+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

There were even more there according to this very clever young lady from the alt right brigade ...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...28972818993153

😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They are not my lot, I am merely an impartial observer of happenings.
    Fair play, you do make me laugh at times .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair play, you do make me laugh at times .
    I know it's not fashionable, but my comments are evidence based, it's not because I like anybody.

I know it's not fashionable, but my comments are evidence based, it's not because I like anybody.
    Oh stop, my sides are splitting.

Oh stop, my sides are splitting.
    You've read Sapiens, so you know how Incredibly easy it is to get people to believe absolutely anything with a little bit of PR and/or propaganda. Once you know the game, you only need to look out for consistencies and inconsistencies on both sides of every story. You are incredibly thorough when researching your football articles, but not so much in the real world. You seem to rely on the work of others, who some may consider a little biased, while totally ignoring contrasting points of view. It's not a critique of you personally, it's how we've all been brought up, in the home and in the classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Breaking news .. surveillance of the Trump election team was done via FISA warrants obtained on Carter Page, which relied on unverified information contained in the Steele Dossier that was paid for by Hillary Clinton. Furthermore, operatives leaked classified information to reporters, and then used these news reports as further evidence in the FISA applications. If I'm reading this correctly the entire process was manufactured from start to finish. On a scale of unbelievability, I give this one a 10 out of 10. BTW what's your current opinion on the Trump Russia Collusion, are you still a believer?

You've read Sapiens, so you know how Incredibly easy it is to get people to believe absolutely anything with a little bit of PR and/or propaganda. Once you know the game, you only need to look out for consistencies and inconsistencies on both sides of every story. You are incredibly thorough when researching your football articles, but not so much in the real world. You seem to rely on the work of others, who some may consider a little biased, while totally ignoring contrasting points of view. It's not a critique of you personally, it's how we've all been brought up, in the home and in the classroom.
    You always try to portray yourself as the independent observer willing to weigh up all of the options before arriving at a decision. On the other hand, I know full well that, politically, I always tend to come at things from the point of view of the values I've had all of my life, so it's reasonable to assume that I get things wrong every now and again. However, in the last week, I started a thread that was critical of the Labour party and I've also said fairly recently on here that I believe Donald Trump should receive credit for his meeting with Kim Jong Un, so, although it doesn't happen too often, I am capable of coming to decisions which go against the grain of my general thinking.
    Given the way you portray yourself, I would expect a far more balanced approach from you compared to an old leftie like me, but, during the period that you have posted on politics on here, you have ALWAYS come down on the same side of the argument!
    Now, as someone who "knows the game" and recognises the value of PR and propaganda, are you really saying that all of the PR and propaganda from one of the parties playing "the game" is 100% correct and everything from the other one is 100% wrong?
    Lately you have taken to bragging about how you have been proved right in so many things that you say. Sorry, but anyone who believes that they are always right and, by implication, everything in the argument they completely support is correct is just showing how much they are ruled by dogma. You talk about propaganda, well, your approach to it seems to be entirely dependent on who is spreading it - at least I'm able to maintain a smidgeon of independent thinking and an ability to be critical of those I'm broadly supportive of, judging by your contributions on here, you've long since lost that facility.

You always try to portray yourself as the independent observer willing to weigh up all of the options before arriving at a decision. On the other hand, I know full well that, politically, I always tend to come at things from the point of view of the values I've had all of my life, so it's reasonable to assume that I get things wrong every now and again. However, in the last week, I started a thread that was critical of the Labour party and I've also said fairly recently on here that I believe Donald Trump should receive credit for his meeting with Kim Jong Un, so, although it doesn't happen too often, I am capable of coming to decisions which go against the grain of my general thinking.
    Given the way you portray yourself, I would expect a far more balanced approach from you compared to an old leftie like me, but, during the period that you have posted on politics on here, you have ALWAYS come down on the same side of the argument!
    Now, as someone who "knows the game" and recognises the value of PR and propaganda, are you really saying that all of the PR and propaganda from one of the parties playing "the game" is 100% correct and everything from the other one is 100% wrong?
    Lately you have taken to bragging about how you have been proved right in so many things that you say. Sorry, but anyone who believes that they are always right and, by implication, everything in the argument they completely support is correct is just showing how much they are ruled by dogma. You talk about propaganda, well, your approach to it seems to be entirely dependent on who is spreading it - at least I'm able to maintain a smidgeon of independent thinking and an ability to be critical of those I'm broadly supportive of, judging by your contributions on here, you've long since lost that facility.
    Good reply, and I plead guilty to all of the above! There's nothing like a bit of rough and tumble if it's taken in the right spirit, and I'm prepared to take as much as I give. Basically what it all boils down to is confirmation bias, and a skilled media knows how to prey on these biases. For that reason I try to consult source documents, as opposed to comments by unnamed sources. Using this methodology, I was able to make my calls early on, and nothing I have seen since has made me change my mind. I try to leave ideology out of it, and just look at the facts. What drew me to the Trump story was the House of Cards type of plotline, Trump is no good he must go, etc.. In way, it's similar to the Corbyn smears. So yeah, I'm still on the fence, defender of the innocent, not so enamoured with the guilty

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to @JudicialWatch and @TomFitton on being successful in getting the Carter Page FISA documents. As usual they are ridiculously heavily redacted but confirm with little doubt that the Department of “Justice” and FBI misled the courts. Witch Hunt Rigged, a Scam!

