+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I thought you weren't following it that closely? So to help you with your facts, Moore changed his story drastically. What do you think about his credibility considering that fact?
    Moore can say and do whatever he wants, but until they file a case absolutely nothing is going to happen. You would have thought if they were serious about it, they would have done just that, or maybe it will all go away and be forgotten after the election? What outcome is your money on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Moore can say and do whatever he wants, but until they file a case absolutely nothing is going to happen. You would have thought if they were serious about it, they would have done just that, or maybe it will all go away and be forgotten after the election? What outcome is your money on?
    Not sure I have seen any stated intention by the women or one of their lawyers to instigate legal action though there has been a stated willingness by Mrs Nelson to make a statement on oath to a Congressional committee (with the invite for Moore to do the same). Moore however on 12 November said he would be suing the Washington Post and later threatened similar to Alabama-based news organisations. Maybe that will all go away and be forgotten after the election just as Trump's threat was shown to be hollow.

As above Summer Zervos is currently suing Trump for defamation which I guess on the gluey-ometer gives her story far more credence compared with the lack of action by Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not sure I have seen any stated intention by the women or one of their lawyers to instigate legal action though there has been a stated willingness by Mrs Nelson to make a statement on oath to a Congressional committee (with the invite for Moore to do the same). Moore however on 12 November said he would be suing the Washington Post and later threatened similar to Alabama-based news organisations. Maybe that will all go away and be forgotten after the election just as Trump's threat was shown to be hollow.

As above Summer Zervos is currently suing Trump for defamation which I guess on the gluey-ometer gives her story far more credence compared with the lack of action by Trump?
    I think there will always be suspicions when cases like this come up a few weeks before a major election.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think there will always be suspicions when cases like this come up a few weeks before a major election.
    I guess it would be less suspicious if the revelations were preceeded by a flurry of actors, producers and politicians being exposed for similar (paedophilia apart) acts to those that Moore has been accused of. #metoo allowed a lot of women to pronounce for the first time things they had bottled up for years and this seems no different.

I have a friend where I previously worked who suffered sexual abuse as an apprentice footballer and when that scandal broke became traumatised over things bottled up for years but felt he had no option to support others who had gone public. He lost months off work working through this and he had a largely sympathetic press. I don't underestimate the courage it took him and I feel enormous sympathy for the women who have found the courage to confront Moore and put themselves in front of the steam train of cynics and doubters they are currently facing.

If you thought that a person was unfit for office based on personal experiences and there were others exposing similar wrongdoings by other people at the same time then doing this when they did is not that surprising surely?