+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Trying to see both sides of the argument, it may be that there are some fair points made as far as American domestic politics is concerned in that article, but, although I disagree with his politics profoundly, it's Trump the man that has always been the main reason why I'm so anti him. He is not fit for Office on personality grounds and, whether he is playing "clever" political games or not, I feel it is both disgraceful and dangerous for an American President to talk like he has done in the past few days.
    The 2nd American civil war is already underway, it just hasn't turned hot yet. The two fictional realities are diametrically opposed, and there is no common ground. It's either borders or no borders, sovereignty or a world government.

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The 2nd American civil war is already underway, it just hasn't turned hot yet. The two fictional realities are diametrically opposed, and there is no common ground. It's either borders or no borders, sovereignty or a world government.
    A battle which has been fought and pretty much lost here already, although the division over Brexit combined with the thwarting of a democratic outcome might possibly re ignite it. Again, there's a risk of it " turning hot" as you put it, because generally and historically when peoples votes are over ruled , that happens .

There's much more risk of a shooting war in the United States of course because the founding fathers foresaw a day when political forces might impose their will over the will of the people and ensured that they'd have the ability to defend the constitution.