+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

The current state of play regarding Trump Russia Collusion.

Donald Trump: The great disruptor

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...reat-disruptor

I guess that is what he really is? He's definitely not here to be liked!

Not a comment on Trump as such because the figures for him aren't known yet, but this table tends to tell a story;-

https://pics.me.me/executive-branch-...l-23162512.png

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not a comment on Trump as such because the figures for him aren't known yet, but this table tends to tell a story;-

https://pics.me.me/executive-branch-...l-23162512.png
    It makes sense now that we are finding out how the justice department was being run.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It makes sense now that we are finding out how the justice department was being run.
    Ah, I see, Watergate and the Iran Contra affair were justice department productions then, helped along by the Clinton's and Obama presumably.

Just in case there is any one in the world who is unaware of this, this man is the President of the USA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45913921

Ah, I see, Watergate and the Iran Contra affair were justice department productions then, helped along by the Clinton's and Obama presumably.
    It goes back a long way.

It goes back a long way.
    Jeez, you do think Watergate was a globalist plot, your one-eyedness knows no bounds!

Surprised that you, almost uniquely when it comes to Trump, decided not to comment on what he had to say about the assault on the Guardian reporter by a Republican Congressman.

Jeez, you do think Watergate was a globalist plot, your one-eyedness knows no bounds!

Surprised that you, almost uniquely when it comes to Trump, decided not to comment on what he had to say about the assault on the Guardian reporter by a Republican Congressman.
    Globalism goes back to 1884, maybe earlier, but you were talking about the justifice department regarding Watergate.

Globalism goes back to 1884, maybe earlier, but you were talking about the justification department regarding Watergate.
    It goes back much further than that, but that's hardly the point here is it.

It goes back much further than that, but that's hardly the point here is it.
    The point is the justice department, law enforcement, intelligence agencies, the federal government, and the media, etc..

The point is the justice department, law enforcement, intelligence agencies, the federal government, and the media, etc..
    The point as far as I'm concerned is your apparent belief that the wrong people were blamed for Watergate.

The point as far as I'm concerned is your apparent belief that the wrong people were blamed for Watergate.
    You mentioned Watergate not me. I've said nothing about it.

You mentioned Watergate not me. I've said nothing about it.
    The table I posted showed far more convictions under the Nixon and Reagan Presidencies than any others over the past fifty years - Watergate and the Iran Contra affair happened under their watch and, surely, must account for the majority of those convictions, your response to that table was to say a cryptic "it goes back a long way" - how is your comment relevant to what I posted?

The table I posted showed far more convictions under the Nixon and Reagan Presidencies than any others over the past fifty years - Watergate and the Iran Contra affair happened under their watch and, surely, must account for the majority of those convictions, your response to that table was to say a cryptic "it goes back a long way" - how is your comment relevant to what I posted?
    Law enforcement has been suspect since the days of J. Edgar Hoover, and if you add in CIA black ops nothing is as it appears. The role of the DOJ is to decide who to go after and who to let off, so your chart also tells a secondary story.

Law enforcement has been suspect since the days of J. Edgar Hoover, and if you add in CIA black ops nothing is as it appears. The role of the DOJ is to decide who to go after and who to let off, so your chart also tells a secondary story.
    These would be the same government agencies that decided to publicise a few weeks before the 2016 Presidential election that they were reopening the examination of Hilary Clinton's use of a private server whilst witholding the fact that they were undertaking a formal investigation into links between Russia and the Trump campaign I suppose.

Seems like you can use sweeping statements to support any point you want to (or expose the frailty of them).

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    These would be the same government agencies that decided to publicise a few weeks before the 2016 Presidential election that they were reopening the examination of Hilary Clinton's use of a private server whilst witholding the fact that they were undertaking a formal investigation into links between Russia and the Trump campaign I suppose.

Seems like you can use sweeping statements to support any point you want to (or expose the frailty of them).
    You really are like a dog with a bone lately

Trump sided with Putin and Russia over US intelligence.
    Trump sided with Saudi Arabia over US intelligence.

Trump has deep and unexplained financial ties with Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Coincidence I expect. Draining the swamp Trump style #7,444

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Trump sided with Putin and Russia over US intelligence.
    Trump sided with Saudi Arabia over US intelligence.

Trump has deep and unexplained financial ties with Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Coincidence I expect. Draining the swamp Trump style #7,444
    Who did Obama side with?

Is the Steele dossier your source for Trump having deep and unexplained financial ties with Russia by any chance?

Who's in charge here? Answers on a postcard..

Again, I wonder what on earth has this got to do with the fact that the President in the picture you posted, and one who was forced to resign because of his wrongdoing, had more people in the executive branch indicted and convicted than any other holders of that office in the last half a century (in the case of Nixon, there were more of them than the rest put together!). When it comes to prison sentences George W Bush pushes Reagan down into third place.

Even if I was to accept your bizarre and completely unproven theory about who was holding the real power through all of the last fifty years until Trump came along, what does it say about the morality and intelligence of some of the Republican Presidents compared to the three Democrats who have held office in the same period - at the very worst, Carter, Clinton and Obama are far, far better at covering their tracks than Nixon, Reagan and George Bush Junior were.

