https://goo.gl/images/jS2VAM

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is this a good or a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Is this a good or a bad thing?
    I have no idea. What's happened to Rod Rosenstein? I was starting to like him.

Trump has had a successful result in my view , the Senate approves all the judiciary appointments, and they are elected on 6 year terms ,whereas the house is every 2 so more suspectable to change .

Trump will now probaly use a blame culture on any failure in passing laws /bills on the house refusing to pass those laws/bills , that in his words "are making America great".

He could create even greater difficulties here on in.

If the Democrats go for impeachment route that might back fire , as voters will see that objective as nothing but wasteful , personal ,and turn voters eyes to the rich east coast elite ,mantra again, As Trump will bang on about job losses, immigration, democratics not wanting to fund the army ,Iran , etc etc .

The old Trumpness has had a relatively good result in my view, and is not going away anytime soon .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Trump has had a successful result in my view , the Senate approves all the judiciary appointments, and they are elected on 6 year terms ,whereas the house is every 2 so more suspectable to change .

Trump will now probaly use a blame culture on any failure in passing laws /bills on the house refusing to pass those laws/bills , that in his words "are making America great".

He could create even greater difficulties here on in.

If the Democrats go for impeachment route that might back fire , as voters will see that objective as nothing but wasteful , personal ,and turn voters eyes to the rich east coast elite ,mantra again, As Trump will bang on about job losses, immigration, democratics not wanting to fund the army ,Iran , etc etc .

The old Trumpness has had a relatively good result in my view, and is not going away anytime soon .
    I'm not quite sure you've got that right. Yes they do have 6 year terms but that doesn't mean the Republicans have tied up their majority for 6 years. Only nine Republican seats were available in this election and 26 Democrat/Independent (out of 100 in total) so a Democrat flip was always unlikely. The next elections will be 2020 when another batch are up for grabs, and the Democrats picked up millions more votes than the Republicans in this election (yes I know the popular vote means nothing but there are still clues there).

I agree that he has more flexibility to use the Senate for the courts. But if he could get Kavanaugh on then strengthening a bit isn't that much more beneficial. He absolutely will use the blame game; he was playing that game when the Republicans controlled everything.

Losing the House isn't good for him, but it won't lead to impeachment. No chance they'll go for that unless something major happens. It can probably lead to proper investigations though.

The Democrats have a foothold now, more than they had before, but they could have done with bigger gains. Cannot see how this was successful for Trump though. Could have been worse is the best I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm not quite sure you've got that right. Yes they do have 6 year terms but that doesn't mean the Republicans have tied up their majority for 6 years. Only nine Republican seats were available in this election and 26 Democrat/Independent (out of 100 in total) so a Democrat flip was always unlikely. The next elections will be 2020 when another batch are up for grabs, and the Democrats picked up millions more votes than the Republicans in this election (yes I know the popular vote means nothing but there are still clues there).

I agree that he has more flexibility to use the Senate for the courts. But if he could get Kavanaugh on then strengthening a bit isn't that much more beneficial. He absolutely will use the blame game; he was playing that game when the Republicans controlled everything.

Losing the House isn't good for him, but it won't lead to impeachment. No chance they'll go for that unless something major happens. It can probably lead to proper investigations though.

The Democrats have a foothold now, more than they had before, but they could have done with bigger gains. Cannot see how this was successful for Trump though. Could have been worse is the best I can say.
    That's my understanding as well - I was watching something yesterday where it was said that the cycle would be much more sympathetic for the Democrats in 2020 than it was in 2018.

Back in the summer I read a couple of prediction pieces from the American press which agreed that the Democrats would take the House of Representatives, but not the Senate - neither of them predicted that there would be a "blue wave", more a much less spectacular transference of power. Looking at it now, I'd say they got it exactly right - they also said it would be pretty much as you were in the Senate.

