+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In the Morgan Freeman thread you started, you said;-

"We've seen it time and again, it's all about having a position of power, and using that power in a very ugly way."

I agree with that and with what I think you are inferring about Trump and "the Art of the deal" - for now, I think we're seeing a form of brinkmanship regarding US relations with North Korea..

What I don't get is that, you can say that about Morgan Freeman and yet still not see Trump for the absolute piece of work that he is - by his own confession, Trump is guilty of the sort of things Freeman is accused of.
    I don't think everything is what it appears to be. I get the feeling that Kim and Trump may be working in cahoots here, and the brinkmanship could all be a charade. In the latest letter from North Korea they are talking about unification with South Korea as a way to solve the problem, which would mean moving away from the huge influence of China (they are a satellite nation at present).If this turns out to be the case, then it really would be the art of the deal. I may be wrong, but the last two letters from Trump and Kim seem a bit "overdone".

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think everything is what it appears to be. I get the feeling that Kim and Trump may be working in cahoots here, and the brinkmanship could all be a charade. In the latest letter from North Korea they are talking about unification with South Korea as a way to solve the problem, which would mean moving away from the huge influence of China (they are a satellite nation at present).If this turns out to be the case, then it really would be the art of the deal. I may be wrong, but the last two letters from Trump and Kim seem a bit "overdone".
    Unusually for me, I said much the same, but in far less words .