+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think I am determined to stay in the EU at any cost. But I am happy to stay (and hope to see reforms) on the basis of the current and anticipated future costs. I expect us to leave, though (but maybe not by the next deadline).

In the 1970s (if I had been old enough to vote) I would have probably voted against joining the EEC. A lot of people on the political left supported Brexit on the strength of their opposition four decades or more ago. They voted against the Bosses Club. But I agree with most on the left (and the TUC) that the EU has evolved to become a major protector of environmental and employment rights, and to potentially be a progressive bloc in a world where we have to work together to achieve anything good. It still has 1950-70s 'free market' anti-statism baked into its' DNA, but compared to the USA or Russia (and probably Brazil and India) it is a milder version.

The argument that constantly amazes me though is the one that talks about 'our' interests as if a shared culture of watching the Morecambe & Wise Christmas Special means that I have the same interests and values as Boris Johnson or Jacob Rees-Mogg! I have no common interest with them (and nor do many of the people who slavishly support them and their party). Even less Nigel Farage and his supposed non-racist UKIP creation. I feel more in common with public sector workers in Belgium or people in former steel cities in central Europe, or even with Spanish farmers, than I do with wealthy old-Etonians and proud former members of the Bullington Club! If my future is going to be directed by a Tory (or Christian Democrat) I would prefer, on balance, that it was Angela Merkel calling the shots rather than Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson!

That and an end to wars in Europe - which always seemed to me to be a genuine and powerful reason for European unity.

Welsh, British and European - sounds good to me.
    Great post 👏👏

Great to see Trump avoiding the Twitter and carrying out his pen pal bromance with his new best mate the old fashioned way!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...back-and-forth

Oi Trump, America belongs to the red Indians, if any outsiders have a claim then it belongs to the Welsh, Madoc and the boyos.

Is he a man of peace and new trade deals ?? as he is in North Korea and agreeing trade war with China .

Is there a method in his maddness?

BTW not a fan

Trumpet met Rocket Man earlier today.

Attached Images Attached Images

Why is Ivanka here? It's verrrry awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Ouch!

When she gets four death stares and no responses - not once, but twice - and still carries on. Cringeworthy.

Ouch!

When she gets four death stares and no responses - not once, but twice - and still carries on. Cringeworthy.
    And her smile at the end, as if she's proud of herself.

Any ideas why she was there? What's her qualification, other than being Trump's favourite daughter?

And her smile at the end, as if she's proud of herself.

Any ideas why she was there? What's her qualification, other than being Trump's favourite daughter?
    Well, according to Wiki:

Ivana Marie "Ivanka" Trump, also known as Yael Kushner is an American businesswoman, fashion designer, author, reality television personality, and politician who is currently Advisor to the President of the United States.

She is on the administration payroll, with a very vague role, but took it on herself to act as the Secretary Of State in the week after Rex Tillotson was fired. I suppose she thinks that she is an extension of her father in these summits, and also that as a Trump and a Kushner she has something to say that other people will be desperate to hear - not as an embarrassing and pushy gatecrasher with no self-awareness.

Ivanka will be the presidentess of the USA very soon , it was discussed at the recent secret summit on Epstein island funded by Mosard and Betfair

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-ocasio-cortez

Among widespread reaction on social media, most of it critical of the first daughter, the New York Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said such behaviour “hurts our diplomatic standing”.

Trump has been criticised before for appearing to stand in for her father at international summits, for example during a discussion on health and migration in Africa at the 2017 G20 in Hamburg.

In her tweet about the video, Ocasio-Cortez said: “It may be shocking to some, but being someone’s daughter actually isn’t a career qualification. It hurts our diplomatic standing when the president phones it in [and] the world moves on.

“The US needs our president working the G20. Bringing a qualified diplomat couldn’t hurt either.”

After the G20 in Japan, during which Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner attended talks with China about trade, the Trumps proceeded to South Korea.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-ocasio-cortez

Among widespread reaction on social media, most of it critical of the first daughter, the New York Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said such behaviour “hurts our diplomatic standing”.