Hardly a disaster for Trump then, but to hear him almost claiming yesterday that losing the House of Representatives was part of some sort of master plan was taking things a bit far. The Democrats have to be in a better place than they were before Tuesday, but the vote offered further confirmation, if it were needed, that Trump can count on what seems to be rock solid support from a substantial minority of eligible voters - he's going to take some beating in two years time.

What times we live in.

An American journalist asks some difficult questions to trump in a press conference, an intern tries to snatch the mic off him but is unable to grab it.
    Later we hear that said journalist will no longer be allowed access to the white house press events, because he "laid his hands on" the intern.
    There are two videos of the event currently circulating, the original, which appears to show no significant contact between the journalist and intern, and another that surfaced on a right wing conspiracy site that has been subtly altered to make the contact look worse. The latter has been shared by the white house press secretary.

5 years ago if you wrote all of that in a fictional account of a white house press conference it would seem too unrealistic to be believable. Now it is actually happening.

I posted this before on here (possibly in this thread) - how many of the fourteen characteristics of Facism listed here are found in Trump's government?

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

One which definitely isn't there for me is a controlled mass media, but it seems they are trying to do something about that! Truthfully, I'd say between eight and ten of those characteristics could be applies to the so called leader of the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I posted this before on here (possibly in this thread) - how many of the fourteen characteristics of Facism listed here are found in Trump's government?

One which definitely isn't there for me is a controlled mass media, but it seems they are trying to do something about that! Truthfully, I'd say between eight and ten of those characteristics could be applies to the so called leader of the free world.
    Gary Kasparov writes some very interesting things these days, especially about Putin. And when trump was elected he said that it would be a very stern test of the checks and balances in their system, as the first thing a potential despot will do is begin systematically dismantling them, even if they don't at the time realise themselves it is a road they are on that ends up with them as a despotic ruler. At some point they just end up in the situation that it is their only option as allowing anyone else in power will result in them being imprisoned or worse.

Whilst I don't believe we are in that situation with trump, I can certainly see why the comparisons are being made

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The aim is to get to the point where only Fox is in a position to report on the President's press conferences, interviews, comments, etc. It's not a coincidence (as I said above) that the day before the elections, the two highest profile Fox presenters were on stage with him at a rally.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

yes of course ,as some are already serving in the senate

Ezra Cohen watnik. Next WB

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    I guess if you start with Gluey then something triple barreled has a certain logic to it. Hope Ezra moves on before the 10,000 post mark though.

Next for what? Last I heard he was working with Sessions. He is certainly a man of mystery!

Lardy, what could this possibly mean? Has PapaD lost his mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Next for what? Last I heard he was working with Sessions. He is certainly a man of mystery!
    Next for AG, Whittaker only temp AG

I can't see it myself. He is a senior intel guy who doesn't speak publicity, can't be fired, is never seen, and only one photo of him exists. He's more likely to be the next James Bond! But interesting that he was moved to the DOJ from the WH some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Without even looking into what this is about, I can be reasonably confident that the democrats are claiming that the republicans have done something slightly troubling.

How do I guess this? Because you're the one posting it on here.
    If there's a stance or opinion on something that works in favour of the left wing then invariably you will hold it.
    And you are someone who considers themselves to be of the left politically. You have been manipulated but appear to be utterly incapable of seeing it.

Without even looking into what this is about, I can be reasonably confident that the democrats are claiming that the republicans have done something that is slightly troubling.

How do I guess this? Because you're the one posting it on here.
    If there's a stance or opinion on something that works in favour of the left wing then invariably you will hold it.
    And you are someone who considers themselves to be of the left politically. You have been manipulated but appear to be utterly incapable of seeing it.

https://qanon.pub/data/media/a01e620...7e29f46874.jpg

Q sent me!! WWG1WGA

PS regarding the Florida incident I posted the facts and election fraud is a BIG thing, wheras the above is opinion at best, and propaganda at it's worst!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Trust the Plan