+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm just surprised that he didn't refer the whistleblowers as rats this time.

I'm sure the President of the USA knows far more about this than I do - but I was always assured that whistleblowers are protected from being treated unfairly if they come forward with information that is beneficial to public interest? It must be me that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I'm sure the President of the USA knows far more about this than I do - but I was always assured that whistleblowers are protected from being treated unfairly if they come forward with information that is beneficial to public interest? It must be me that's wrong.
    To be a whistlenlower you have to follow a specific whistleblower procedure. Going directly to Schiff and colluding with him was probably not the cleverest thing to do. Lots of juicy stuff to come ...

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Dual tactics, discredit the person who is under whistleblower protection (likely person already outed on the alt-right sites that pretend to care about the US Constitution) and to discourage others (presumably from saying how squeaky clean and perfect Trump is on other matters or things he may do in the future).

The first bit is a distraction as Trump appointed officials have already given first hand accounts which go further than the whistleblower statement. Indeed Trump and his Chief of Staff have confessed more than that, live on tv! Obviously there will be a few slavish acolytes that follow the distraction.

The second bit.. who knows. Can't remember too many campaigns being won by retreating ever further into a bunker but then again Twitter is a more recent innovation for the paranoid and cornered.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Dual tactics, discredit the person who is under whistleblower protection (likely person already outed on the alt-right sites that pretend to care about the US Constitution) and to discourage others (presumably from saying how squeaky clean and perfect Trump is on other matters or things he may do in the future).

The first bit is a distraction as Trump appointed officials have already given first hand accounts which go further than the whistleblower statement. Indeed Trump and his Chief of Staff have confessed more than that, live on tv! Obviously there will be a few slavish acolytes that follow the distraction.

The second bit.. who knows. Can't remember too many campaigns being won by retreating ever further into a bunker but then again Twitter is a more recent innovation for the paranoid and cornered.
    Fair play you never give up, and you've decided to go down with the ship. BTW, where did you get the latest Lawfare talking points from, are you on the mailing list?