Trump has been criticised before for appearing to stand in for her father at international summits, for example during a discussion on health and migration in Africa at the 2017 G20 in Hamburg.

In her tweet about the video, Ocasio-Cortez said: “It may be shocking to some, but being someone’s daughter actually isn’t a career qualification. It hurts our diplomatic standing when the president phones it in [and] the world moves on.

“The US needs our president working the G20. Bringing a qualified diplomat couldn’t hurt either.”

After the G20 in Japan, during which Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner attended talks with China about trade, the Trumps proceeded to South Korea.
    I don't see what the problem is , isn't ut a good sign when someone delegates ones responsibilities ?

He can't do right from wrong , chaps in North Korea saving the world from nuclear destruction.

If he comes away this year with North Korea giving up on its bombs ,new Chinese trade deal , he will be thanked for ducking the chatty events.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't see what the problem is , isn't ut a good sign when someone delegates ones responsibilities ?

He can't do right from wrong , chaps in North Korea saving the world from nuclear destruction.

If he comes away this year with North Korea giving up on its bombs ,new Chinese trade deal , he will be thanked for ducking the chatty events.
    I'm warming to President Trump, he seems to be a man who is above politics. He's tough as nails, which is what you'd want your country's chief negotiator to be, and he's also pretty handy at economics with the US economy booming. I wonder if the idea of electing non-politicians will catch on?

Told you before, it's illusory. Official US unemployment and CPI inflation numbers are 3.7% and 1.9% respectively. If measured as they were up until 1980 when fiddling the data went full retard they'd be 21.5% and 10%. Trump's increasing their national debt at a faster pace than Obama did, and in February posted the largest one-month budget deficit in its entire history. He's begging the Federal Reserve to reduce the headline interest rate down from 2.25% because he's desperate for the debt implosion to occur after the next election. No country's ever spent its way to lasting prosperity through debt. It's why so many countries are turning away from the US dollar and are being punished with sanctions and trade tariffs. The latest threat is to impose economic sanctions on any country who has the temerity to purchase Iranian oil.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

But you know the difference between elected officials and the offspring of elected officials, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm warming to President Trump, he seems to be a man who is above politics. He's tough as nails, which is what you'd want your country's chief negotiator to be, and he's also pretty handy at economics with the US economy booming. I wonder if the idea of electing non-politicians will catch on?

But you know the difference between elected officials and the offspring of elected officials, don't you?
    I do me thinks he doesn't trust a single sole other than his own ,its bit like having some look after your house whilst away ,dont want strangers do we ?? over the years haven't a lot of first ladies or partners of our own PM 's performed the same roll at functions, state visits ??

The non-politicians chatting about policy
    First Ladies
    PM Partners
    Len McCluskey
    Governor of the Bank of England.

I see the first woman president of the United States talking to a bunch of political has-beens. May already gone, with Trudeau and Macron set to follow

I know it's funny, but I still can't tell if he's got good intentions or bad intentions. It's hard to say whether he is with the swamp or against them. He is a very good poker player as President Xi has found out.

I know it's funny, but I still can't tell if he's got good intentions or bad intentions. It's hard to say whether he is with the swamp or against them. He is a very good poker player as President Xi has found out.
    If nothing else, the memes back and forth between Trumpers and never Trumpers good for a laugh after the humdrum of a day in work
    I miss the Krassies
    NK.JPG

I can't wait for the movie

In the grand scheme of things NK was probably going to be relatively easy to get on-side, Iran though ? I can vaguely remember the 1979 revolution, I was only 18 but went on Jobs with a particular site engineer who had spent many years in Syria and Iran before the revolution and spoke very highly of the countries, Trump will face a backlash from his base if he gets into too much military stuff over there at this time, the Obama / McCain hold overs will be desperate to get to him to launch an attack, with 2020 on the horizon its a very delicate time. Was the drone bait ?