Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Good article seems reasonable to think he can play golf but needs an ego rise to uplift his persona.

Through life I've met many men delivering Trump type lies , we called them Walter Mitty's it's more common than you think ,and certainly a man testrone show off thing.

Had many conversations where you might say, "I purchased this" , or "went to a nice place " or event , only to find one being (trumped ) within minutes ,especially in larger groups of lads .

Someone will always (trump ) one by advising they have a much better thingy or been somewhere much better in a boast way , on investigation its usual crap .

Very common behaviour in my experience is man (trumping ).
There's more to it than that though. Whereas sharp practice is rife in many sports, golf, like snooker, is old fashioned in that there is an expectation that the player will call fouls against themselves and to get a reputation as a cheat in those sports is an indication of the character of the person concerned.

While I agree that Trump indulges in what could be called typical male behaviour, he is at least one step on from the sort of stuff that you associate with Walter Mitty - especially when you consider his day job.