3:28 am - 22 Jul 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...78929736265729

Good reply, and I plead guilty to all of the above! There's nothing like a bit of rough and tumble if it's taken in the right spirit, and I'm prepared to take as much as I give. Basically what it all boils down to is confirmation bias, and a skilled media knows how to prey on these biases. For that reason I try to consult source documents, as opposed to comments by unnamed sources. Using this methodology, I was able to make my calls early on, and nothing I have seen since has made me change my mind. I try to leave ideology out of it, and just look at the facts. What drew me to the Trump story was the House of Cards type of plotline, Trump is no good he must go, etc.. In way, it's similar to the Corbyn smears. So yeah, I'm still on the fence, defender of the innocent, not so enamoured with the guilty
    And that's a good, and generous, reply back - I've always said that it wouldn't surprise me if the Clintons were as dodgy as they are portrayed by some and I get the Trump/Corbyn comparison to a degree, but Trump as an innocent fighting for the common man/woman against the forces of evil? That's stretching things too far!

And that's a good, and generous, reply back - I've always said that it wouldn't surprise me if the Clintons were as dodgy as they are portrayed by some and I get the Trump/Corbyn comparison to a degree, but Trump as an innocent fighting for the common man/woman against the forces of evil? That's stretching things too far!
    I was thinking more along the lines of Trump being innocent of claims that he colluded with Russia

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

8:24 pm - 22 Jul 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...34525626609666

Don't be fooled, Bob. This guy has posted about pretty much every conspiracy theory you've heard of over the years - all the 9/11 ones, MH370 was really flown to a US airbase, Sandy Hook was a hoax, pizzagate, right up to the present day. His independent sources are Fox, Daily Caller and The Conservative Treehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't be fooled, Bob. This guy has posted about pretty much every conspiracy theory you've heard of over the years - all the 9/11 ones, MH370 was really flown to a US airbase, Sandy Hook was a hoax, pizzagate, right up to the present day. His independent sources are Fox, Daily Caller and The Conservative Treehouse.
    Not quite right lardy, I may have posted links to architects and engineers discussing the technical details from an expert perspective, or videos of people being questioned in official hearings, but these are all fact based and it's up to people to make up their own minds. Lots of official narratives don't quite add up lardy, including your biggie, the Trump Russia Collusion!

What's wrong with the Conservative Treehouse? Most of the analysis they provide is verified over time, and they are usually way ahead of the curve.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ce-in-history/

Regarding the Daily Caller, here are all the court records used in their reporting of the Awan IT story. You're a smart guy, why don't you go through them yourself, or aren't facts your thing?

Documents

FISA warrant application supports Nunes memo

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rts-nunes-memo

Judicial Watch Obtains Carter Page FISA Court Documents

The FISA docs are heavily redacted but seem to confirm FBI & DOJ misled the courts in withholding that Clinton & DNC were behind the “intelligence” used to persuade the courts to approve FISA warrants targeting Trump’s team. Given the corruption surrounding the FISA abuses, President Trump should intervene and declassify the heavily redacted FISA material.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...urt-documents/

Heisenberg

I'm going to quickly dip my toe into this one to make one point...

Wales Bales, you always pick and choose articles/stories that back up your claim but ignore anything to the contrary and will accuse the source of bias or being outright phoney.

You are impossible to debate with and, like the other regular conspiracy theorists on here (let's not kid ourselves, that's exactly what you are), when questioned about your stance you revert to talking in riddles or using deflection tactics (like responding with another question) instead of giving an actual answer.

I'm surprised that posters still respond to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm going to quickly dip my toe into this one to make one point...

Wales Bales, you always pick and choose articles/stories that back up your claim but ignore anything to the contrary and will accuse the source of bias or being outright phoney.

You are impossible to debate with and, like the other regular conspiracy theorists on here (let's not kid ourselves, that's exactly what you are), when questioned about your stance you revert to talking in riddles or using deflection tactics (like responding with another question) instead of giving an actual answer.

I'm surprised that posters still respond to you.
    That is because the articles/stories I post are based off original documents I have mostly seen, as opposed to the phoney stories which quote anonymous sources. It's quite easy to read the actual documents, and then find a news organisation that reports them accurately. I'd love to include a broader selection of outlets, but unfortunately many of the news organisations are part of the alternative narrative game. What is most remarkable is that many people will actually believe the stuff that distorts the truth. A case in point is the Trump Russia Collusion, which is based on made-up intelligence that has been legitimised by the system. I note with interest that your favourite news organisations still haven't acknowledged this fact.

AFTER March 17th, 2017, journalist Ali Watkins held a leaked copy of the Carter Page FISA application while she worked at both Buzzfeed and the New York Times. She knew the substance, the specific details, of the actual FISA application; and as a consequence so too did her employer(s). However, despite this actual knowledge Ms. Watkins and her colleagues continued to push a narrative, and write articles, that were factually false against the FISA application evidence she was holding.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-ali-watkins/

*All source documents are provided with this analysis, so you can read them for yourself

^^^^^^ Over to you Heisenberg, if you are going to come on here making fanciful claims, it's time to roll up your sleeves and prove them. I've helped you out by giving you access to all the source documents the media work from, (excluding documents that are leaked to colluding journalists). Your task is a simple one, you merely have to show where the above analysis in incorrect, hence proving your conspiracy theory statement.

Orwell: the party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Trump: what you're seeing and reading is not what is happening.

Let's remember that the FBI and all intelligence services on both sides of the Atlantic, and the media on both sides of the Atlantic, and your eyes and ears are all lying to you. Trump is telling the truth.

Clapper says Obama is responsible