+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Unsure if it has been said on here but in an interview Trump said they sent 59 missiles to Iraq to send a message...

How much of an influence will trump have over the armed forces? I doubt that much. I always imagined the military being quite ring fenced. Is that correct?.

It is not like Trump will being sitting around a world map drawing up plans. He may just ok just of the more stupid ideas given to him.

He has been in charge for 3 months now, learning on the job. He probably had no idea where idlib or wherever was prior to his win.

So it gives me the idea there is a underlying set of instructions that would have been carried out regardless of who was in power. Different faces, same plan.

Am I being paranoid?. Maybe. Or maybe Trump sat down with some murky characters post election win and they said, "Look, this is how it is going to go in regard our foreign policy".

Did George Bush draw up the idea to invade Iraq?. No chance. There are some advisers somewhere calling all the shots. Their advisory roles cemented even when power is passed from one person to another in the main job.

I could well be babbling a load of rubbish here.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-04-17 at 08:34.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Unsure if it has been said on here but in an interview Trump said they sent 59 missiles to Iraq to send a message...

How much of an influence will trump have over the armed forces? I doubt that much. I always imagined the military being quite ring fenced. Is that correct?.

It is not like Trump will being sitting around a world map drawing up plans. He may just ok just of the more stupid ideas given to him.

He has been in charge for 3 months now, learning on the job. He probably had no idea where idlib or wherever was prior to his win.

So it gives me the idea there is a underlying set of instructions that would have been carried out regardless of who was in power. Different faces, same plan.

Am I being paranoid?. Maybe. Or maybe Trump sat down with some murky characters post election win and they said, "Look, this is how it is going to go in regard our foreign policy".

Did George Bush draw up the idea to invade Iraq?. No chance. There are some advisers somewhere calling all the shots. Their advisory roles cemented even when power is passed from one person to another in the main job.

I could well be babbling a load of rubbish here.
    Are you referring to the CFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you referring to the CFR?
    I've been reading their website for a while and I just thought they were a think tank/they collated articles from around the world.