+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "The only information I have so far is coming from you"

It's leading global news mate.
    The MSM is a secondary source of news for me, as they are no doubt at the forefront of pushing the narrative that you succinctly repeated above, Trump is a Nazi, etc. We all know the modus operandi by now as it has been used countless times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The MSM is a secondary source of news for me, as they are no doubt at the forefront of pushing the narrative that you succinctly repeated above, Trump is a Nazi, etc. We all know the modus operandi by now as it has been used countless times already.
    You can't hide behind this every time, mate, it's not a get out of jail free card to use when the conversation is going badly. This is no secondary source, it's Trump's own words.

Have I called Trump a Nazi? No.

The facts are that when a vehicle was driven into innocent people in another country (London) Trump was on the attack in no time. When it happened in his own country, but this time by white supremacists, his response was very muted.

In the words of one senator (a democrat if you want to dismiss it) "it's not too much to ask to have a president who explicitly condemns nazis"

You can't hide behind this every time, mate, it's not a get out of jail free card to use when the conversation is going badly. This is no secondary source, it's Trump's own words.

The facts are that when a vehicle was driven into innocent people in another country (London) Trump was on the attack in no time. When it happened in his own country, but this time by white supremacists, his response was very muted.

In the words of one senator (a democrat if you want to dismiss it) "it's not too much to ask to have a president who explicitly condemns nazis"
    I see the new FBI director and the DOJ have started a federal enquiry into the events in Charlottesville, so hopefully all the stories will match up and they will get to the bottom of what happened.

All I know is that a permit was issued for the initial protest, and then the Antifa mob showed up without permission, with most of them being bussed in from out of town.

Trump appeared as an apologist when in all other occasions he has been happy to speak in the strongest possible terms - true. However, the violent outbreak seems to have not been just one group attacking the other (until the car attack) and it's not wrong to condemn violence on both sides, even if one side's viewpoint is very hard to listen to in 2017. Obama would not have spoke out against just the alt-right which is what I feel some in the media wanted Trump to do.

Trump, however, is a moron who seems to be pushing us all into a horrific war with his loose and aggressive twitter response.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Trump appeared as an apologist when in all other occasions he has been happy to speak in the strongest possible terms - true. However, the violent outbreak seems to have not been just one group attacking the other (until the car attack) and it's not wrong to condemn violence on both sides, even if one side's viewpoint is very hard to listen to in 2017. Obama would not have spoke out against just the alt-right which is what I feel some in the media wanted Trump to do.

Trump, however, is a moron who seems to be pushing us all into a horrific war with his loose and aggressive twitter response.
    Yes, it's not as clearcut as lardy is making it out to be, he's just reiterating the MSM narrative without adding anything new. I'll be waiting for a proper investigation to take place before I pass any comment on what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I haven't said that Trump was wrong to say all violence, no matter from who, was wrong. You're coming from the same place as me from what I can tell - I also doubt that Obama would only have spoken against the 'alt-right', but I'm sure he (and every president from at least FDR onwards) would have taken a stronger line than Trump. When you consider that he has taken people with a white supremacist history close into his team, he's put himself in a very sticky situation when it comes to events like this. Actions and words are stacked against him.

I haven't said that Trump was wrong to say all violence, no matter from who, was wrong. You're coming from the same place as me from what I can tell - I also doubt that Obama would only have spoken against the 'alt-right', but I'm sure he (and every president from at least FDR onwards) would have taken a stronger line than Trump. When you consider that he has taken people with a white supremacist history close into his team, he's put himself in a very sticky situation when it comes to events like this. Actions and words are stacked against him.