+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The bloke you constantly deride isn't even sure if Steele was the one who actually wrote the dossier! If he's right, you are going to look even more clueless

If your Auntie had bollocks she would be your uncle. What is Nunes Chairman of again?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If your Auntie had bollocks she would be your uncle. What is Nunes Chairman of again?
    Now I've got you on the record I'm bookmarking this comment

Now I've got you on the record I'm bookmarketing this comment
    Bookmarketing. God knows what your literary career will look like.

Poll: Half of Americans say Trump is victim of a 'witch hunt' as trust in Mueller erodes

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...nt/3194049002/

Does this make me a thought leader? I was only two years ahead of the curve

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Bookmarketing. God knows what your literary career will look like.
    Russell will be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

It seems like you are condoning the attempted overthrow of a duly electected president, since you only condemn the words that he uses to describe it, and not the action itself. Do you think you are Che Guevara or something? If this is all you've got left in the tank, I'd give up now as you are starting to look like a bitter and twisted individual

The fake news media were complicit.

Here’s How The Steele Dossier Spread Through The Media And Government

https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/03/...-dossier-media

Defunct CNN website filled with 'random assertions' submitted by readers was used as a source for the infamous Trump 'dirty dossier' by British spy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-dossier.html

I wonder if they wrote those 'random assertions' themselves, so that they could discover them!

Defunct CNN website filled with 'random assertions' submitted by readers was used as a source for the infamous Trump 'dirty dossier' by British spy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-dossier.html

I wonder if they wrote those 'random assertions' themselves, so that they could discover them!
    "Random Assertions", sounds like you have found your next user name!

It's time to get this lot in front of a grand jury..

Ohr Provided Husband at DOJ With Russia Research

Testimony reveals Ohr sought job at Fusion GPS; emails reveal she frequently sent Russia research to Bruce Ohr and other DOJ officials

https://www.theepochtimes.com/former...h_2844457.html

It's time to get this lot in front of a grand jury..

Ohr Provided Husband at DOJ With Russia Research

Testimony reveals Ohr sought job at Fusion GPS; emails reveal she frequently sent Russia research to Bruce Ohr and other DOJ officials

https://www.theepochtimes.com/former...h_2844457.html
    PANIC in DC

DC.jpg

This is pretty amusing about Devin Nunes, one of Glueys heroes

Goats, cows and Devin Nunes' mom: how a Republican's Twitter lawsuit backfired

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...awsuit-mom-cow

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is pretty amusing about Devin Nunes, one of Glueys heroes

Goats, cows and Devin Nunes' mom: how a Republican's Twitter lawsuit backfired

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...awsuit-mom-cow
    Is that what the judge said?

Is that what the judge said?
    #bookmarketing

Donny spends time in a speech berating John Mcain.
    Mcain is dead so it’s one way of course but his silence still makes him look infinitely classier.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Donny spends time in a speech berating John Mcain.
    Mcain is dead so it’s one way of course but his silence still makes him look infinitely classier.
    It's not a good look when you speak ill of the dead, and false platitudes should also be avoided, so maybe he should have just kept quiet. My guess he is seething at the role McCain played in obscuring the origins of the Steele Dossier, and ensuring that it was spread around the media and the FBI. This supposedly kicked off the Trump Russia Collusion narrative, and also led to the special counsel investigation. Of course it was all planned well before, so this process was more about legitimising events. Under the circumstances I think most people would be feeling a little irked.

Trump-Russia 2.0: Dossier-Tied Firm Pitching Journalists Daily on 'Collusion'

https://www.realclearinvestigations....briefings.html

Make of it what you will, but I found this an interesting read;-

https://www.ft.com/content/b752121c-...1-4ff78404524e

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Make of it what you will, but I found this an interesting read;-

https://www.ft.com/content/b752121c-...1-4ff78404524e
    Selling the subscription to the FT ,careful you might become a caplitist 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    PANIC in DC

DC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Selling the subscription to the FT ,careful you might become a caplitist ��

"The real reason Donald Trump lies

The president’s greatest ambitions are neither financial nor political — they’re psychological, writes Stephen Grosz

We all lie, but we don’t lie like President Trump. He is the most extravagant, reckless, inexhaustible fibber of our era — the panjandrum of porky pies.

Because we all lie, we may be tempted to think we understand why Donald Trump does, or even that he lies for the same reasons we do.

He doesn’t.

