+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

The EU are next on the list to renegotiate a fairer trade deal with the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The EU are next on the list to renegotiate a fairer trade deal with the US.

Presumably you are a beneficiary of the unfair deal that the EU has with the US (though it doesn't currently have one). What are you particularly looking forward to when Trump negotiates the finer deal?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Presumably you are a beneficiary of the unfair deal that the EU has with the US (though it doesn't currently have one). What are you particularly looking forward to when Trump negotiates the finer deal?
    I'm just quoting what he said, but I doubt the $151 billion a year trade defecit will exist after Trump is finished, so the EU will need to recoup the money elsewhere, and it looks like Macron has already made a start on that with his fuel tax.

I'm just quoting what he said, but I doubt the $151 billion a year trade defecit will exist after Trump is finished, so the EU will need to recoup the money elsewhere, and it looks like Macron has already made a start on that with his fuel tax.
    Presumably a goodly proportion of the $151b deficit will be something that Trump will seek to diminish when the US negotiates a new trade deal with the UK as and when the UK is able to enter into those negotiations. Could be never under the May deal of course.

What that has to do with Macron (not the EU) seeking to deal with France's traditional undertaxing of a diesel fuel that it considers to be a contributor to climate change is anybody's guess!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What that has to do with Macron (not the EU) seeking to deal with France's traditional undertaxing of a diesel fuel that it considers to be a contributor to climate change is anybody's guess!
    Brussels call the shots, and now Macron is paying the price. Either that or he is very stupid

Brussels call the shots, and now Macron is paying the price. Either that or he is very stupid
    What do you mean by Brussels calling the shots? I know you consume vast amounts of evidence from all political quarters before you articulate your well considered views so feel free to share why you think this is so.