+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Statement by Attorney General William P. Barr on the Inspector General's Report of the Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation.

Nothing is more important than the credibility and integrity of the FBI and the Department of Justice. That is why we must hold our investigators and prosecutors to the highest ethical and professional standards. The Inspector General’s investigation has provided critical transparency and accountability, and his work is a credit to the Department of Justice. I would like to thank the Inspector General and his team.

The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken. It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory. Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration. In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source. The Inspector General found the explanations given for these actions unsatisfactory. While most of the misconduct identified by the Inspector General was committed in 2016 and 2017 by a small group of now-former FBI officials, the malfeasance and misfeasance detailed in the Inspector General’s report reflects a clear abuse of the FISA process.

FISA is an essential tool for the protection of the safety of the American people. The Department of Justice and the FBI are committed to taking whatever steps are necessary to rectify the abuses that occurred and to ensure the integrity of the FISA process going forward.

No one is more dismayed about the handling of these FISA applications than Director Wray. I have full confidence in Director Wray and his team at the FBI, as well as the thousands of dedicated line agents who work tirelessly to protect our country. I thank the Director for the comprehensive set of proposed reforms he is announcing today, and I look forward to working with him to implement these and any other appropriate measures.

With respect to DOJ personnel discussed in the report, the Department will follow all appropriate processes and procedures, including as to any potential disciplinary action.

Let me get this right. For a couple of years, WB has been predicting that the IG will conclude that "deep state" illegally triggered an investigation into members of the Trump campaign's links to Russia at the behest of the Obama administration. The "straight shooting" IG blew that out of the water along with the "Follow my conspiracy team" narrative that WB and his ilk has traded off during that period. However the new sheriff Barr, he of the gold plating Mueller report and his sidekick Durham, with little of the IG's independence or integrity are now trying to trash those independent findings for their partisan chums.

[QUOTE=cyril evans awaydays;5027487]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You still don't get it, do you

Sneak preview: All 4 anti-Trump FISA warrants were illegal. Awaiting comment from lardy & cyril!

Educate me
    Still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Let me get this right. For a couple of years, WB has been predicting that the IG will conclude that "deep state" illegally triggered an investigation into members of the Trump campaign's links to Russia at the behest of the Obama administration. The "straight shooting" IG blew that out of the water along with the "Follow my conspiracy team" narrative that WB and his ilk has traded off during that period. However the new sheriff Barr, he of the gold plating Mueller report and his sidekick Durham, with little of the IG's independence or integrity are now trying to trash those independent findings for their partisan chums.
    You seem to be suffering from a bout of confirmation bias

Educate me

Horowitz cannot indict only recommend, it's what, if anything Barr, Huber & Durham does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Horowitz cannot indict only recommend, it's what, if anything Barr, Huber & Durham does.
    Durham has already disputed Horowitz's findings publically, so it looks like it's game on, and cyril has decided to go down with the ship

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm interested why you think America has gone all in on MAGA.

In 2016 more people voted for someone else. In 2018, with the highest turn out in over a century, the democrats won the house and it was generally considered a blue wave. Trump's approval has been 35-45 throughout.

The republicans have gone all in on maga, but I don't think America has.
    Durham has already disputed Horowitz's findings publically, so it looks like it's game on, and cyril has decided to go down with the ship
    I've been busy tonight not had any Web time to have a nose about, at a guess few small fish will get a smacked hand ill be pleasantly surprised if any of the top boys get a tug. Be interested to have a look at Brian cates twitter feed tomorrow 👍

I've been busy tonight not had any Web time to have a nose about, at a guess few small fish will get a smacked hand ill be pleasantly surprised if any of the top boys get a tug. Be interested to have a look at Brian cates twitter feed tomorrow ��
    Let's hope for the sake of your sanity that your new prophet is less false than your last one #WWG1WGA,

But...but...yesterday was Judgement Day, I was told by the super clued up souls that inhabit this board that all would be revealed by the independent Justice Department inspector appointed to objectively report facts and conclusions in a 400 page report. That said those on that particular ship seem adept at shouting land ahoy no sooner has the disappointment of the last false sighting cleared their scatological minds!

Elsewhere in the Horowitz report are oblique comments on Steele's friendship with Ivanka Trump....

Let's hope for the sake of your sanity that your new prophet is less false than your last one #WWG1WGA,
    Dont worry about my sanity Cyril, I gave up on it years ago .

Trust the plan and enjoy the show

Q+++

Dont worry about my sanity Cyril, I gave up on it years ago .

Trust the plan and enjoy the show

Q+++

Elsewhere in the Horowitz report are oblique comments on Steele's friendship with Ivanka Trump....
    And? When you get to a certain level they all know each other. The Trump's were well liked until Don Sr. decided to run for president. The trouble was they had already chosen a candidate who was going to pull the strings for them. As George Carlin once said, it's a big club and you ain't in it! But it's nice to see you sticking up for them

And? When you get to a certain level they all know each other. The Trump's were well liked until Don Sr. decided to run for president. The trouble was they had already chosen a candidate who was going to pull the strings for them. As George Carlin once said, it's a big club and you ain't in it! But it's nice to see you sticking up for them
    What are your plans for Judgement Day +1 apart from throwing out 5kgs of uneaten popcorn?

