+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Well, it's an undoubted fact that his name will be known to people long after all other British politicians have been forgotten .
    Why do you paraphrase that old saying - is it a bit of political correctness ?
    I'm no Nigel fan but I would suggest he will go down in history of having changed politics forever .

If I was Boris and I won he next election I 'd put him charge of negation the trade deal with Europe just of the crack and the look on their faces

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm no Nigel fan but I would suggest he will go down in history of having changed politics forever .

If I was Boris and I won he next election I 'd put him charge of negation the trade deal with Europe just of the crack and the look on their faces
    I absolutely agree, I think there's every chance he'll be NEGATING the trade deal with Europe.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Dual tactics, discredit the person who is under whistleblower protection (likely person already outed on the alt-right sites that pretend to care about the US Constitution) and to discourage others (presumably from saying how squeaky clean and perfect Trump is on other matters or things he may do in the future).

The first bit is a distraction as Trump appointed officials have already given first hand accounts which go further than the whistleblower statement. Indeed Trump and his Chief of Staff have confessed more than that, live on tv! Obviously there will be a few slavish acolytes that follow the distraction.

The second bit.. who knows. Can't remember too many campaigns being won by retreating ever further into a bunker but then again Twitter is a more recent innovation for the paranoid and cornered.
    The Russia thing never truly convinced me about 'collusion' but there were things that I thought constituted investigations (the Trump Tower meeting, Trump publicly asking Russia to hack Clinton's emails and Trump firing Comey after asking him to do him a favour), but this scandal seems to have a lot more going for it at the moment.

I won't get my hopes up until he's physically out of office though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Russia thing never truly convinced me about 'collusion' but there were things that I thought constituted investigations (the Trump Tower meeting, Trump publicly asking Russia to hack Clinton's emails and Trump firing Comey after asking him to do him a favour), but this scandal seems to have a lot more going for it at the moment.

I won't get my hopes up until he's physically out of office though.
    Ultimately it comes down to whether the Republican Party wants to try and put the genie back in the bottle rather than the merits of whether Trump coercing a foreign government to dig dirt on who he perceives as his biggest rival is an impeachment offence or not. It's pretty unlikely at the moment that they will turn against him but there are a number of vulnerable Senators out there who will be watching voter reaction as more facts unfold.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ultimately it comes down to whether the Republican Party wants to try and put the genie back in the bottle rather than the merits of whether Trump coercing a foreign government to dig dirt on who he perceives as his biggest rival is an impeachment offence or not. It's pretty unlikely at the moment that they will turn against him but there are a number of vulnerable Senators out there who will be watching voter reaction as more facts unfold.
    One thing's for sure... They'll throw him under the bus if he loses the election next year.

One thing's for sure... They'll throw him under the bus if he loses the election next year.
    Will it be Boris's bus?

One for the Trump Russia Collusion "conspiracy theorists" among us ...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    As more of his administration realise the way the wind is blowing and more public support for impeachment increases, the more you'll see trump swinging wildly at anything that moves.

Fine if it's trying to put down a famous person. Not so fine when he's condemning his allies, like the Kurds. Expect more innocent deaths as he goes into his own death throes.
    Looks like this contributor was on the money again.

Sondland now says "oh PRESIDENT Trump. Sorry I thought you meant someone else. Oh yes, I had phone calls about the quid pro quo. I told the Ukraine president's top advisor that resumption of the US aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks"

Who will be next to desert the big man?

Heisenberg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50311633

'Democrats claim victory in key Virginia and Kentucky elections'

Democrat Andy Beshear claimed victory in Kentucky's governor vote, after a tight race in the conservative-leaning state.

Meanwhile, Democrats seized full control of the legislature in Virginia for the first time in over 20 years.

The loss in Kentucky will be seen as a setback for Mr Trump, who attempted to galvanise support for Mr Bevin at a campaign rally in Kentucky on Monday night.

In a speech to thousands of supporters, Mr Trump said a loss for Mr Bevin would be characterised as "the greatest defeat in the history of the world" by his critics.

Mr Beshear, he said, was "too extreme and too dangerous" to govern the state.

However polls showed Mr Bevin was one of the least popular governors in the country, following high-profile battles with unions and teachers.

Heisenberg

Sondland now says "oh PRESIDENT Trump. Sorry I thought you meant someone else. Oh yes, I had phone calls about the quid pro quo. I told the Ukraine president's top advisor that resumption of the US aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks"

Who will be next to desert the big man?
    Is this the same Sondland who Trump was praising on Twitter last month?

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    Oct 8
    I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public....

....to see. Importantly, Ambassador Sondland’s tweet, which few report, stated, “I believe you are incorrect about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear: no quid pro quo’s of any kind.” That says it ALL!
    What a massive shitshow for Trump

Is this the same Sondland who Trump was praising on Twitter last month?

What a massive shitshow for Trump

It'll certainly make it harder to spin him as a never trumper, which is the only defence they have left.

Witch Hunt III

They are all deepstate plants and spies. You are watching a school play, so don't get too carried away with yourself. Don't forget you couldn't even see through the Trump Russia Collusion hoax!

After the White House cut off military aid to Ukraine, Donald Trump’s top officials scrambled to get it restored but were unable to organise a meeting with the president, in part because his staff were too busy pursuing his interest in buying Greenland, according to newly released congressional testimony.