25 top DOJ/FBI officials have been fired or demoted since Trump became president. Does that Trump is responsible for their behaviour?

25 top DOJ/FBI officials have been fired or demoted since Trump became president. Does that Trump is responsible for their behaviour?
    Another post unsupported by facts. Do you ever properly read the material on which you make your statements?

Here is the list of 25 people culled from one of the likely right wing sites you used as a source.

James Comey, director (fired)
    Andrew McCabe, deputy director (fired)
    Peter Strzok, counterintelligence expert (fired)
    Lisa Page, attorney (demoted; resigned)
    James Rybicki, chief of staff (resigned)
    James Baker, general counsel (resigned)
    Mike Kortan, assistant director for public affairs (resigned)
    Josh Campbell, special assistant to James Comey (resigned)
    James Turgal, executive assistant director (resigned)
    Greg Bower, assistant director for office of congressional affairs (resigned)
    Michael Steinbach, executive assistant director (resigned)
    John Giacalone, executive assistant director (resigned)
    DOJ Departures:

Sally Yates, deputy attorney general (fired)
    Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general (twice demoted)
    David Laufman, counterintelligence chief (resigned)
    Rachel Brand, deputy attorney general (resigned)
    Trisha Beth Anderson, office of legal counsel for FBI (demoted or reassigned*)
    John P. Carlin, assistant attorney general (resigned)
    Peter Kadzik, assistant attorney general, congressional liaison (resigned)
    Mary McCord, acting assistant attorney general (resigned)
    Matthew Axelrod, principal assistant to deputy attorney general (resigned)
    Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney, SDNY (fired along with 45 other U.S. Attorneys)
    Sharon McGowan, civil rights division (resigned)
    Diana Flynn, litigation director for LGBTQ civil rights (resigned)
    Vanita Gupta, civil rights division (resigned)
    Joel McElvain, assistant branch director of the civil division (resigned)
    *Status Unclear

As can be seen this is a list of 5 people fired and three people demoted. The other 17 resigned. Of those fired Comey's dismissal by Trump triggered the Muller investigation, Yates was an Obama holdover who went for instructing the DOJ teams that elements of the Muslim travel ban were illegal and should not be enacted and Bharara chose to be fired rather than resign like the other 45 District Attorneys appointed by Obama.

Some of the people resigning such as Rachel Brand were appointed by the Trump Administration but within a year had decided to take up other opportunities. Other people on this list either resigned early or moved to private sector jobs and were obviously fillers to create the impression in the headline that all 25 somehow left in dubious circumstances.

Still it is a tribute to you that you picked up this false narrative and presented a faker summary back to Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Another post unsupported by facts. Do you ever properly read the material on which you make your statements?

Here is the list of 25 people culled from one of the likely right wing sites you used as a source.

James Comey, director (fired)
    Andrew McCabe, deputy director (fired)
    Peter Strzok, counterintelligence expert (fired)
    Lisa Page, attorney (demoted; resigned)
    James Rybicki, chief of staff (resigned)
    James Baker, general counsel (resigned)
    Mike Kortan, assistant director for public affairs (resigned)
    Josh Campbell, special assistant to James Comey (resigned)
    James Turgal, executive assistant director (resigned)
    Greg Bower, assistant director for office of congressional affairs (resigned)
    Michael Steinbach, executive assistant director (resigned)
    John Giacalone, executive assistant director (resigned)
    DOJ Departures:

Sally Yates, deputy attorney general (fired)
    Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general (twice demoted)
    David Laufman, counterintelligence chief (resigned)
    Rachel Brand, deputy attorney general (resigned)
    Trisha Beth Anderson, office of legal counsel for FBI (demoted or reassigned*)
    John P. Carlin, assistant attorney general (resigned)
    Peter Kadzik, assistant attorney general, congressional liaison (resigned)
    Mary McCord, acting assistant attorney general (resigned)
    Matthew Axelrod, principal assistant to deputy attorney general (resigned)
    Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney, SDNY (fired along with 45 other U.S. Attorneys)
    Sharon McGowan, civil rights division (resigned)
    Diana Flynn, litigation director for LGBTQ civil rights (resigned)
    Vanita Gupta, civil rights division (resigned)
    Joel McElvain, assistant branch director of the civil division (resigned)
    *Status Unclear

As can be seen this is a list of 5 people fired and three people demoted. The other 17 resigned. Of those fired Comey's dismissal by Trump triggered the Muller investigation, Yates was an Obama holdover who went for instructing the DOJ teams that elements of the Muslim travel ban were illegal and should not be enacted and Bharara chose to be fired rather than resign like the other 45 District Attorneys appointed by Obama.

Some of the people resigning such as Rachel Brand were appointed by the Trump Administration but within a year had decided to take up other opportunities. Other people on this list either resigned early or moved to private sector jobs and were obviously fillers to create the impression in the headline that all 25 somehow left in dubious circumstances.

Still it is a tribute to you that you picked up this false narrative and presented a faker summary back to Bob.
    So they are all good people? Somebody must have got it all wrong then.

So they are all good people? Somebody must have got it all wrong then.
    Someone with little self-awareness would be my guess.