Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108148149150151152153154155156157158
Results 4,711 to 4,730 of 4730

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

  1. #4711

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I used to like Melanie Phillips - about 30/35 years ago when she was a fairly radical columnist specialising in education and Thatcher-baiting.

    Then she did a complete flip in about 5 years (like Peter Hitchen and similar) and reinvented herself as Daily Mail Woman.

    Not surprised you have quoted her latest attack on opponents of Trump. I do agree with her when she says 'Trump is a man who plays the political game by completely different rules' - but apart from that it is the usual bile.
    They are all playing political games, and open borders is the biggest game of the lot.

    Phillips was right about the pot though, they fell for that one hook, line & sinker.

  2. #4712

    Re: The Donald Trump thread


  3. #4713

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I used to like Melanie Phillips - about 30/35 years ago when she was a fairly radical columnist specialising in education and Thatcher-baiting.

    Then she did a complete flip in about 5 years (like Peter Hitchen and similar) and reinvented herself as Daily Mail Woman.

    Not surprised you have quoted her latest attack on opponents of Trump. I do agree with her when she says 'Trump is a man who plays the political game by completely different rules' - but apart from that it is the usual bile.
    Trying to see both sides of the argument, it may be that there are some fair points made as far as American domestic politics is concerned in that article, but, although I disagree with his politics profoundly, it's Trump the man that has always been the main reason why I'm so anti him. He is not fit for Office on personality grounds and, whether he is playing "clever" political games or not, I feel it is both disgraceful and dangerous for an American President to talk like he has done in the past few days.

  4. #4714

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Trying to see both sides of the argument, it may be that there are some fair points made as far as American domestic politics is concerned in that article, but, although I disagree with his politics profoundly, it's Trump the man that has always been the main reason why I'm so anti him. He is not fit for Office on personality grounds and, whether he is playing "clever" political games or not, I feel it is both disgraceful and dangerous for an American President to talk like he has done in the past few days.
    The 2nd American civil war is already underway, it just hasn't turned hot yet. The two fictional realities are diametrically opposed, and there is no common ground. It's either borders or no borders, sovereignty or a world government.

  5. #4715

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The 2nd American civil war is already underway, it just hasn't turned hot yet. The two fictional realities are diametrically opposed, and there is no common ground. It's either borders or no borders, sovereignty or a world government.
    A battle which has been fought and pretty much lost here already, although the division over Brexit combined with the thwarting of a democratic outcome might possibly re ignite it. Again, there's a risk of it " turning hot" as you put it, because generally and historically when peoples votes are over ruled , that happens .

    There's much more risk of a shooting war in the United States of course because the founding fathers foresaw a day when political forces might impose their will over the will of the people and ensured that they'd have the ability to defend the constitution.

  6. #4716

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Strange this didn't get a mention on here last night given how keen some have been to post on this thread over the past few years.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...acist-comments

  7. #4717

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Strange this didn't get a mention on here last night given how keen some have been to post on this thread over the past few years.

    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...acist-comments
    Easy win for Trump in 2020, the American public are not going to vote for a party who have socialist anti-Semitic and pro-al Qaeda members in their ranks.

  8. #4718
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,310

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Easy win for Trump in 2020, the American public are not going to vote for a party who have socialist anti-Semitic and pro-al Qaeda members in their ranks.
    You are doing a fine job of promoting and repeating your boy Trump's regular lies and distortions.

    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/15/p...eck/index.html

    It looks as if he may have lost the 'Chaldeans For Trump' votes though. Betrayed by Trump? Who would have thought it?

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-conned-trump

  9. #4719

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    I wonder why trump went nuclear with the racist attack on members of Congress? Is there anything going on that might be damaging?


  10. #4720

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Nah, probably nothing.


  11. #4721

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I wonder why trump went nuclear with the racist attack on members of Congress? Is there anything going on that might be damaging?

    NBC found archived video of Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein partying at Mar-a-Lago with a room full of women. Lordy, there are tapes.
    Wow, he's been caught enjoying a bit a nightlife in the company of beautiful women. That proves he is guilty, lock him up and throw away the key!

  12. #4722

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You are doing a fine job of promoting and repeating your boy Trump's regular lies and distortions.

    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/15/p...eck/index.html

    It looks as if he may have lost the 'Chaldeans For Trump' votes though. Betrayed by Trump? Who would have thought it?

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-conned-trump
    CNN & The Guardian .. that explains a lot about you!

  13. #4723

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    CNN & The Guardian .. that explains a lot about you!
    Iím not saying youíre predictable Wales Bales but to quote a line from the Young ones ĎIím not saying youíre predictable but there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the heart of South America who knew you were going to say that Ď 😂

  14. #4724
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,310

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wow, he's been caught enjoying a bit a nightlife in the company of beautiful women. That proves he is guilty, lock him up and throw away the key!


    In the wake of Epstein’s arrest, Trump was quizzed about his relationship with Epstein. Trump told reporters he “knew [Epstein], like everybody in Palm Beach knew him”. But Trump added: “I had a falling out with him. I haven’t spoken to him in 15 years. I was not a fan of his, that I can tell you.

    However, in a 2002 profile of Epstein from New York magazine, Trump was quoted as saying: “I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”


    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...otage-surfaces

    Your boy is struggling with the truth again!

  15. #4725

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In the wake of Epstein’s arrest, Trump was quizzed about his relationship with Epstein. Trump told reporters he “knew [Epstein], like everybody in Palm Beach knew him”. But Trump added: “I had a falling out with him. I haven’t spoken to him in 15 years. I was not a fan of his, that I can tell you.

    However, in a 2002 profile of Epstein from New York magazine, Trump was quoted as saying: “I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”


    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...otage-surfaces

    Your boy is struggling with the truth again!
    2002 is 19 years ago

  16. #4726

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I’m not saying you’re predictable Wales Bales but to quote a line from the Young ones ‘I’m not saying you’re predictable but there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the heart of South America who knew you were going to say that ‘ ��
    I was thinking more along the lines of that's where people go to get brainwashed

  17. #4727
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,310

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    2002 is 19 years ago
    Well - it is 17 actually, and the close friendship carried on until at least 2004.

    But I highlighted the two lines to make it easy for you. Obviously wasted my time. Trump said he 'was not a fan' of Epstein - referring to the time they knew each other. However, when he commented at the time he called Epstein a 'terrific guy' etc.

    Trump is now lying about the nature of his former relationship with Epstein - exposed by his own words. Simple really!

  18. #4728

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Well - it is 17 actually, and the close friendship carried on until at least 2004.

    But I highlighted the two lines to make it easy for you. Obviously wasted my time. Trump said he 'was not a fan' of Epstein - referring to the time they knew each other. However, when he commented at the time he called Epstein a 'terrific guy' etc.

    Trump is now lying about the nature of his former relationship with Epstein - exposed by his own words. Simple really!
    Yes, but what I want to know is did Trump win in 2020?

  19. #4729

    Re: The Donald Trump thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Well - it is 17 actually, and the close friendship carried on until at least 2004.

    But I highlighted the two lines to make it easy for you. Obviously wasted my time. Trump said he 'was not a fan' of Epstein - referring to the time they knew each other. However, when he commented at the time he called Epstein a 'terrific guy' etc.

    Trump is now lying about the nature of his former relationship with Epstein - exposed by his own words. Simple really!
    What about the rest of the article you are quoting from?

  20. #4730

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •