+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

You have a lot to learn about realpolitik Hisey !

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I didn't say they weren't crooks and liars, I said they're great men.
    I... Nope. I've got nothing. You've said it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50246324

'Trump impeachment: House votes to formalise inquiry'

Two Dems voted No. Zero Republicans voted Yes. At least the Republicans will now be happy that they got the vote they have been shouting about for weeks... Right?
    I heard the whistleblower was involved in the putting together of the Steele Dossier that was used to kick-off the Trump Russia Collusion hoax. Big if true

RonnieB: "All politicians are liars and crooks....

Except for the ones that I like".
    Now I've heard it all, that twat Farage being described as "a great man". The patients have taken over the asylum.

isreal next.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Now I've heard it all, that twat Farage being described as "a great man". The patients have taken over the asylum.

Well, it's an undoubted fact that his name will be known to people long after all other British politicians have been forgotten .
    Why do you paraphrase that old saying - is it a bit of political correctness ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50246324

'Trump impeachment: House votes to formalise inquiry'

Two Dems voted No. Zero Republicans voted Yes. At least the Republicans will now be happy that they got the vote they have been shouting about for weeks... Right?
    They were calling a bluff that will backfire. Now even more evidence will be made public.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    They were calling a bluff that will backfire. Now even more evidence will be made public.
    Forget about the theatre; it's yet another manufactured distraction that will rumble on and on to lead to nowhere.

Concentrate on your own financial survival instead. First up, only keep what you can afford to lose in a bank because we're all unsecured creditors for what's kept in them and the very last in line for getting a fraction returned when they blow up.

Actually, I've had a thought on this. I've been quite shocked on another thread here to see anti semitism expressed with the thinnest of excuses, so I wonder whether some of the irrational hatred we hear toward the Prsident is motivated by this closet anti semitism ?
    He's been a friend of Israel and democracy in the region and a great defender of Jews in general, so do they see him as a powerful obstruction to what they'd really like to do ?

Well, it's an undoubted fact that his name will be known to people long after all other British politicians have been forgotten .
    Why do you paraphrase that old saying - is it a bit of political correctness ?
    What?, even Churchill? Calm down Phil and keep on taking the tablets

Actually, I've had a thought on this. I've been quite shocked on another thread here to see anti semitism expressed with the thinnest of excuses, so I wonder whether some of the irrational hatred we hear toward the Prsident is motivated by this closet anti semitism ?
    He's been a friend of Israel and democracy in the region and a great defender of Jews in general, so do they see him as a powerful obstruction to what they'd really like to do ?
    It's actually quite impressive to come up with something as insane as this. You could give me all weekend and I wouldn't be able to do it. Nice work, Ronnie.

It's actually quite impressive to come up with something as insane as this. You could give me all weekend and I wouldn't be able to do it. Nice work, Ronnie.
    I think it must be magic mushrooms

Insane ? No I don't think so after some of the thinly disguised anti semitism on these threads recently

Insane ? No I don't think so after some of the thinly disguised anti semitism on these threads recently
    I think you have just absolutely proven my point. I haven't seen even a smidgen of anti-Semitism on any thread on this messageboard merely critique. This is exactly the same sort of rubbish the Labour Party is being accused of by people with a political agenda. The whole reason for all this nonsense is to subvert the narrative and prevent any reasonable criticism of Israeli policy towards Palestine.

Mandy Rice Davies

John Profumo

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I guess those law revering, democracy loving, independent thinking, intellectually superior minds would be all over this. Particularly as Inspector General reports and whistle-blowers have been so important in their narrative. Seems I was hasty to completely ignore their views just when deep state are denying an IG and whistleblower transparency to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    John Profumo
    Who turned out to be guilty of course

Some news that has bypassed CCMB in the last week.

US national debt has surpassed $23 trillion for the first time: https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Then there was this: Federal deficit increases 26% to $984 billion for fiscal 2019, highest in 7 years https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/25/fede...scal-2019.html

April 4, 2016: Donald Trump: I will eliminate U.S. debt in 8 years https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ebt-in-8-years

Instead since his election win he's added $3.2 trillion to it and is outspending Obama.

All while continuing to claim the US economy is the greatest ever.

Heisenberg

I'm just surprised that he didn't refer the whistleblowers as rats this time.

I'm sure the President of the USA knows far more about this than I do - but I was always assured that whistleblowers are protected from being treated unfairly if they come forward with information that is beneficial to public interest? It must be me that's wrong.

I'm sure the President of the USA knows far more about this than I do - but I was always assured that whistleblowers are protected from being treated unfairly if they come forward with information that is beneficial to public interest? It must be me that's wrong.
    To be a whistlenlower you have to follow a specific whistleblower procedure. Going directly to Schiff and colluding with him was probably not the cleverest thing to do. Lots of juicy stuff to come ...

Dual tactics, discredit the person who is under whistleblower protection (likely person already outed on the alt-right sites that pretend to care about the US Constitution) and to discourage others (presumably from saying how squeaky clean and perfect Trump is on other matters or things he may do in the future).

The first bit is a distraction as Trump appointed officials have already given first hand accounts which go further than the whistleblower statement. Indeed Trump and his Chief of Staff have confessed more than that, live on tv! Obviously there will be a few slavish acolytes that follow the distraction.

The second bit.. who knows. Can't remember too many campaigns being won by retreating ever further into a bunker but then again Twitter is a more recent innovation for the paranoid and cornered.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Dual tactics, discredit the person who is under whistleblower protection (likely person already outed on the alt-right sites that pretend to care about the US Constitution) and to discourage others (presumably from saying how squeaky clean and perfect Trump is on other matters or things he may do in the future).

The first bit is a distraction as Trump appointed officials have already given first hand accounts which go further than the whistleblower statement. Indeed Trump and his Chief of Staff have confessed more than that, live on tv! Obviously there will be a few slavish acolytes that follow the distraction.

The second bit.. who knows. Can't remember too many campaigns being won by retreating ever further into a bunker but then again Twitter is a more recent innovation for the paranoid and cornered.
    Fair play you never give up, and you've decided to go down with the ship. BTW, where did you get the latest Lawfare talking points from, are you on the mailing list?