+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And here comes the old comedy routine, in an attempt to hide that what is obvious to the keen eye
    Yes I spotted the tactic, nothing to add , debate faltering , lets move the goalposts ( get it ) revert to schoolboy antics .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I spotted the tactic, nothing to add , debate faltering , lets move the goalposts ( get it ) revert to schoolboy antics .
    That's as harsh as I've seen you be about Gluey - I don't get why you react like that to him now when he's been using that method on here for years..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's as harsh as I've seen you be about Gluey - I don't get why you react like that to him now when he's been using that method on here for years..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You've got to wonder why he's pushing this unproven drug (just take it, nothing to lose) and stopping an expert talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You've got to wonder why he's pushing this unproven drug (just take it, nothing to lose) and stopping an expert talk about it.
    Ventilator or hydroxychloroquine, which one would you choose?

So the money man is favoured over the scientist.

Ventilator or hydroxychloroquine, which one would you choose?
    9 years ago last weekend on the Friday afternoon, I was informed by a surgeon that on the following Monday they would like to perform a brain operation on me, however, the OP would be so deep into the brain that the outcome would be very risky, would have to sign a consent form etc. etc. my wife was with me at the time, I spent two hours crying like a little baby and petrified and unsure if to agree with the OP, the surgeon then came back and said an error had been made and that no op required!!, to this day I do not know what I would have decided when the surgeon came back to discuss and with the consent form.
    I have read that once you get to Ventilator stage it is only a 20% rate that recovers from this at this point.
    Vaccination is x months away
    I have followed a guy on twitter for a couple of years who called this treatment quite some time before Trump.
    This drug is approved by the FDA, Fauci is in print as agreeing to use it in circumstances previously, France has now approved its use.
    Would I risk this, Yes absolutely.
    Would I consent to any of my family using it, I’m unsure.
    It’s a real difficult one and beyond political instinct for me, from personal experience when you are faced with meeting your maker these decisions take on anything over and above your political beliefs.

There I a line in Dark Side of the moon, “I’m not frightened of Dying” I love this album and is a part of my musical growing up, but this line is bullshit.

I watch the Trump admin broadcast most evenings, 10.30 usual start but a couple of hours late last night, only due to, UK generally but not always follows America. it’s a guide as to where we go next. There is a big power play going on, will be interesting to see how it finishes.

Trump was previously forecasting back open for Easter, I think he was basing that on there being no kick back on his revelation of this drug, Trump knows his (Fauci) history with Clinton, WHO and Gates etc. but wanted to be seen making decisions on the back of the experts just in case it goes pear shaped and he can just deflect to Fauci and the lady but he’s not been able to get them to play ball and he’s boxed himself in a bit. Moves and countermoves!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have read that once you get to Ventilator stage it is only a 20% rate that recovers from this at this point.
    Vaccination is x months away.
    I have followed a guy on twitter for a couple of years who called this treatment quite some time before Trump.
    This drug is approved by the FDA, Fauci is in print as agreeing to use it in circumstances previously, France has now approved its use.
    Ventilator treatment is invasive. You are put into a medically induced coma, and they slice you open to insert the tubes directly into your lungs. As you say your chance of survival is around 20% if you are lucky.

Dr Fauci is refusing to back hydrochloroquine only because it hasn't undergone blind trials, which would mean the people who got the placebo would have to die in order to obtain a result that pleased him. On the other hand, hydrochloroquine has been used to successfully treat the Coronavirus, and there is plenty of scientific medical data to back this up.

People who are using this dilemma to score political points are dispicible in my opinion, and it seems as though more deaths are acceptable if it damages Trump. These people are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    9 years ago last weekend on the Friday afternoon, I was informed by a surgeon that on the following Monday they would like to perform a brain operation on me, however, the OP would be so deep into the brain that the outcome would be very risky, would have to sign a consent form etc. etc. my wife was with me at the time, I spent two hours crying like a little baby and petrified and unsure if to agree with the OP, the surgeon then came back and said an error had been made and that no op required!!, to this day I do not know what I would have decided when the surgeon came back to discuss and with the consent form.
    It looks like you dodged a bullet there, that is the luckiest of escapes!

Ventilator treatment is invasive. You are put into a medically induced coma, and they slice you open to insert the tubes directly into your lungs. As you say your chance of survival is around 20% if you are lucky.

Dr Fauci is refusing to back hydrochloroquine only because it hasn't undergone blind trials, which would mean the people who got the placebo would have to die in order to obtain a result that pleased him. On the other hand, hydrochloroquine has been used to successfully treat the Coronavirus, and there is plenty of scientific medical data to back this up.

People who are using this dilemma to score political points are dispicible in my opinion, and it seems as though more deaths are acceptable if it damages Trump. These people are sick.
    Ahem to that, the world is indeed a nasty place , i'm afraid social media and the internet has allowed this to fester

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ahem to that, the world is indeed a nasty place , i'm afraid social media and the internet has allowed this to fester
    Bookmarked.

A next door neighbour of my mother is currently in the Heath with Covid and is currently in an induced coma, and last night the wife of one of my fathers friends died from Covid.

It's equally dispicable (sic) to offer up miracles that are unlikely to exist. Fox News go-to Medical expert not quite on message in this embedded link.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/doctor...-drug?ref=home

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's equally dispicable (sic) to offer up miracles that are unlikely to exist. Fox News go-to Medical expert not quite on message in this embedded link.

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pan...mpression=true

New York City hospitals are experiencing positive results. Thank f*ck the poor souls battling Corvid19 are not depending on you for advice!

New York City hospitals are experiencing positive results. Thank f*ck the poor souls battling Corvid19 are not depending on you for advice!
    Can I just say how touching I found your recent concern for the poor souls battling Corvid19 (as you now seem to be calling it).

That compassion may have been a tad lacking as you weaved from a Chinese Plot against its own people, a hoax inflamed by the media, a bit like Y2K, a bit like the common cold or seasonal flu, let's call it Wuhan Flu and Fauci say's only 0.1% (350k Americans) will die so that is no reason to shut down the economy so dramatically. All the while berating people who took the virus seriously and supported the measures that were being put in place.

Good luck with your latest, there's a miracle cure folks and anyone listening to medical experts is doing so to get at Trump throw of the dice.

"If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    "If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/u...gtype=Homepage
    Well isn't that a surprise.

With Trump, you follow the money. Every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well isn't that a surprise.

With Trump, you follow the money. Every single time.
    I believe his shareholding is very small in fairness. But the fixation has been strange to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I believe his shareholding is very small in fairness. But the fixation has been strange to say the least.
    It should be zero, shouldn't it?

LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19

https://abc7.com/health/la-doctor-se...id-19/6079864/

That compassion may have been a tad lacking as you weaved from a Chinese Plot against its own people, a hoax inflamed by the media, a bit like Y2K, a bit like the common cold or seasonal flu, let's call it Wuhan Flu and Fauci say's only 0.1% (350k Americans) will die so that is no reason to shut down the economy so dramatically. All the while berating people who took the virus seriously and supported the measures that were being put in place.
    My early observations were diectly based on the words of world renowned Coronavirus expert Dr Fauci, and the actions of Democrats such as Governor Cuomo and House speaker Nancy Pelosi, so stop being a revisionist tosser.