Heisenberg

FAO: life on mars,

You regularly harped on about where the impeachment was (during a time when it wasn't relevant) - well, you'll be pleased to know that it's just got a step closer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50731010

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    FAO: life on mars,

You regularly harped on about where the impeachment was (during a time when it wasn't relevant) - well, you'll be pleased to know that it's just got a step closer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50731010
    If you believe that I've got 5kg of uneaten popcorn that you can have for free!

Heisenberg

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-.../757/text?r=18

H.Res.757 - Calling for the resignation and disbarment of United States Attorney General William P. Barr, and for other purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-.../757/text?r=18

H.Res.757 - Calling for the resignation and disbarment of United States Attorney General William P. Barr, and for other purposes.
    To be fair, if you were a Democrat, Bill Barr and John Durham are the last people that you would want breathing down your neck. They've got the goods.

To be fair, if you were a Democrat, Bill Barr and John Durham are the last people that you would want breathing down your neck. They've got the goods.
    They have almost given up on getting Trump, Bill Barr is becoming the new target.

They have almost given up on getting Trump, Bill Barr is becoming the new target.
    It's all part of the same thing, they never thought they would lose, and now all of their malfeasance is badly exposed. Anybody who is against Trump is against the rule of law, no matter what the character of the man is. If this problem is not addressed now, it will happen again to somebody else. People should be careful about what they wish for, and it should be noted that Bernie Sanders was also taken out by the Democrats in the 2016 elections.

It's all part of the same thing, they never thought they would lose, and now all of their malfeasance is badly exposed. Anybody who is against Trump is against the rule of law, no matter what the character of the man is. If this problem is not addressed now, it will happen again to somebody else. People should be careful about what they wish for, and it should be noted that Bernie Sanders was also taken out by the Democrats in the 2016 elections.
    Anybody......literally anybody who is against Trump is against the rule of law??? Ein volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer

Anybody......literally anybody who is against Trump is against the rule of law??? Ein volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer
    It's not about Trump, he's just the guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time in 2016. The next time it will be somebody else, someone who you might even like. Your problem is you have personalised the whole situation around Trump, and it's got feck all to do with him. And for some reason you are giving the bad actors who were attempting to subvert the democratic process a free pass.

It's not about Trump, he's just the guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time in 2016. The next time it will be somebody else, someone who you might even like. Your problem is you have personalised the whole situation around Trump, and it's got feck all to do with him. And for some reason you are giving the bad actors who were attempting to subvert the democratic process a free pass.
    Jeez I owe you an apology. I thought all the Trump is playing 4 dimensional chess, three steps ahead genius who should get the Nobel Prizes for Peace and Literature stuff laced with pictures of every rally (unfortunate word) was heartfelt when all the time you would have done the same for any guy or gal who was in the wrong place at the wrong time in 2016.

When it comes to the subversion of the democratic process stuff we can't help going back to the fundamental facts that these bad actors a) publicly announced a reopened investigation on Hilary Clinton's e-mail servers that immediately showed a 4pc reduction for her in the opinion polls and b) went to significant lengths to suppress the fact that they had opened an investigation of the Trump campaign's links to Russia which might have had a counter-balancing effect. This latter point was confirmed (without fanfare on your behalf) by the IG this week.

He also seems to be still investigating unauthorised communications by FBI officers (not sure if these were the same ones texting very pro-Trump messages with each other on official phones) with Rudy Giuliani but I presume these guys were patriots rather than bad actors!

Jeez I owe you an apology. I thought all the Trump is playing 4 dimensional chess, three steps ahead genius who should get the Nobel Prizes for Peace and Literature stuff laced with pictures of every rally (unfortunate word) was heartfelt when all the time you would have done the same for any guy or gal who was in the wrong place at the wrong time in 2016.

When it comes to the subversion of the democratic process stuff we can't help going back to the fundamental facts that these bad actors a) publicly announced a reopened investigation on Hilary Clinton's e-mail servers that immediately showed a 4pc reduction for her in the opinion polls and b) went to significant lengths to suppress the fact that they had opened an investigation of the Trump campaign's links to Russia which might have had a counter-balancing effect. This latter point was confirmed (without fanfare on your behalf) by the IG this week.

He also seems to be still investigating unauthorised communications by FBI officers (not sure if these were the same ones texting very pro-Trump messages with each other on official phones) with Rudy Giuliani but I presume these guys were patriots rather than bad actors!
    You are partly correct in your first paragraph, because they picked on the wrong guy, somebody who was prepared to fight back.

Regarding the the Hillary emails, their hand was forced. McCabe was witholding Weiner's laptop and the NYPD were threatening to go public if no action was taken, hence the sham investigation and double-quick exoneration. It appears you are either a master of the dark arts of misinformation and half-truths, or you're just not as bright as you think you are. I wonder which one it is?