Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    13h
    WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

I interpret that as meaning economic collapse and social chaos could result in more deaths than what a virus might wreak.
    I interpret this as if the economic numbers go south then so do my chances of re-election so I would rather play fast and loose with people's lives if it increases my chances of staying in power.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I interpret this as if the economic numbers go south then so do my chances of re-election so I would rather play fast and loose with people's lives if it increases my chances of staying in power.
    Spot on. The guy is simply displaying moments of insanity again (windmills that cause pollution comes to mind). I feel sorry for folk living in the USA if they really believe the pandemic will be over by Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Spot on. The guy is simply displaying moments of insanity again (windmills that cause pollution comes to mind). I feel sorry for folk living in the USA if they really believe the pandemic will be over by Easter.
    Was it windmills cause cancer? And forest fires can be stopped with rakes. And looking at the sun with the naked eye during an eclipse is a good idea.

If he wasn't in charge of America during a global crisis, it would be funny.

In his press conference, he said that he wants the country back to normal by Easter because it would be beautiful. Each day, you have to further conclude that his motives are not what they should be for a president.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Was it windmills cause cancer? And forest fires can be stopped with rakes. And looking at the sun with the naked eye during an eclipse is a good idea.

In his press conference, he said that he wants the country back to normal by Easter because it would be beautiful. Each day, you have to further conclude that his motives are not what they should be for a president.
    I see the "markets" have responded to Mr. Trumps proposed fiscal stimulus package. This once again exposes the crazy herd mentality of the stock markets. Wait a few weeks and see what happens then when tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of Americans start dying like flies because Mr Trump has said this will all be over by Easter, so carry on as you are chaps and ignore this social distancing/self isolation nonsense. He probably regards the latter as a plot to destroy the American economy (as is his argument against measures to reduce CO2). Frightening. Who would want to live in New York now?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Whatever the outcome you have to give Fauci credit for speaking truth to power. If Trump ploughs ahead with words like this in his ears then even he might have overstretched himself.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...s-the-timeline

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Whatever the outcome you have to give Fauci credit for speaking truth to power. If Trump ploughs ahead with words like this in his ears then even he might have overstretched himself.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...s-the-timeline
    Trump was given a pandemic handover when he took over the job. He wasn't much interested and most of his team from then is long gone. So that should leave him the simple job of just listening to the experts and doing what they say, and yet he's doing his best to undermine them.

Have to wonder what his motivation is, as public safety doesn't seem to be it.