The acting US ambassador to Ukraine, Bill Taylor, told Congress that Trump’s order in mid-July to cut off security assistance triggered a series of high-level meetings with cabinet members on how to get it resumed, given the urgency of the Russian military intervention in eastern Ukraine.

On 20 August, Trump cancelled a trip to Denmark on the grounds that the Danish prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, had “no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland”. Frederiksen had called the US president’s proposal to purchase the semi-autonomous Danish territory “an absurd discussion”.

Taylor’s remarks suggest Trump’s Greenland purchase idea consumed considerable resources at the NSC, at the expense of other issues which the rest of his administration considered national security priorities.

Taylor has testified that it eventually became clear to him that Trump, through his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, was withholding the security assistance as a form of leverage to convince the Ukrainian government to investigate the president’s political rivals.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-buy-greenland

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...inquiry-latest

A judge in New York orders President Donald Trump to pay $2 million for misusing his charitable foundation, the AP reports.

In December 2018, a second New York judge signed off on a deal to shut down Trump’s personal charity after a lawsuit exposed a “shocking pattern of illegality”.

Trump had used the charity to pay off legal settlements within his business and even to buy a painting of himself to hang in one of his golf clubs.

From a press release from the New York attorney general:

"The award is part of Attorney General James’ lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation and its directors — Mr. Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump...

"Chiefly, Mr. Trump admits to personally misusing funds at the Trump Foundation, and agrees to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General in the event he creates a new charity. The settlements also include mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump. Finally, the settlements name the charities that will receive the remaining assets of the Trump Foundation as part of its dissolution.

“The Trump Foundation has shut down, funds that were illegally misused are being restored, the president will be subject to ongoing supervision by my office, and the Trump children had to undergo compulsory training to ensure this type of illegal activity never takes place again,” said Attorney General James.

“The court’s decision, together with the settlements we negotiated, are a major victory in our efforts to protect charitable assets and hold accountable those who would abuse charities for personal gain. My office will continue to fight for accountability because no one is above the law — not a businessman, not a candidate for office, and not even the President of the United States.”

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...inquiry-latest

A judge in New York orders President Donald Trump to pay $2 million for misusing his charitable foundation, the AP reports.

In December 2018, a second New York judge signed off on a deal to shut down Trump’s personal charity after a lawsuit exposed a “shocking pattern of illegality”.

Trump had used the charity to pay off legal settlements within his business and even to buy a painting of himself to hang in one of his golf clubs.

From a press release from the New York attorney general:

"The award is part of Attorney General James’ lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation and its directors — Mr. Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump...

"Chiefly, Mr. Trump admits to personally misusing funds at the Trump Foundation, and agrees to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General in the event he creates a new charity. The settlements also include mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump. Finally, the settlements name the charities that will receive the remaining assets of the Trump Foundation as part of its dissolution.

“The Trump Foundation has shut down, funds that were illegally misused are being restored, the president will be subject to ongoing supervision by my office, and the Trump children had to undergo compulsory training to ensure this type of illegal activity never takes place again,” said Attorney General James.

“The court’s decision, together with the settlements we negotiated, are a major victory in our efforts to protect charitable assets and hold accountable those who would abuse charities for personal gain. My office will continue to fight for accountability because no one is above the law — not a businessman, not a candidate for office, and not even the President of the United States.”
    Is this more of that 'deep state' I keep hearing about?

Looks like our resident Trump sycophant will have to up his game. Sessions putting him to shame.

Out of context, but still

Impeachment not going well for trump. Not just in the hearings, but outside the effects are being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I listened to a random podcast last night, the host I thought got it about right.

If he (the legal team) indicts Evergreen he'll walk 2020,
    if he doesn't, his base will disappear far quicker than a hostile MSM article.
    It's a zero sum game for him, if he doesn't drain the alleged swamp and loses in 2020,
    they will Goal him and his family for a very long time.
    from the outside looking in, 2020 will be an interesting year across the pond (if this year wasn't interesting enough)
    at the moment it seems to be a race with impeachment versus IG report and FISA declass

Interesting article from Gary Kasparov.

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...s6q-story.html

"So, once more for the record: Trump withheld U.S. aid to Ukraine in order to extort Ukraine’s president into helping smear Joe Biden, Trump’s political rival. That’s it. Game over. Everything else — how it served Vladimir Putin’s interests in undermining Ukraine and deflecting Russian guilt for hacking the 2016 U.S. election — no matter how damning it may be, is just treasonous icing on the impeachable cake."

Great announcement from the President today about the West Bank.
    He's a great friend of Israel, democracy and the Jewish people worldwide . He'll certainly be the elected again

Interesting article from Gary Kasparov.

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...s6q-story.html

"So, once more for the record: Trump withheld U.S. aid to Ukraine in order to extort Ukraine’s president into helping smear Joe Biden, Trump’s political rival. That’s it. Game ov beer. Everything else — how it served Vladimir Putin’s interests in undermining Ukraine and deflecting Russian guilt for hacking the 2016 U.S. election — no matter how damning it may be, is just treasonous icing on the impeachable cake."
    What does Bill Browser say about this?

Sondland is no longer batting for trump. Who's going to be next?