Last April, a 34-year-old woman I’ve been working with for several years told me that she hadn’t been honest with me. “Not big lies,” Ms A said, “I just couldn’t tell you certain things.” It took us some time to understand why she brought herself to her psychoanalysis in this particular way.

When she was a child, Ms A’s parents saw her as an extension of themselves — they experienced her successes and failures as theirs. Ms A could not, for example, be sad or cry without making her much-loved mother unhappy and unsure of herself. She had to be sunny. As a child, Ms A discovered that lying to her parents allowed her to feel separate from them, self-contained, a bit free. Her deceits felt more hers than the real world. Lying allowed her a private self. She lied to feel independent.

Most of us lie to avoid causing painful feelings in others, and ourselves. Sometimes, like Ms A, we lie to protect some sense of self.

Trump’s lying is different. It’s not just a departure from the norms of the presidency — it’s a departure from the norm.

There are so many examples — The Washington Post’s Fact Checker estimates that during the two years of his presidency, Trump has told some 7,600 lies — but let this one suffice. On Boxing Day last year, during an unannounced visit to Iraq, Trump spoke to US troops about a pay rise. “I got you a big one. I got you a big one.” He continued, “They said: ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 per cent. We could make it 2 per cent. We could make it 4 per cent.’ I said: ‘No. Make it 10 per cent. Make it more than 10 per cent’.” The future pay rise is 2.6 per cent.

Think about what is happening here: a lie — easily discredited — is being made, with complete shamelessness, to people most of us would regard as heroes. When he told the troops about the pay rise, they must have gone wild. For the briefest moment, Trump will have been applauded, celebrated — but then what? How can someone be so oblivious to the consequences of deceit?

Born to parents who, by some accounts, left him feeling deserted and bereft, Trump has been a loner most of his life. At school and university, he seems to have made no friends he kept. While he does collect celebrities, for the most part his friendships seem to be perfunctory, fleeting. Averse to shaking people’s hands, phobic of germs — whatever the origins of his behaviour, many psychoanalysts would describe Trump’s way of relating as “avoidant”. “One of the loneliest people I’ve ever met,” biographer Tim O’Brien said in an interview. “He lacks the emotional and sort of psychological architecture a person needs to build deep relationships with other people.”

Given this apparent lack — and the effect his lying has on us — my view is that Trump may abuse the truth so we take notice of him, think about him, become emotionally involved with him. Because he’s in no one’s heart, he wants to be in all our minds. More and more, I’m convinced that his greatest ambitions are neither financial nor political — they’re psychological. He wants us never to take our eyes off him. A psychic imperialist, he aims to colonise our minds. He wants to dominate the external and internal landscape.

The word famous has its roots in the Latin fama — rumour, reputation, or renown. Initially, fame was linked to deeds, actions. Over the past hundred years, that link has been broken. Nowadays, if you’re discussed, you’re famous. Much of what presidents do isn’t very interesting — so Trump doesn’t bother. He does things to get people talking about him. Threats and rows get him attention. Shocking, melodramatic, confounding lies work too — he’d rather be infamous than forgotten.

Between 1980 and 1990 Trump spoke to some reporters pretending to be a “John Barron — spokesman for Donald Trump”. During these conversations, Barron would praise Trump — inflating his wealth and business success, describing how beautiful women were sexually attracted to Trump, and so forth. Whatever its beginnings, “John Barron” gives us a sense of the vehemence of Trump’s self-doubt, his craving to be famous.

“John Barron” is a fiction that Trump created because, I presume, he thought no one else would come to his defence or applaud him. This creation may well be the result of child-Trump being disregarded, neglected, unloved. In 2006 Trump and Melania named their only child Barron. I find this poignant — it suggests to me that Trump wanted to bring his imaginary friend to life. In giving his son the name Barron, he may have been trying to make his fiction real.

Does Trump’s invention feel to you — like it feels to me — a male thing? Let me pose a connection between Trump’s lying and masculinity.

Masculinity is complex. For the most part, all of us, male and female, start life loving our mothers. But love is not simple. When a boy loves his mother, he will empathise with her thoughts, feelings and desires. He identifies with her. At times, he will even wish to be her.

Because Trump’s in no one’s heart, he wants to be in all our minds

One classic study asked three-to-eight-year-old boys and girls whether they wanted to be fathers or mothers when they grew up. Unsurprisingly, boys four or older wanted to become fathers, and girls four or older wanted to become mothers. Three-year-old boys and girls were different. As expected, most of the girls wanted to become mothers. But, unexpectedly — so did the majority of the boys.

