Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
For more than a century the USA has been a beacon of democracy. Now its head has harsher words for women who may be menstruating or may have had plastic surgery than when a fanatic drives into a group of americans who hold different beliefs to him. Sad times!
In the past century, "beacon of democracy" the USA has (excluding WW2) invaded 9 countries, effected regime change in 30 sovereign states and bombed around 30 as well. They have removed governments that have been brought to power by popular revolutions (Korea) and democratic elections (Iran). It is a two-party state where a son was president a mere eight years after his father left office. The USA jails more people and spends more on its military than any other country. The US military and sanctions have been responsible for killing tens of millions of people in the past century (even excluding WW2).

All I see in these crises is Trump - who I always detested until he took on Crooked Hillary - posturing. He may well be crazy or senile but he hasn't DONE anything warlike yet - apart from bombing some hangars in Syria.

As for Antifa I was a member of the Anti-Nazi League and also Globalise Resistance. I was at Oxford Circus being kettled in May 2001 and I've travelled abroad to G7 summits to protest. I did all that sort of stuff, hundreds of protests for 20 years and saw the agents provocateurs take control so many times that I gave up and joined Plaid Cymru. Antifa are now badge carrying "progressives" and instead of opposing war or kleptocracy or the police state they're now protesting people who don't address cross dressers by the correct pronoun. God help us all.