anything done in the next 4 years?
    Ok, so he's had two crushing defeats on major campaign promises in just two months, but there's still the wall to be built, and don't forget that he's going to win so often that everyone will get bored of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Ok, so he's had two crushing defeats on major campaign promises in just two months, but there's still the wall to be built, and don't forget that he's going to win so often that everyone will get bored of winning.
    All those who are being blackmailed will continually vote against Trump in an attempt to bring down his presidency. He knows this, so I think he is going to take them all out. The wheels are already in motion.

Well at least he now knows who the enemies are in his own party, so if anything it makes his job easier
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 25-03-17 at 09:39.

Presidents become lame ducks with a few months of their tenure remaining. Trump is one two months into the job. Maybe we should refer to him as Donald Chump from now on.

But seriously, he's another actor playing a role who keeps to a script. Must give him credit for admitting he lied about draining the swamp and investigating Hillary Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Presidents become lame ducks with a few months of their tenure remaining. Trump is one two months into the job. Maybe we should refer to him as Donald Chump from now on.

But seriously, he's another actor playing a role who keeps to a script. Must give him credit for admitting he lied about draining the swamp and investigating Hillary Clinton.
    As far as I know the wheels are rolling, and don't forget some of those investigators are compromised too, so it's not all as simple as you think. That swamp is pretty deep! Pulling the the healthcare bill ain't so bad either, as the Democrats 100% own Obamacare, so when the costs spiral out of control Trump can simply shrug his shoulders and say told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    As far as I know the wheels are rolling, and don't forget some of those investigators are compromised too, so it's not all as simple as you think. That swamp is pretty deep! Pulling the the healthcare bill ain't so bad either, as the Democrats 100% own Obamacare, so when the costs spiral out of control Trump can simply shrug his shoulders and say told you so.
    What you articulated is similar to what I've seen diehard American supporters of Trump state at other forums. They are really struggling to explain why he's not delivering on any of his pledges. Many of those who voted for him suspected he was another glove puppet from the outset but did so only because his name wasn't Hillary Clinton. They of course realised he was another front man the instant he appointed ex-Goldmanite and tribe member Mnuchin as Treasury Secretary.

The Republicans have been trying to get Obamacare repealed for years and yet Trump couldn't even get it as far as the vote. Even some of his critics must be surprised at just how incompetent he's been so far. Maybe Donald Trumped is a decent name.

What you articulated is similar to what I've seen diehard American supporters of Trump state at other forums. They are really struggling to explain why he's not delivering on any of his pledges. Many of those who voted for him suspected he was another glove puppet from the outset but did so only because his name wasn't Hillary Clinton. They of course realised he was another front man the instant he appointed ex-Goldmanite and tribe member Mnuchin as Treasury Secretary.
    Unfortunately, I don't read these forums that you speak of, but there are plenty of places to find info that is being leaked by well-placed sources on both sides. What we are witnessing is a full on war between two opposing factions.

I'm neither a Trump fan nor a Trump hater. I am merely watching as events unfold. If it is true that Trump and his team were incidentally​ monitored, there will be some trouble over this. And if after going to such lenghts they failed to find any dirt, it means there isn't any.

Other recent events to keep an eye on are the 7th Floor crew being sent on gardening leave, and the announcement that there is going to be a focus on human trafficking. It is already clear to a lot of people what all this means, so on the whole I would say the president is being proactive in a lot of areas.

"We gonna win, win, win," said Donny.

"We gonna win, win, win," said Donny.
    Nice fun video Now go and do some homework and find out who went against the president on the healthcare issue, and then see if there are any possible reasons why they might have done so? It was a forgone conclusion right from the very beginning that any legislation he proposed would get tripped up. I'm not sure why you are so surprised by this.

Unfortunately, I don't read these forums that you speak of, but there are plenty of places to find info that is being leaked by well-placed sources on both sides. What we are witnessing is a full on war between two opposing factions.

I'm neither a Trump fan nor a Trump hater. I am merely watching as events unfold. If it is true that Trump and his team were incidentally​ monitored, there will be some trouble over this. And if after going to such lenghts they failed to find any dirt, it means there isn't any.

Other recent events to keep an eye on are the 7th Floor crew being sent on gardening leave, and the announcement that there is going to be a focus on human trafficking. It is already clear to a lot of people what all this means, so on the whole I would say the president is being proactive in a lot of areas.

We can all agree you're not a Trump hater. Apologist? Cheerleader? Devotee? But not a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We can all agree you're not a Trump hater. Apologist? Cheerleader? Devotee? But not a fan?
    Just stick to the facts man

Nice fun video Now go and do some homework and find out who went against the president on the healthcare issue, and then see if there are any possible reasons why they might have done so? It was a forgone conclusion right from the very beginning that any legislation he proposed would get tripped up. I'm not sure why you are so surprised by this.
    He supported the bill. I saw his tweet. I'm sure he said it was 'great.' Are you implying he was against it while publicly supporting it and that he triumphed by it getting pulled?

And I have to ask, has someone slipped a gullibility pill into your cuppa lately?

For him to have any credibility with me as a real opponent of the deep state he'd have start tweeting about issuing debt-free US dollars, auditing the Federal Reserve and Fort Knox where no-one has clapped eyes on their supposed 8,000 tonnes of gold for almost 60 years.

He supported the bill. I saw his tweet. I'm sure he said it was 'great.' Are you implying he was against it while publicly supporting it and that he triumphed by it getting pulled?
    It did cross my mind, as it would end up with the Democrats having to beg Trump for an alternative solution to Obamacare if the prices spiraled out control. So I don't think he is overly concerned with this decision, as the current system is going to implode sooner or later anyway, and he will be proved right again

It did cross my mind, as it would end up with the Democrats having to beg Trump for an alternative solution to Obamacare if the prices spiraled out control. So I don't think he is overly concerned with this decision, as the current system is going to implode sooner or later anyway, and he will be proved right again
    Why would the democrats beg? It's happening on the Republican watch. I'm sure they'd blame the democrats, but beg?

Why would the democrats beg? It's happening on the Republican watch. I'm sure they'd blame the democrats, but beg?
    Well actually it would be the voters who will be paying for higher medical bills and the Democrats will be blamed for bringing in Obamacare, so they will be taking all the flack while Trump will say he tried to fix it but they opposed him.

Well actually it would be the voters who will be paying for higher medical bills and the Democrats will be blamed for bringing in Obamacare, so they will be taking all the flack while Trump will say he tried to fix it but they opposed him.
    Republicans opposed him.

Republicans opposed him.
    Some Republicans opposed him, which I addressed above, but also all of the Democrats went against him, so they obviously still believe in Obamacare, or they just want him out of office along with those forementioned Republicans.

Some Republicans opposed him, which I addressed above, but also all of the Democrats went against him, so they obviously still believe in Obamacare, or they just want him out of office along with those forementioned Republicans.
    It doesn't matter what the Democrats think, the Republicans control everything. You've made an impressive list of excuses and Trump won't be taking the blame (he's already started shoving Ryan under the bus) but this goes down as another Trump defeat.