In other words, for a period of his childhood, a boy will want to be a woman. And it is upon this foundation — the desire to be a woman — that masculinity is built.

In our “girls like pink, boys like blue” world, a boy quickly learns that he is expected to feel whole and confident of his masculinity. His feelings may be conflicted, shifting, but he is expected to conceal this internal struggle from others as well as himself. A “sissy”, “mama’s boy” or “wimp” will be shamed and humiliated, sometimes assaulted. To have a masculine identity, a boy must reject what he once loved.

The upshot of all this is that a boy’s development leaves him with the fear that there is something feminine in him, that he’s not a real man — at any moment, he can be exposed as a fake.

Trump makes heavy use of this fear. To show you how, let me take you on what may seem like a digression — Trump’s love of professional wrestling.

Before throwing his hat into the political ring, Trump threw it into the wrestling arena. Between 1988 and 2013, he ran wrestling events, appeared ringside (notably in the Battle of the Billionaires), and was even inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame. Despite being presented as a competitive sport, professional wrestling is scripted. The competitors, results, pre-match and post-match interviews — all of it is make-believe. The broadcasters give their audience all the things you’d expect in a work of fiction: backstory, suspense, symbolism and so forth.

In wrestling, as in literature, names are never neutral. Naming a character is an essential part of creating them. There’s always a “face” (short for babyface, or hero) and a “heel” (villain). Hulk Hogan and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson are faces. Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Rick Rude are heels. Wrestling pits good against bad, a genuine he-man against a phoney rascal.

To emasculate his opponents, Trump uses this trope: “Low Energy Jeb”, “Mr Magoo” (Jeff Sessions) “Lyin’ James” (Comey), “Rat” (Michael Cohen), “Highly Conflicted Bob Mueller”. As part of his two-fisted swagger, Trump tweets in wrestling-speak: “Lightweight Marco Rubio was working hard last night. The problem is, he is a choker, and once a choker, always a choker! Mr. Meltdown.” It’s not just men — Trump labels groups of people as double-dealing wimps: “fake CNN”, “Fake news”, “Fake & Corrupt Russia Investigation”.

“It’s like a manhood thing — as if manhood can be associated with him — this wall thing,” leader of the House Nancy Pelosi said in December. The next day, publicly clarifying her private remark, she said, “there is no justification for this wall. It is not the way to protect our border . . . in terms of factual data.”

For Trump and many others — precisely because it is a manhood thing — the “factual data” doesn’t matter.

In professional wrestling, fact and fiction are worked together to create storylines that connect with the audience’s feelings. Wrestling’s good v bad, real v fake storylines provide clarity. What’s vital is this — fictional storylines can unleash genuine emotion. For the wrestling fan, as long as it feels true, it doesn’t matter that it’s fiction. Facts are beside the point. Feeling true is more important than being true.

Many of Trump’s big political lies work this logic. President Obama’s birth certificate, or, more recently, the invading caravan of “criminals and unknown Middle Easterners” — these storylines have been fact-checked and discredited. There may be data proving the wall isn’t the best way to secure the border, but for many Trump supporters, those facts are irrelevant. For his enthusiasts — especially those who share his anxieties — Trump’s lies feel truer than the truth.

Outrage at Trump’s duplicitousness is a dangerous pleasure, in a Trump-like way, self-satisfying — what Philip Roth called “the ecstasy of sanctimony”. While it is comforting that journalists are fact-checking Trump, this exercise too may be worse than pointless. If my analysis is correct, outrage and fact-checking will certainly not stop his dishonesty. These acts may even help Trump to have what he wants — forever, to be in our minds."

Stephen Grosz is a psychoanalyst and author of ‘The Examined Life’.

Some details have been changed in the interest of confidentiality

Creepy uncle Joe being given a free pass by the ccmb goon squad, BBC WORLD service making excuse after excuse as to why his behaviour is acceptable, the videos are there for all to see how much of a perverted c@nt this bloke is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Creepy uncle Joe being given a free pass by the ccmb goon squad, BBC WORLD service making excuse after excuse as to why his behaviour is acceptable, the videos are there for all to see how much of a perverted c@nt this bloke is.
    Especially the videos with the children, his behaviour is outrageous.

Nevermind, lardy will be along shortly to point out a Trump spelling mistake, or something equally as important (to him).